Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Sideboard Bob for posting the viggle receipt and @lilamay for nominating the words!
A brilliant prize for you both- I’ve named you and thanked you publicly on this thread, and I will probably never send you a signed copy once it’s finished.

In our last thread, Jack made @MancBee do a swear TWICE.
I beg your pardon, she asked Mom first if she could sketch her snowy garden
Only 6 days left until the “compendium of tit recipes for food and bathing” book deadline...
The canal of ninnies agreed broadly that - rabbits are good, cats are good, sheep are good, Jack is insufferable.
Apparently “purists” think different herbs taste different. Also, salt is salt is salt, get sprinkling that potassium permanganate on your chips!
Her milkbottles of herbs bring all the squiggles to the yard. Jury is out on whether she stores the surplus non-vegan milk in the little glass herb jars.

Edit- thanks also to dear heart @Switchstreetz for doing a recap whilst my computer was glitching!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 114
Previously, on Jack Monroe threads:

- some vegans were unhappy about Jack (who was enthusiastically applauding"sausage toffee" at roughly the same time) getting a veganuary partnership with the Linda McCartney brand.
- Instagram vegan uprising ensues. The brand sticks head in sand and sends out template response.
- former Sunday school teacher, and Patreon Pirate, JM misspells Pontius Pilate
- Jack coincidentally remembers she's a 90% vegan (but only 10% of the time) and begins a very disingenuous discussion about rice milk and vegan cheeses, not at all coming across as a mendacious attempt to deflect criticism.
- She penned lots of big words on twitter while abrogating her responsibilities as a writer
- and commented on Nigella's insta asking to draw her garden. Nigella, in an admirable display of restraint, did not reply
- who needed ALL HERBS ARE THE SAME for Jack bingo?
- why come up with recipes/life hacks when you can encourage squiggles to email them to you? Then you can use their ideas for free and make money off them! The ultimate top tip!
- "incredibly dangerous advice Jack" is back with the worst life hacks ever.
- table salt???! In a BATH?!
- adorable bunnies with a great message on responsible animal ownership here

As of Tuesday morning it is now 5 days till deadline:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 113
It’s taking every ounce of my restraint not to reply to her tweet asking for tips with some of my own thrifty ideas.
“Instead of bath salts, I like to drop some Bisto granules and a few chopped carrots in to the water so I can have a wash and cook a nice roast at the same time. You’re welcome, Jack :) x”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
I'm lying in bed still utterly perplexed by the baking tray/dish water "tip." The only explanation I can come up with is that when doing the dishes Jack has to take a mini dino nap after washing each item, hence the need to keep the water hot for hours on end.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Been here since the early threads but this is my first ever thread title! Thank you very Matt much! I would like to say a special thanks to fellow fraus @Sideboard Bob and the squiggle whose words inspired me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
We made a thread without Harry or Poca and there was no chaos, go team! 😎

@HotesTilaire i was tempted to just quote @HarderFaster 's excellent summary post and leave it at that as the recap 😅

hope your computer behaving now - if not then try bathing it in a solution of water, table salt and orange peel before removing it from the bath and placing upon an old baking tray and setting alight. Throw sage/eucalyptus/any herb into the flames to exorcise the computer gremlins. Use the ashy remains as a replacement for any recipes requiring cumin.

If this does not work tell it to sort itself out this instant or you'll feed it Jack's minty pea and ham soup (do not do this I'm pretty sure it violates a Geneva convention)

• Haha
Reactions: 82
Thanks, I just went to see the sheep on food and drink for a relax! I hate doing the thread- the time pressure. Then the bloody “a problem occurred the page will reload” every ten seconds.
Think I need an at-spa spa day!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Still time for more tips?

I believe you can repurpose crap books by setting fire to them. Make an excellent heat and light source that can also be used for cooking. (y)
Some pages may be used as toilet paper although no naked, vulnerable botty should be exposed to the horrors of ring pull hacks or tumble dryer fluff! Think on. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 43
You can cut the pictures out of a book and stick them in the garage, then your rabbit will feel like it’s in a real home!

Or why not try cutting out the tips, pasting them on a beige postcard and posting one every week to your patreons

• Haha
Reactions: 59
It’s taking every ounce of my restraint not to reply to her tweet asking for tips with some of my own thrifty ideas.
“Instead of bath salts, I like to drop some Bisto granules and a few chopped carrots in to the water so I can have a wash and cook a nice roast at the same time. You’re welcome, Jack :) x”
vegan bisto i hope?!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I'm lying in bed still utterly perplexed by the baking tray/dish water "tip." The only explanation I can come up with is that when doing the dishes Jack has to take a mini dino nap after washing each item, hence the need to keep the water hot for hours on end.
Let’s just say she should not have used a black, metal baking tray. It is the worst possible material for that purpose.

She should have made a bubble wrap (FREE from
Amazon orders local skips) pillow and filled it with lovely insulating hair or tumble dryer fluff (FREE).

See Jack, we are all here to help in every possible situation.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Is this from Vlad? I’m not sure I appreciate the tone. Or the implications. Worst VIP present ever.
3D84FD0A-5ADB-44B1-A033-6B21C08E3FA5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Still time for more tips?

I believe you can repurpose crap books by setting fire to them. Make an excellent heat and light source that can also be used for cooking. (y)
Some pages may be used as toilet paper although no naked, vulnerable botty should be exposed to the horrors of ring pull hacks or tumble dryer fluff! Think on. 😀
There is a Pinterest craze where people stick books (old, new, who knows? ) to walls for a headrest/headboard.

Someone I know did this. It made me really sad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Top Tips Jack is bad. Tattle top tips are good. I bet she would publish anything she was sent at this stage.

🔺Here in the plague pits it is bonkers. I taught a lesson this morning with only one student left in school- the rest have covid/ are quarantined/ are being kept off. SO many teachers have the covid that there are all sorts of random people doing lessons, like the receptionist and HR lady. I think we are one step away from the bus drivers being roped in....

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
🚨
Laptop ✅
Big Mac Pro thing ✅
Coops ✅
Claiming she gets up earlier than anyone EVER (5am) ✅
Book bollocks ✅
Post-its ✅

The only thing missing is a big flask of slowly cooling water.

ETA deleted tweets ✅ ( too fast for me, I was twatting around on other threads using yesterday’s coffee grounds to compost the local wildflower bed before the neighbours got up)

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Life so hard for her. SB is 10, isn’t he? Not a toddler.
She is infuriatingly ungrateful. I really hope she’s not using home-schooling as an excuse for her book being late...who am I kidding, she’ll say it is, delete a heap of tweets and get away with it again.

Insufferable, ungrateful Jack is definitely the worst for me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Of course life is stressful when you’re 32 but choose to act like a sulky overgrown teenager.

SB sounds like a sweet boy who doesn’t cause her any grief.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.