Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Linda McCartney Foods have really effed up by asking nowhere-near-vegan Jack Monroe to work with them and ignoring customers who are passionate about Veganism is outrageous. There are a lot of very valid concerns on their Insta page and I honestly think they don't have a clue how to handle them and so are ignoring it all. Lesson learned though, do your research next time LMF! That sneaky twit now throwing in tweets about plant milks and cheeses on Twitter to try and pull the wool over people's eyes? Unbelievable, or rather, believable.

In other news, I have tried probably 6 or 7 vegan cheeses overall and dislike them all. Oat milk is the king, although I would never have it in tea so stick to Pukka teas :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Screenshot_20210125-180051.png

I saw that @ theonlygirlinthehouse (love her) is doing an ad for simple recipes using canned food, which seems right up jack's niche. I wonder if she's been approached for it or will we get another Twitter tantrum because she's been overlooked despite it being her LIFE'S WORK (hard to type that with a straight face)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Ok don’t @ me but this is actually a good idea...bear with me!
I like an oat bath but wrapping them in muslin leaves a squishy porridge in the cloth at the end. I could put the oats into a clean herb pot with muslin at the end. That would allow the oat s to infuse the water but be easy to empty after!
I like the empty herb pots, I use one for sugar. It makes it easy for putting loads of it on porridge or cereal.

I could just eat the bath oats as porridge after they’d been warmed up in the bath water.....
Screw you lot, I’m off to publish a book of wanky tips
Second hand bottom oats? You could probably sell them...and then write a book about it. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The bath salts are a preview to her homemade moisturisers - one will be lard based and the other from the oils she saves. Surely the stuffing mix will make a reappearance too in some way.
Hang on... salt and hot water, oils rubbed into their skin, filling them up with cheeses...

if she suggests sprinkling herbs on yourself next then she's actually trying to cook and serve the squiggles

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
As you know I’m a lifelong vegetarian, and I’ll just annoy the vegans with my vegan tourism, but I like different alternatives for different things.
Latte- oat milk
Tea- almond
Cereal- soya

I used to like the value cheese spread from the supermarket as it was bulked out with coconut oil, making it an ideal “cheese-reducer” product. All been withdrawn now, though.

Reactions: 17
🤢A great big handful of sage in your Thai curry
🤢A load of rosemary in your tabouleh
🤢Some tarragon in your Pimm's
🤢lots of basil to make a crust for rack of lamb
🤢Add coriander to your lasagna

FFS.
she's definitely suggested swapping parsley or basil for coriander in italian food before which is ABSOLUTELY MENTAL especially as she apparently has a genetic aversion to coriander?!

On a slightly unrelated note, i have always thought that tarragon actually tasted quite similar to thai basil and could probably be substituted in a thai curry? i'll see myself out...

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Hi gang,

I spotted a top tip recently and I've decanted 6 tubs of mixed herbs into an empty milk bottle. I now have 6 empty herb tubs, has anyone got any ideas on what to do with them?
Fill them with FREE left over oil from olives/fish/sun dried tomatoes.

Add FREE lavender, eucalyptus or rosemary from the garden/neighbours/roadside.

Result:6 FREE room diffusers

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Discovered who JM has been modelling herself on. Big facetuned eyes included - and too competitive to even credit SB with being better at can opening.

I think you've finally uncovered the inspiration for this bizarre German hausfrau cosplay moment...

Groupon_Oxfam_08_646x363.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Fill them with FREE left over oil from olives/fish/sun dried tomatoes.

Add FREE lavender, eucalyptus or rosemary from the garden/neighbours/roadside.

Result:6 FREE room diffusers
They are probably better ideas than Jack could come up with, to be fair to you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.