Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t* believe she didn’t even bother to check any emails from the organisation. If I’m reading this correctly she missed the emails as her inbox is “swamped“. The organisers must have been tearing their hair out, they wouldn’t have known if she was going to show up until the moment she logged in.
*I can

Also, add me to the list of robot fans, and not the ”smol” ones. I’ve 📐read every Asimov robot story I can get my hands on!
Asimov fans UNITE!

(i nearly just burned my dinner making this)

Isaac_Asimov.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
A51C361C-50FE-436C-9273-742031F9F188.jpeg
Yeah, you missed a consonant there, mate.
Possible early #threadtitle nom: Jackie M - Honorary Unt

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 139
Oooooh another over 40k follower vegan account has weighed in on the sausage abomination on Linda McCartney insta, and even better, Jack follows the account 😲
Quite shocking actually - I’ve just looked at her comments and she notes that she (a Black influencer) has been offered freebies in exchange for promoting Linda Mc products but never actual payment.

I wonder what Jack’s thoughts on this are given her monetised support for BLM (including the hoo-hah over them supposedly threatening to cancel her contract for said support through which we found out that she was paid over £10k 🙃) and her performative commentary on things that are “qwhite interesting” etc...?

I don’t expect people partaking in paid promotions to be 100% cognizant of ethical issues but it’s always fun how Jack likes to make a huge song and dance out of her commitment to social justice while she’s quite clearly elbowing people from minorities out of the way while hoovering up the fees that they don’t have the bargaining power to request (see Roadside Mum; Alexis the conspiracist; Black vegan blogger).

A nasty business.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
And this is what angers me most about Jack. She thinks being nonbinary is all about dressing up like a boy. NO IT ISN'T. Dress like you want, but stop comparing yourself to a man just because you are wearing a shirt and jumper. Wear what you like and just be yourself.

She in no way looks like an uncle, she looks nothing like any of my uncles, only one of which is still alive, all my other uncles are DEAD. She looks like a woman with short hair. If I put on a dress, blow dried my (now quite long) locks and put on a load of makeup, I wouldn't look like an aunty. Neither would it make me nonbinary, it would make me a man in a dress with slap on.

She does the Trans and Nonbinary communities no favours by playing dress up and equating that to being trans and nonbinary herself. In fact it is insulting in the extreme.

What does she know about workplace allyship and inclusion, she has never worked in one place long enough to know anything about building workplace relationships. In fact she knows nothing about relationships full stop.

Her knowledge of large businesses is cursory at best. She has no in-depth knowledge of any subject if truth be told. How she can add anything to that conversation is beyond me.

I come back to the dressing up game, she is trivialising what it is to be gender nonconforming. People struggle for years to understand and come to terms with what is a difficult, challenging and emotional decision. It is actually incredibly offensive to even imply that it has anything to do with dressing up as the opposite gender.
Genuinely, Thank(space)you❤

• Heart
Reactions: 44
How long was she on for before it started? Heading off for a bathroom break on a zoom call sounds bizarre unless it went on for hours
I got on about 10 mins before it started and she was there, and asked about 3 mins to start if there was time for a quick wee, it was only 1 hour long. She seemed very nervous, if I didn't know better I would say it was the first or second time she had ever done anything like this! She was better by the end though

Reactions: 34
OT but I want to go and live in the place Bob Ross is painting right now.

A million miles away from Jack and all her tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
You uncle who has loud opinions near the pub fruit machine.

What actual planet is she actually on.

How long does it take her to come up with these observations about herself?

Is she pleased with herself when she comes up with one?

She reminds me a bit of Begbie here. Is that what she means when she talks about an uncle who has loud opinions?

View attachment 404175

Obviously Jack does not have a moustache, and Begbie does not wear glasses.
I can't stop laughing at the Begbie comparison 😂. You lot really make me laugh sometimes!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.