Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Getting up early to get stuff done, juggling home school and work, working late to get stuff done. It’s called life, unfortunately, Jack Monroe!

No-one’s having a lot of fun right now so what would really cheer us up is that drawing of Nigella’s garden. I must see it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89

Blurp

VIP Member
hope I've put spoiler in okay . I'm really struggling with my ed and anxiety and depression just now ,I just feel everything closing in on me .The covid situation just feels like it will never end . I'm not sure if being on here helps at the moment even though so many of you are lovely and supportive 💕 but at same time it's about the only connection with the outside world apart from walking dog and getting food shopping when I have to. I've never private messaged anyone here and I wish I could but don't think I can at the moment . I'm just so tired of putting on a things are fine face when I feel this low ☹
I went to message you but you don't seem to have it set to do so; I checked on Waffle Maker who is also a Chatty Member and I can see the Start Conversation button for her.

Anyway, I wanted to send you some love and virtual hugs, from someone else who is also living alone with dogs (and cats) and fighting the local health board for mental health support. If you can activate messages, I'd be happy to have a conversation with you if you'd like some personal chat as opposed to the open forum, however great everyone is on the Jack threads. 💗💗💗

Quite different to the unsupportive, self-centred, conning, total waste of space that is Jack Monroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 88

colouredlines

VIP Member
Well she should be shaking in her many many ugly designer trainers, twitter is adding a button to enable people to report lies! He account will explode.
I am living for the day when Jack's "Another 25.000 steps before noon! Now off to Asda to do the week's shopping with 50p I found in the rug" tweets will be accompanied by This post contains unverifiable claims.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87

Scarletfever

VIP Member
This squiggle is a nurse on night shift. Yet they pity Jack, who has a long day of dino naps and titting about on SM ahead of her.

I despair, I really do.

IMG_20210126_084302.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 87

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I think Office Jack would be one of those annoying bastards who phones in sick constantly. Turns up occasionally and makes a huge deal about doing the smallest task - huffing and puffing and complaining how cold it is. Takes over team meetings by talking about their own micro issues and utterly irrelevant side things eg why should she have to contribute to the tea and biscuit fund when she's allergic to biscuits OK?
Yet unsackable for some reason.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Ugh I have work deadlines to meet this week but how am I supposed to manage it when I have to get up, brush my teeth, wash my face, have a shower, put some clothes on , wake my daughter up, go all the way downstairs, have a conversation with my partner, make coffee, drink coffee, make breakfast, carry breakfast to the table...and that's only by 8am..... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

• Haha

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
We made a thread without Harry or Poca and there was no chaos, go team! 😎

@HotesTilaire i was tempted to just quote @HarderFaster 's excellent summary post and leave it at that as the recap 😅

hope your computer behaving now - if not then try bathing it in a solution of water, table salt and orange peel before removing it from the bath and placing upon an old baking tray and setting alight. Throw sage/eucalyptus/any herb into the flames to exorcise the computer gremlins. Use the ashy remains as a replacement for any recipes requiring cumin.

If this does not work tell it to sort itself out this instant or you'll feed it Jack's minty pea and ham soup (do not do this I'm pretty sure it violates a Geneva convention)

• Haha

Emmapism

VIP Member
Okay so if I'm on a shoot and the makeup artist doesn't turn up, you have to reschedule the shoot, or at least part of it.

Because who has time to wait for Jack to pop to Debenhams to get some replacements? A) if you're the 'talent' they wouldn't ask you to do this and b) why am I even trying to make sense of this utter bollocks she just read comments on here about her Mac makeup and is fabricating shit agaaaaaain

• Haha
  • Heart

MooBelle

VIP Member
Not entitled to Seis because you are still earning money you stupid cow. People have had their lives destroyed and she's stamping her feet because Rishi won't give her pocket money.

Also, 27k Viggle really is going for her isn't she?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I - I - I think she looks jolly nice. Jolly nice indeed. Christ. She’s just a Jack. Standing in front of Twitter. Asking it to love her.
8E9CCB7B-4135-400E-B71F-E77C4B94F4AB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

MooBelle

VIP Member
Oh no.
Something just happened that I fear may have me thrown from the Cabal.
One of the mini Moos just made herself some lunch. Spaghetti hoops on toast.

SHE RINSED THE SAUCE OFF.

Where did I go wrong?!!! I mean, she's a good kid, but I've obviously made mistakes in her upbringing.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80

waffle maker

VIP Member
I've a friend teaching next door in Oman 📐. They've been online teaching for months now - her class are used to her kitten joining in 😁. However, the country has been ruthless about closing borders, curfew, etc. It sounds pretty wild where you are. AD or D?

🔺 We’re in Dubai. I was very smug for months as our cases have been low and we’ve had few deaths but everything has gone a bit crazy since all the Brits hopped up on COVID came over Xmas.

So what does Jack write in her letters to her head of year?

Dear Sir
You might remember me from getting 4.5 GCSEs and stealing a scalpel. You said I would only flip the burgers.

Jokes on you. I am really broke and can’t pay my rent and the cheques bounce. I wear a dirty jumper to talk to 250 people and pretend to be vegan.

Best, Jack

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 79