Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Discovered who JM has been modelling herself on. Big facetuned eyes included - and too competitive to even credit SB with being better at can opening.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Screenshot_20210125-161337__01.jpg

Vegan squig is not here for the cheese bullshit (in the latest non-slop LM post).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
Hi gang,

I spotted a top tip recently and I've decanted 6 tubs of mixed herbs into an empty milk bottle. I now have 6 empty herb tubs, has anyone got any ideas on what to do with them?
Cover them in wallpaper and replace the tops with circles of fabric from an old denim shirt held in place with elastic bands. They make lovely pots to put your herbs in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Why does she think it’s elitist or purist to be specific about herbs and spices? I agree that when on a budget you don’t have all of them to hand but you can make recipes with the ones you do have rather than mess flavored up with any old ones. A basic - this herb is good with x and y would help.

Reactions: 36
Someone has asked the 27.7k follower insta account who Jack Monroe is (on the Linda McCartney page) and .........

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 16.16.50.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 16.17.03.png

ETA as @Pixieboots was saying!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Hi gang,

I spotted a top tip recently and I've decanted 6 tubs of mixed herbs into an empty milk bottle. I now have 6 empty herb tubs, has anyone got any ideas on what to do with them?
Why as a charming set of novelty mugs of course. You can literally never have too many.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
That reminded me of the way Jack/Caroline wrote this post :ROFLMAO:

Coming back in from the past because I've just got in from work - how can you make Crunchy Nut Cornflake milk vegan? The Crunchy Nut Cornflakes contain Honey and an unspecified source of Vitamin D.

ETA: Ah, I see. You don't add honey. Or cornflakes, I presume? And you don't add nuts either in some cases. But it's still crunchy nut milk. Okayyyy...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Just came across this. Tragic. Thinking of our feathered friend's family and loved ones during this difficult time. Godspeed.

4247AAAE-BAE2-4530-A31C-36B2B3B09B91.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Nooooooooooooo!
I hoped the freezer :sick: juices :sick: were a myth, a fantasy, a cute little tale we could all hoot at. You didn't have to make it blimming TRUE!

Screenshot_20210125-134711.png

I'm going to have to try and squeeze a vegan sausage into an empty herb jar just to cheer myself up. ;)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
I like him.
He wrote something for GCSE economics (might have been A levels) as well as putting together a book on finances/taxes for teenagers. He then made sure every child in year 11 got a copy. For free. He actually made a loss but didn't care because he is so passionate about 'good financial health'.
I don't doubt he's made a lot of money, but most of the stuff he does is for free.
Yes, he’s provided great support for financial education in schools (am a teacher 🔺) and is also good at clearly explaining student finance. I have huge time for him, he’s not had the easiest life (I think his mum died when he was quite young) but made a huge success of his website, and sold it for £££££, which allowed him to do what he wants now.

He also provides amazing advice to consumers, and has done far more to help people in difficult financial straits than almost anyone in the public eye. Also doesn’t make it all about himself...

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.