Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boyo

VIP Member
A51C361C-50FE-436C-9273-742031F9F188.jpeg
Yeah, you missed a consonant there, mate.
Possible early #threadtitle nom: Jackie M - Honorary Unt

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 139

MancBee

VIP Member
And this is what angers me most about Jack. She thinks being nonbinary is all about dressing up like a boy. NO IT ISN'T. Dress like you want, but stop comparing yourself to a man just because you are wearing a shirt and jumper. Wear what you like and just be yourself.

She in no way looks like an uncle, she looks nothing like any of my uncles, only one of which is still alive, all my other uncles are DEAD. She looks like a woman with short hair. If I put on a dress, blow dried my (now quite long) locks and put on a load of makeup, I wouldn't look like an aunty. Neither would it make me nonbinary, it would make me a man in a dress with slap on.

She does the Trans and Nonbinary communities no favours by playing dress up and equating that to being trans and nonbinary herself. In fact it is insulting in the extreme.

What does she know about workplace allyship and inclusion, she has never worked in one place long enough to know anything about building workplace relationships. In fact she knows nothing about relationships full stop.

Her knowledge of large businesses is cursory at best. She has no in-depth knowledge of any subject if truth be told. How she can add anything to that conversation is beyond me.

I come back to the dressing up game, she is trivialising what it is to be gender nonconforming. People struggle for years to understand and come to terms with what is a difficult, challenging and emotional decision. It is actually incredibly offensive to even imply that it has anything to do with dressing up as the opposite gender.

• Heart
Reactions: 134

MancBee

VIP Member
I can not get over her inability to understand why she doesn't qualify for SEISS. It is to assist those that are unable to work due to the pandemic. It is not to compensate for lost work, if that work has been replaced with other work.

She says she has lost work at festivals, etc, so thinks she should be compensated for this loss. What she doesn't then factor in, is how much work she has gained that would never have come about if the pandemic never happened.

It boils down to one small fact, Jack is jealous. She is consumed by it. The way she talks about people on £80k salaries, the way she envies others that get government money, the way she thinks she is more in need than others, the way she talks about anyone with money, the way she speaks about people in positions of power. She sees herself as deserving of the same income and place in society. She had that lifestyle once, mixing with the rich and famous, eating at fancy restaurants (The Groucho, The Ivy, Harvester) and is now a nobody. She was lucky to find one well off girlfriend, never mind two, I doubt there will be a third. She spends her days tweeting away in her Southend rented shitty bungalow, alone and friendless.

I had to catch myself there, I almost, almost, felt sorry for her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 123

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Sideboard Bob for posting the viggle receipt and @lilamay for nominating the words!
A brilliant prize for you both- I’ve named you and thanked you publicly on this thread, and I will probably never send you a signed copy once it’s finished.

In our last thread, Jack made @MancBee do a swear TWICE.
I beg your pardon, she asked Mom first if she could sketch her snowy garden
Only 6 days left until the “compendium of shit recipes for food and bathing” book deadline...
The canal of ninnies agreed broadly that - rabbits are good, cats are good, sheep are good, Jack is insufferable.
Apparently “purists” think different herbs taste different. Also, salt is salt is salt, get sprinkling that potassium permanganate on your chips!
Her milkbottles of herbs bring all the squiggles to the yard. Jury is out on whether she stores the surplus non-vegan milk in the little glass herb jars.

Edit- thanks also to dear heart @Switchstreetz for doing a recap whilst my computer was glitching!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 114

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Previously, on Jack Monroe threads:

- some vegans were unhappy about Jack (who was enthusiastically applauding"sausage toffee" at roughly the same time) getting a veganuary partnership with the Linda McCartney brand.
- Instagram vegan uprising ensues. The brand sticks head in sand and sends out template response.
- former Sunday school teacher, and Patreon Pirate, JM misspells Pontius Pilate
- Jack coincidentally remembers she's a 90% vegan (but only 10% of the time) and begins a very disingenuous discussion about rice milk and vegan cheeses, not at all coming across as a mendacious attempt to deflect criticism.
- She penned lots of big words on twitter while abrogating her responsibilities as a writer
- and commented on Nigella's insta asking to draw her garden. Nigella, in an admirable display of restraint, did not reply
- who needed ALL HERBS ARE THE SAME for Jack bingo?
- why come up with recipes/life hacks when you can encourage squiggles to email them to you? Then you can use their ideas for free and make money off them! The ultimate top tip!
- "incredibly dangerous advice Jack" is back with the worst life hacks ever.
- table salt???! In a BATH?!
- adorable bunnies with a great message on responsible animal ownership here

As of Tuesday morning it is now 5 days till deadline:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 113

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
It's definitely a video for Linda M... did anyone else read no. 9 as poo greens? 🥴View attachment 406225View attachment 406227

Gourmet catfood for Coopsie? Hope SB is still whooping about his eyelid sausages... *tip jar rattle*
OMG, if Linda (RIP) is going to post a video of her rustling up slop I'm wincing at the comments already. The viggles are savage enough when they're just responding to a still image - imagine how they'll react to her awkwardly prodding at a pan of orzo for ten minutes.

Also, what the fuck is with all the twee "Please feed me X" post-its!? Does she have conversations with the recycling boxes now?

IMG_20210127_220453.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106

Scotty1976

Chatty Member
hope I've put spoiler in okay . I'm really struggling with my ed and anxiety and depression just now ,I just feel everything closing in on me .The covid situation just feels like it will never end . I'm not sure if being on here helps at the moment even though so many of you are lovely and supportive 💕 but at same time it's about the only connection with the outside world apart from walking dog and getting food shopping when I have to. I've never private messaged anyone here and I wish I could but don't think I can at the moment . I'm just so tired of putting on a things are fine face when I feel this low ☹

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 104

colouredlines

VIP Member
Some days I feel bad about spending so much time on a gossip site.

Other days angry vegans are demanding justice from Paul McCartney, and what could be better than that?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102

MancBee

VIP Member
I have just got in from the doctor (infection still raging and travelling to other parts of my body :(). She was a nice lady doctor but she was wearing traaaazzzers, a cable knit jumper, had a No2 buzzcut and we talked about her girlfriend. She would have been most insulted if I had said that her outfit had a masculine aesthetic (and I know her well enough to say that sort of thing). She just wears what she feels comfortable in, and quite frankly no one should care.

I'm a bit pissed off that I still didn't get a prescription for red lipstick to make me feel better.

Lady doctors often suggest female gendered cosmetics to people that have a masculine aesthetic in an attempt to improve their mood. Clearly my aesthetic wasn't masculine enough to warrant red lipstick.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 101

Jumpingbeansterrapin

It’s taking every ounce of my restraint not to reply to her tweet asking for tips with some of my own thrifty ideas.
“Instead of bath salts, I like to drop some Bisto granules and a few chopped carrots in to the water so I can have a wash and cook a nice roast at the same time. You’re welcome, Jack :) x”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101

Buscake

The performative home schooling tweets really really piss me off. I’ve got 3 primary aged kids and I work during school hours (from home at the moment!) 📐
One child in mainstream with an EHCP, year below her son: learning from home but managing really well with additional online support from 1:1 when needed. I don’t have to help her at all!
Another child in mainstream with no SEN - doesn’t need any input from her
Third child in special school - press says they’re open, reality is he is only allowed to attend a couple of days a week. He is non verbal, severely disabled and unable to access remote learning so requires a huge amount of attention from me (while I am working)

Yes although I’m not doing this alone, my husband is NHS and works long hours in a hospital 📐 It’s fucking chaotic and nightmarish trying to work with all my kids here with no support. BUT I am mindful that this situation is shit for everyone! I know of people that have it much harder than me - why can’t Mack recognise that actually in some respects she has it easier? She’s said she has her weekends free for example, perhaps she could work then instead?!

sorry to rant. I’m just so sick of her poor me schtick. She really doesn’t have it that hard!!

• Heart
Reactions: 98

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
One of the vegan insta accounts with a large following has now tagged Paul McCartney into the complaints.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 96

HarderFaster

VIP Member
The worst thing about it is that in restricting replies she knows she’s being an outright sick fuck.

I just hope she enjoys trolling us and the viggles on the way up because it’s a long fall down for her and that Patreon income alone won’t keep her in the manner to which she’s become accustomed 🤷🏼‍♀️

Regardless of how much she tells brands she’s being trolled waah waah - future collaborations just aren’t going to want to deal with it? And she’s ruined her own TV career by being fucking shit.

Anyway, you enjoy being a smug little cunt, Jack. Sleep well knowing you tortured a kitten to death, I guess.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 95

Winthropp Tuesday

VIP Member
And this is what angers me most about Jack. She thinks being nonbinary is all about dressing up like a boy. NO IT ISN'T. Dress like you want, but stop comparing yourself to a man just because you are wearing a shirt and jumper. Wear what you like and just be yourself.

She in no way looks like an uncle, she looks nothing like any of my uncles, only one of which is still alive, all my other uncles are DEAD. She looks like a woman with short hair. If I put on a dress, blow dried my (now quite long) locks and put on a load of makeup, I wouldn't look like an aunty. Neither would it make me nonbinary, it would make me a man in a dress with slap on.

She does the Trans and Nonbinary communities no favours by playing dress up and equating that to being trans and nonbinary herself. In fact it is insulting in the extreme.

What does she know about workplace allyship and inclusion, she has never worked in one place long enough to know anything about building workplace relationships. In fact she knows nothing about relationships full stop.

Her knowledge of large businesses is cursory at best. She has no in-depth knowledge of any subject if truth be told. How she can add anything to that conversation is beyond me.

I come back to the dressing up game, she is trivialising what it is to be gender nonconforming. People struggle for years to understand and come to terms with what is a difficult, challenging and emotional decision. It is actually incredibly offensive to even imply that it has anything to do with dressing up as the opposite gender.
I love you for this. Can’t like it enough. I’m non -binary, which I learned when I was diagnosed with autism 6 years ago and was the reason I had gender confusion as a teenager and young adult. I didn’t know whether I was gay, straight, or ‘just’ the wrong gender. Twenty five years ago there was literally next to nothing known about this kind of thing. I cut my hair short, wore boys clothes and got the shit kicked out of me for doing it. Her attitude towards it makes me so cross. It’s not fun, or something to cosplay for likes. This shit hurts people.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
Omg just when I think she can't get anymore disgusting, wheeling out the kitten video again 😡 what was it you said about misty eyed rhetoric Jack? Cos playing an ED for the millionth time, cruel just cruel. She is a cold hearted grifter through and through. Also the webinar was clearly important to her, she couldn't even be bothered to make an effort and wear clean clothes. But that is a known narc trait, it's a subtle way to show how little you, the audience matter.

You know cabal, Jack is triggering and definitely trolling us but at least we aren't Jack. We can walk away from the threads anytime. Jack has to live with herself and today's mini shitshow shows what a mess she is.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 91