Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20210126-170652_Chrome.jpg

Seems the Guardian can't employ decent photo editors nowadays. That's a bad effort.
Who remembers the Photoshop Disasters website?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I’m wearing jeans, a jumper and trainers. bleeping hell, am I leaning towards a masculine aesthetic? Or am I woman in 2021 so i wear what the duck I want. We aren’t victorians, no one gives a tit if you are wearing a skirt or jeans ffs.
I really don't want to ever sound TERFy but 'with a masculine leaning aesthetic' is a REALLY wanky thing to say, right?! also it's simply not true?

eta this is not denying the existence of nonbinary people! the aesthetic thing just makes her sound like such a head

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Theres so much I have to and want to say about this latest outing of non binary Jack but I dont know how to without sounding like a terf or a transphobe or whatever else I could be called for questioning this gender tit.

Reactions: 39
Wonder does she keep todays items in a labelled box (as she clearly loves a label)

1611681747045.png

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Theres so much I have to and want to say about this latest outing of non binary Jack but I dont know how to without sounding like a terf or a transphobe or whatever else I could be called for questioning this gender tit.
All these people need to time travel to the 70s/80s. Their minds would be bleeping blown with what people were wearing without it being an issue.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I really don't want to ever sound TERFy but 'with a masculine leaning aesthetic' is a REALLY wanky thing to say, right?! also it's simply not true?
mate, sometimes a broken clock can be right twice a day and all that, but I know what you mean!

I find it really frustrating we can't criticise a lot of this sexist "masculine leaning aesthetic" without being called hateful because coming from r Jackie it is just non-binary bullshit.

I like trousers and shirts too hun

Reactions: 35
Excuse my ignorance but is "nonbinary with a majority masculine leaning aesthetic" modern wanky talk for a tomboy or another of her ailments?

• Haha
All these people need to time travel to the 70s/80s. Their minds would be bleeping blown with what people were wearing without it being an issue.
It's like we're gendering and forcing people to decide what they are when we used to just let people wear what they want without it being a big deal!

I was a child in the 80s and barely wore a frock, had brown chords and red jumpers, most handed down from my many boy cousins. In the 90s I wore ex army combat trousers and band t shirts some days and mini denim skirts and boob tubes (and butterfly clips in my hair) on other days.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Excuse my ignorance but is "nonbinary with a majority masculine leaning aesthetic" modern wanky talk for a tomboy or another of her ailments?
It means she wears clothes, but wants to be recognised as being special in some way. And give a talk about wearing clothes.

I’m wearing a hoody and traaaaaazers, despite being a bird. Don’t know how I manage It.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
what was she wearing in the video?!!
Sorry, I meant she looked different but was wearing the same thing, I have a couple of screen shots, can I share them? It was a closed event, but anyone could attend.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It's like we're gendering and forcing people to decide what they are when we used to just let people wear what they want without it being a big deal!

I was a child in the 80s and barely wore a frock, had brown chords and red jumpers, most handed down from my many boy cousins. In the 90s I wore ex army combat trousers and band t shirts some days and mini denim skirts and boob tubes (and butterfly clips in my hair) on other days.
Snap. Totally. I wore awesome red dungarees as a child, I rocked it.
its totally pushing the pink for girls bullshit. Totally backwards and sexist as far as I see it.

Also that looks like a ‘ladies’ jumper to me...

• Heart
And this is what angers me most about Jack. She thinks being nonbinary is all about dressing up like a boy. NO IT ISN'T. Dress like you want, but stop comparing yourself to a man just because you are wearing a shirt and jumper. Wear what you like and just be yourself.

She in no way looks like an uncle, she looks nothing like any of my uncles, only one of which is still alive, all my other uncles are DEAD. She looks like a woman with short hair. If I put on a dress, blow dried my (now quite long) locks and put on a load of makeup, I wouldn't look like an aunty. Neither would it make me nonbinary, it would make me a man in a dress with slap on.

She does the Trans and Nonbinary communities no favours by playing dress up and equating that to being trans and nonbinary herself. In fact it is insulting in the extreme.

What does she know about workplace allyship and inclusion, she has never worked in one place long enough to know anything about building workplace relationships. In fact she knows nothing about relationships full stop.

Her knowledge of large businesses is cursory at best. She has no in-depth knowledge of any subject if truth be told. How she can add anything to that conversation is beyond me.

I come back to the dressing up game, she is trivialising what it is to be gender nonconforming. People struggle for years to understand and come to terms with what is a difficult, challenging and emotional decision. It is actually incredibly offensive to even imply that it has anything to do with dressing up as the opposite gender.

• Heart
Reactions: 134

When I read the guardian article about it my heart broke a bit “Yes. I want to be treated as a person, not as a woman or a man.” Are women not people? She seems to be tacitly admitting here that women are treated differently........come on R Jackie you might be close to getting it...... but then she just goes on about clothes.

The article also hilariously mentions she bought a stab vest after alleged death threats, does she need a pair of matching stab traaaazzers?

• Haha
Sorry, I meant she looked different but was wearing the same thing, I have a couple of screen shots, can I share them? It was a closed event, but anyone could attend.
You're fine to share them, just make sure if there's anything that may identify you, you squiggle it out ☺.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.