Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the thing that’s really irritated me about the £350-£600 keyboard on top of the £500 sideboard, is that it needs a stand and a chair/stool. It doesn’t need a sideboard, and her kid will never learn to play the very expensive instrument without being able to sit with it properly. She’s got no respect for anything, she just buys and buys and buys with no thought.
I can’t see there’s much chance she’d part with her hard earned cash (ha!) to pay for her son to have music lessons.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
One of the vegan insta accounts with a large following has now tagged Paul McCartney into the complaints.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 96
the thing that’s really irritated me about the £350-£600 keyboard on top of the £500 sideboard, is that it needs a stand and a chair/stool. It doesn’t need a sideboard, and her kid will never learn to play the very expensive instrument without being able to sit with it properly. She’s got no respect for anything, she just buys and buys and buys with no thought.
Even if she wanted to buy a stand, as every nook and cranny is filled with either a sideboard, a sofa or an expensive fridge, she has nowhere else to put it

Reactions: 32
Just because ‘others have it worse’ doesn’t mean your feelings aren’t valid or not allowed. Please always ask how to do things because the fact that you’re even talking about how you are feeling - even if it’s to us non food experts who don’t dry orange peels on radiators - is really great.
Just because ‘others have it worse’ doesn’
Just because ‘others have it worse’ doesn’t mean your feelings aren’t valid or not allowed. Please always ask how to do things because the fact that you’re even talking about how you are feeling - even if it’s to us non food experts who don’t dry orange peels on radiators - is really great.

To anyone who is feeling down or not themselves, please know that you can always DM me (I’m pretty sure I have that option ticked!). I can offer poor to average chat. You are important and you matter. ❤
Thank you .You have all been so lovely it's much appreciated. I guess I just need to take better care of myself .Will get wrapped up and get dog walked .I might just lurk a bit for a wee while .Take care everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I can’t see there’s much chance she’d part with her hard earned cash (ha!) to pay for her son to have music lessons.
wot are you talking about ? he can pick out a tune with one hand which makes him a virtuoso just like his mother

(but SB picking out a tune at his age is actually impressive and he clearly has a good ear! sacrifice one of your sideboards and get him an online piano tutor jack)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I feel really sorry for SB. Several things just recently off the top of my head:

If he's bored he gets the "chore bingo". Maybe he's bored because he has no interaction from her all day? Having something to do i.e. schoolwork is not the same as a meaningful interaction with your mum. Read a book, play a board game, build some lego, go for a walk, talk to him, play an xbox 2-player, let him help with dinner. Any number of things other than shove a chore at him.

That hideously dull conversation starting card thing they apparently do. Does she really have so little to chat with him about that that is seen as a fulfilling activity? The thought of doing that over dinner fills me with dread; as a 10 year old I'd be claiming not to be hungry and eating in my room later, especially at slop central.

The way she is going on over that disgusting reposted video. Apart from being absolutely repulsive in every single aspect, she's twatting on about how she's changed after and the "pure love" she felt. She has a son. I know first hand how it feels when your parent outwardly states they love something/someone more than you and it doesn't leave you. One day he'll find out about that and he'll be devastated.

He's got an interest in that keyboard. Get him some lessons! Something else to nuture him and allow him to explore a new hobby in this limited world would be fantastic, I bet there are loads of piano teachers offering lessons over zoom. Of course I can see her not doing this purely to prevent him progressing further than her (so showing any talent at all).

She's a proper twit.

ETA: I see a fair few people also picked up on the keyboard/music lessons thing. Here's hope she reads all those comments and actually acts on it!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
Music lessons? They're only for people who insist on doing the FANCY thing of playing with both hands. What's wrong with the (Asda) Basics two-finger thump? Good enough to play the Ivy!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
That's a lovely supportive message from you @Blurp. I'm lucky I have my dog but the mental health services round here are patchy to say the leastespecially for ed I don't think my settings let me private message at the moment .😔 I hope you are managing okay is that your dog as your profile pic . It's so cute
That's Grace, the Great Escaper! It'sthe picture that appeared in the village FB page as "lost dog", a surprise to me as she was on the sofa when I read it - she was obviously making her way home when snapped! She's dug a space under the latest fencing designed to keep her in but I need a decent dry and non-freezing day to cement in another post to block it. She slipped out again this morning and accompaniedsome walkers back from the village, sat in the empty field over the road and is now sitting in the barley field next door ... I'm waiting for the bark at the gate to tell me that she's come home!

20210117_233819.jpg

She's also known as The Dog Who Eats Walls, here complete with evidence:

IMG_20210127_000344_079.jpg

ETA: 1547 and she's home 😁. Barking at the gate and demanding entry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
For someone who thinks mainly of herself she really has little self awareness of how consistently awful she is on a daily basis, grrrr

Off topic, I’ve been doing Veganuary (previously a pescatarian of the non body building variety) and enjoying it a lot, have cheated by ordering Mindful Chef vegan meals for a few dinners, but now I have the recipes will be able to recreate myself - thank you to the Fraus for all the tips
Edit: I haven’t been anywhere near vegan cheese

Back on topic, Jack you should be ashamed of yourself, the way you treated the poor kitten was evil, you are an attention seeking twit.
V pleased to see Essex’ finest Jamie Oliver continuing with the helpful tips and recipes during lockdown, his cheerful demeanour on screen is a delight and something Jack can only dream of.
Vegan cheese isn’t actually that bad now, although I’ve not had the real stuff since 2018, so I may be biased 😂 its just annoying that LM have Jack as a spokesperson instead of an actual vegan/someone who’s taking Veganuary seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It's on the most recent post on the Linda McCartney insta.
Oh my actual giddy aunt, I hadn’t even noticed the comments were spilling onto the other non Mrs Tweeton posts 😮
Wow they are hugely angry and very poor form from LM for not even acknowledging this...mind you, no one seems to be monitoring or removing the posts either - which is supremely odd

• Heart
Reactions: 39
That's Grace, the Great Escaper! It'sthe picture that appeared in the village FB page as "lost dog", a surprise to me as she was on the sofa when I read it - she was obviously making her way home when snapped! She's dug a space under the latest fencing designed to keep her in but I need a decent dry and non-freezing day to cement in another post to block it. She slipped out again this morning and accompaniedsome walkers back from the village, sat in the empty field over the road and is now sitting in the barley field next door ... I'm waiting for the bark at the gate to tell me that she's come home!

View attachment 405447

View attachment 405449
Oh she's beautiful!!!! I like her eyebrows

• Heart
Reactions: 23

View attachment 405447

View attachment 405449
Oh she's gorgeous!! Her face has such character ❤ who needs walls anyway?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh my actual giddy aunt, I hadn’t even noticed the comments were spilling onto the other non Mrs Tweeton posts 😮
Wow they are hugely angry and very poor form from LM for not even acknowledging this...mind you, no one seems to be monitoring or removing the posts either - which is supremely odd
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be going away. LMcC is going to have to say something, you'd think, if people keep bringing it up on each of their posts 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 34
I can’t remember where I read it now. Maybe Facebook. But she was asking for recommendations for a piano tutor for SB, a good while ago because it was before I found here.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Can’t believe Jack is on a deadline and hasn’t had a jaccident yet.
I’m not giving any details of my hospital visit again now case she nicks them
I’m ok now enjoying seeing the robottos I have a fine dark blue boxy head one from when I was tiny! How I slept cuddling it I don’t know 🤣❤🤖

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.