Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't get what people think qualifies her to do these talks? I mean other than the fact that she say she identifies as non binary she has no other credentials to speak on the subject does she? I mean she's not even worked within a workplace for what 10 years? A lot has moved on since then, she's no qualifications, no experiences other than anecdotal.... How does she have the arrogance to do these and charge for them? And literally how dumb are people to pay her to do them?! She wouldn't last 5 minutes where I work 😂 People would sniff out her bullshit a mile off.
She can't work in a workplace environment. The fact she had so many jobs in a ten year period just proves how crap at it she is.
Can you imagine trying to work with her? Christ almighty, would be a bloody nightmare. She's unreliable, unhinged, rude and has absolutely no clue to what she is doing.

I cannot believe Jack gets away with so much. Her constant quests into victimdom still haven’t decreased. She clearly has a supportive ex partner (SB’s father) but feels the need to whinge all the time. And asking Nigella if she can draw her garden (sorry I know it was a while ago!) Just do it quietly. Also, it is infuriating the way she tries to imitate Nigella’s writing style. There is only one Nigella. I do hope in 2021 we see the downfall of Jack - she’s insufferable.
Did Nigella ever respond to the creepy drawing request?

Reactions: 45
I cannot believe Jack gets away with so much. Her constant quests into victimdom still haven’t decreased. She clearly has a supportive ex partner (SB’s father) but feels the need to whinge all the time. And asking Nigella if she can draw her garden (sorry I know it was a while ago!) Just do it quietly. Also, it is infuriating the way she tries to imitate Nigella’s writing style. There is only one Nigella. I do hope in 2021 we see the downfall of Jack - she’s insufferable.
I think she sees her writing as a cross between Ruby Tandoh's and Nigella's. Neither of which she can match in terms of prose or culinary skill.

I'm so glad Ruby saw the light and unfollowed 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Semi-grunking but next thread title surely has to be #142 Honorary Unt.

It covers everything so nicely.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I think Office Jack would be one of those annoying bastards who phones in sick constantly. Turns up occasionally and makes a huge deal about doing the smallest task - huffing and puffing and complaining how cold it is. Takes over team meetings by talking about their own micro issues and utterly irrelevant side things eg why should she have to contribute to the tea and biscuit fund when she's allergic to biscuits OK?
Yet unsackable for some reason.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
The last few days have shown again that Jack really does cosplay everything, she really is Jack completed it Monroe. This is one of the many reasons why I can't take her seriously, not even mentioning the other many valid reasons why I dislike her.
Since I have personal experience of a few things she claims to have I can simply say that I don't believe her. And that is me being generous acknowledging the fact that while people can have e.g. the same illness or issue, their experiences can differ strongly due to structural life differences but also according to personality and the ability or willingness to adapt.
Like many others here I strongly feel that with her cosplay she is mocking people with real issues. It certainly offends me.

It might have been an article here, can't remember, but I recently read something about attractive influencers doing this thing about 'finally showing my really ugly toe', being all coquettish and fishing, knowing very well that they are not unattractive and then you look at the toe and see it is perfectly 'normal' toe.

So strange that she had got all the ailments in the world but not the unattractive ones.
Where is incontinence and excessive sweating and smelly mouth on anyone's list on social media profiles?

Anyway, I despise her for her grifting and softly, gently giving people the impression she is still in need of money. The rest of the stuff is impersonally filed as a modern day influencer type who does not have a real job, apart from writing the odd cookery book, I am again being generous.
Her cooking style does NOT help people who are poor anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Once again she is pandering to the right wing portrayal of people on benefits.

It's a very fine line between "if you buy cheap beans you can have nice things" (Jack's reasoning) and "it's feckless spending that's the reason you can't feed yourself with the benefits you get" (right wing narrative)

Indeed isn't it the right wing that say feckless spending by the young is the reason they can't afford to buy a property?
Yeah, when she was off on one about the vouchers/packages I was so annoyed as it’s her with her “£20 shop for three people” and her “I buy value beans so I can afford a £600 sideboard” completely playing into their hands cutting things. She and her £20 shops are literally cited by people as a reason to reduce things like the vouchers, and either she’s too thick to realise or she doesn’t care.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
The last few days have shown again that Jack really does cosplay everything, she really is Jack completed it Monroe. This is one of the many reasons why I can't take her seriously, not even mentioning the other many valid reasons why I dislike her.
Since I have personal experience of a few things she claims to have I can simply say that I don't believe her. And that is me being generous acknowledging the fact that while people can have e.g. the same illness or issue, their experiences can differ strongly due to structural life differences but also according to personality and the ability or willingness to adapt.
Like many others here I strongly feel that with her cosplay she is mocking people with real issues. It certainly offends me.

It might have been an article here, can't remember, but I recently read something about attractive influencers doing this thing about 'finally showing my really ugly toe', being all coquettish and fishing, knowing very well that they are not unattractive and then you look at the toe and see it is perfectly 'normal' toe.

So strange that she had got all the ailments in the world but not the unattractive ones.
Where is incontinence and excessive sweating and smelly mouth on anyone's list on social media profiles?

Anyway, I despise her for her grifting and softly, gently giving people the impression she is still in need of money. The rest of the stuff is impersonally filed as a modern day influencer type who does not have a real job, apart from writing the odd cookery book, I am again being generous.
Her cooking style does NOT help people who are poor anyway.
🚨🚨NEXT THREAD TITLE KLAXON: JACK "COMPLETED IT, MATE" MONROE 🚨🚨

• Haha
  • Heart
I don't get what people think qualifies her to do these talks? I mean other than the fact that she say she identifies as non binary she has no other credentials to speak on the subject does she? I mean she's not even worked within a workplace for what 10 years? A lot has moved on since then, she's no qualifications, no experiences other than anecdotal.... How does she have the arrogance to do these and charge for them? And literally how dumb are people to pay her to do them?! She wouldn't last 5 minutes where I work 😂 People would sniff out her bullshit a mile off.
I have a nonbinary friend that has worked in a large multinational company as their diversity director for many years. They have recently started their own company that provides expert advice to other companies on diversity issues. They have worked with small to medium companies mainly, but the NHS is one of their main areas of work.

If Jack thinks she can muscle in on this very niche market, where there are a lot of very skilled and qualified people, she will realize how out if her depth she really is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 69
Yeah, when she was off on one about the vouchers/packages I was so annoyed as it’s her with her “£20 shop for three people” and her “I buy value beans so I can afford a £600 sideboard” completely playing into their hands cutting things. She and her £20 shops are literally cited by people as a reason to reduce things like the vouchers, and either she’s too thick to realise or she doesn’t care.
Imagine what kind of forever home she could be living in if she’d just bought £100 sideboards instead of £600 ones.

• Haha
Has she deleted the 'I eat cheap beans so I can afford expensive furniture' response?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I have just got in from the doctor (infection still raging and travelling to other parts of my body :(). She was a nice lady doctor but she was wearing traaaazzzers, a cable knit jumper, had a No2 buzzcut and we talked about her girlfriend. She would have been most insulted if I had said that her outfit had a masculine aesthetic (and I know her well enough to say that sort of thing). She just wears what she feels comfortable in, and quite frankly no one should care.

I'm a bit pissed off that I still didn't get a prescription for red lipstick to make me feel better.

Lady doctors often suggest female gendered cosmetics to people that have a masculine aesthetic in an attempt to improve their mood. Clearly my aesthetic wasn't masculine enough to warrant red lipstick.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 101
Imagine what kind of forever home she could be living in if she’d just bought £100 sideboards instead of £600 ones.
She manages to make the expensive stuff look like tat, though, due to cramming it full of crap and apparently never cleaning.

I'd take advice from really creative people who can style up vintage pieces from charity shops to look incredible. But then, they have a genuine talent, and Jack she got none.

Reactions: 33
Has she deleted the 'I eat cheap beans so I can afford expensive furniture' response?
I was reading the first thread to see what was happening with Jack a year ago - it was just before THAT MAN and the thread was so slow. At one point literally 3 weeks between posts! Anyway I digress.
I read the Independent article in Thread 1 where she is slagging off JO. She had a massive issue with him saying some families eat cheap food, but have giant televisions. Isn't that what she is saying here? You make your own choices, savings on food to buy large items?

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Once again she is pandering to the right wing portrayal of people on benefits.

It's a very fine line between "if you buy cheap beans you can have nice things" (Jack's reasoning) and "it's feckless spending that's the reason you can't feed yourself with the benefits you get" (right wing narrative)

Indeed isn't it the right wing that say feckless spending by the young is the reason they can't afford to buy a property?
You are spot on MancBee absolutely right i actually think she missed her vocation,she should have been a politician!
Her slippery evasive twisting of a narrative to justify herself and always make someone else responsible or feel bad is very deftly done.
Almost as if this is her usual reaction to things?
Yes in Jacks world if you are feckless enough to fritter away money on such high grade luxury items such as hienz baked beans as oppossed to say morrisons own brand well get you in the bin then!!
Or as Norman tebbit said get on your bike!
Or even the lovely Emily thornberry (lucky me my mp) who was also quite angered on the behalf of poor people because well they just don't know whats best for them do they?
(Thats why sanctimonious prats like her and Jack feel entitled to jump in with their opinions that are obviously more important than anyone else's)
Still Emily like Jack has the answer (don't they always?).
Her solution was let people grow their own carrots! (Shades of dangling a carrot in front of a donkey here!).
Obviously poor people have no idea about this exotic specimen the carrot (hey what do i do with that?) either to eat or to grow (in the ground dum dum?).
Thats because obviously mums gone to iceland and is staggering under the wheight of frozen chips,fanta,lambrini,and chicken nuggets with a side order of benson and hedges and mars bars?
I throw up my hands here obviously if your too stupid or feckless to afford to shop in waitrose (probably because you've popped out an unruly gaggle of say at least 5 or 6 kids yeah little Taylor,Alfie,Jaydon,Madison and kai won't feed themselves you know!).
Yeah obviously if people didn't breed as much (first the carrot now like rabbits!) obviously if people didn't need help?
Yes how dare they need food and shelter and healthcare....get thee gone...
If they don"t know the health benefits of getting up in the morning and doing the sun salutation and kundalini breathing followed by a chia smoothie with kale and spinach?
I mean duh? If they don't know how not to be fat (uuurgggghh)? If they don't know how to be sober or clean?
If they don't know how to dress well yeah its addidas jogging pants and hoodies all the way mate!! (Obviously spending welfare/tax payers money on designer trainers tut tut)
If they don't have the gumption to know that organic cotton allows your skin to breath and is good for the enviroment hello!
Talk about priorities sorted mate!
Obviously they (anyone who isn't us and if your not us the enlightened ones such as jack and emily you are them/demonised?)
are festering in a sore/open wound of their own ingonrence?
Hey mate nobody asked you to be born or breath oxygen or pound the streets with your slovenly tribe kicking up a ruckus claiming money from all the really hard working people stealing yes stealing from the middle classes (much put upon tax payers) of course they are entitled to wag their finger (they earnt it?) or course they are entitled to scrunch up their noses in digust?
The lectures the histrionics the projection well what do you expect control yourself don't get angry?
How dare you raise your voice or shout or even have feelings?
As we know only thoose who can pay for themselves have the right to do that?
Don't come here looking for handouts or with your begging bowl (right Jack because you never do that right?)
After all where there is a claim there is a blame right?
So you can't claim to be a human being (the audacity) but you can claim benefits?
Except that these so called benefits are hardly enough to survive on?
Ha of course we don't want the lax poor people to actually have a life and god forbid enjoy themselves?
How preposterous no they are merely to survive hey babes thats what the gutter is there for?
Thats where all the rubbish in society collects after all the feeble minded the weak the vulnerable the disabled the old....all those that have no useful purpose....
What a drain eh Jack (on time and resources) what a waste of time and breath?
Still the social security keeps em barely alive you know just as a kind of public health warning...this is what could happen if you don't exercise eat your five a day or discipline yourself?
God got to be fit escape keep the demons of hunger/hungry people at bay....
If they were not special enough...
If they were not good looking enough...
If they were not careful enough...
If they were not clever enough....
If they were not strong enough...

Then they too could afford to rent out a crappy bungalow
Buy expensive sideboards
Read books
Have expensive prints
And too many clothes to fit inside a wardrobe???????

Living the dream eh Jack?
Aspirations eh got them? (well done you?)
Seems like if we really wanted to we could all follow you/be like you?
Yes babes you really are such an example aren't you?
You mean all this time i've been asleep and never seen the light?
Well i should wake up and make myself that coffee and quick....(don't be lazy)....cause Jack/saviour food superhero is here to save the day and all it takes...that first little baby step..one ickle little carrot at a time....
while i accumulate my savings on baked beans to buy...a sideboard.. .
Poverty is for whimps#We got it sorted mate#Buy my own cupboard# Living the dream#My best life#One step at a time#Courtesy of#Grow your own vegtables#Emily and Jack#2 peas in the same pod$ #Poverty/austerity england#We can show the way#Defeat the ignorance/ignorant chavs?$#Sorted mate!

Well here is my tip of the day jack go sit in the dunce's corner and go and read Chav's the demonization of the working class by owen jones?
Over and over again until it overrides the huge self satisfied smug look of entitlement that you have if that is at all possible for you?
If not your are beyond redemption without a clue or pot to piss in as far as being a human being is concerned?
Don't thank me no Jack its on the house (frau) cabal#Sorted mate!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I have just got in from the doctor (infection still raging and travelling to other parts of my body :(). She was a nice lady doctor but she was wearing traaaazzzers, a cable knit jumper, had a No2 buzzcut and we talked about her girlfriend. She would have been most insulted if I had said that her outfit had a masculine aesthetic (and I know her well enough to say that sort of thing). She just wears what she feels comfortable in, and quite frankly no one should care.

I'm a bit pissed off that I still didn't get a prescription for red lipstick to make me feel better.

Lady doctors often suggest female gendered cosmetics to people that have a masculine aesthetic in an attempt to improve their mood. Clearly I wasn't masculine enough to warrant red lipstick.
I'm still laughing at her masculine aesthetic a day later, because...it's a bleeping jumper. It's the most basic, least gendered item of clothing around. The only time it would be worthy of comment would be if she wore it on the beach in summer, and even then the comment wouldn't be "ooh how edgy" but "are you feeling okay?"

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I see there is no mention of long tail covid anymore. When I had it (a relatively mild dose) I was totally fucked for 6 weeks. I couldn’t think straight or do anything physical.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Major cat lover here so I have to admit I was really upset after last night's retweeted video. I hadn’t seen it the first time around - I knew the story but didn’t want to go looking for the images. Gosh, it was disturbing actually seeing it. Hit my heart with a thunk! Kinda glad I saw it though. She’s got away with things for so long that I think she believes all her lies and crap. She feels justified using her personas and adversity stories against the perceived injustices she’s suffered.

My resolve is hardened. I will never stop taking the absolute pissing piss and making a mockery of her shizzle at every given opportunity. 💪

But, of course, she’s already moved on and is faffing about with her Twitter bio and joking about double denim in her usual compassionless manner.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.