Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really do loathe her today. Is anyone willing to watch her MBE acceptance speech? I’d rather pull out my own toenails personally, but a recap would be a hoot!

Meanwhile, look who’s getting up in her niche:
Get up in that niche Jamie, give us some actual recipes

• Haha
Reactions: 25
You know, I think with Jack's Serious Issues (alcoholism, EDs, gender etc), we all start out feeling sympathetic. Then we start to doubt. Then we feel guilty for doubting - because who would lie about something like that?

For me, I had an eating disorder, so I don't believe her on that count. I lost a parent to alcoholism, so I don't believe her on that count. And even though I'm far from an expert on trans issues, the fact that she lies about everything else makes me seriously doubt that this is the one thing she's being honest about.

20210126_184515.jpg

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jack-monroe_uk_57c93635e4b09f5b5e35d4cc

Facial hair? Come again?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
What does she know about workplace allyship and inclusion, she has never worked in one place long enough to know anything about building workplace relationships. In fact she knows nothing about relationships full stop.

Her knowledge of large businesses is cursory at best. She has no in-depth knowledge of any subject if truth be told. How she can add anything to that conversation is beyond me.
Think you’ve hit the nail on the head, here, and it occurs to me that this is probably precisely why she gets hired for these gigs: she isn’t suggesting or proposing anything genuinely radical which would force companies to change their business practices, it’s all just soundbites and scraps of stuff she got from people off social media regurgitated out of context.

Ultimately, if workplaces want to display allyship to gender-nonconforming members of staff, they first need to admit that they have an entrenched problem with the treatment of women in the workplace. This means making maternity pay better and enforcing better parental leave for fathers, it means addressing the dearth of women in the boardroom and it means questioning why it’s always women in the office doing menial tit like taking minutes and organising admin stuff when there are men on the same paygrade who never do. Only when gender parity issues are resolved can you go about sorting anything to do with treatment of those sitting outside the ostensible binary, IMO.

It’s really convenient for big corporates to have someone like Jack - who, for about 3 years in her early twenties, worked in a unionised, well-paid public sector job that her dad got her, with no experience of how cut-throat the private sector is - talking to their staff, because it won’t rile them up too much and it ticks a box for HR.

Still, none of it matters to her as long as she gets her Nike Vapormax butter money.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
From thread 47, the bra flash (weeks later mentioning she hasn't worn bra for ages and not had enough sleep)
Wonder how she would label herself in this picture, so many versions of herself and short memory PR people - gotta be the only way she keeps getting jobs

1611683459907.png

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I - I - I think she looks jolly nice. Jolly nice indeed. Christ. She’s just a Jack. Standing in front of Twitter. Asking it to love her.
8E9CCB7B-4135-400E-B71F-E77C4B94F4AB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Maybe I am just out of touch.

A woman I've worked with for 12 years, has recently added her preferred pronouns to her email signature. (She/her surprisingly enough) She's in her 40's, dresses quite old fashioned (skirts and cardies and sensible shoes from M&S) and is married to a bloke from IT.

I dont get it.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Where did the rest of her (Mediterranean) arse disappear to?

View attachment 403955

Apart from the obvious Facetune/chin altering yet again, she missed out using Brylcreem to get a superman quiff going on.

And that's another new pair of glasses.
Ah but who needs Brylcreem to get a superman quiff when your already a superhero (poverty saviour/low cost food ambassordor/next mrs beeton?)
Who i'm sure would agree with the sentiments...eat them to defeat them... ❓

Well its either that or incur the wrath of Jack's rolling pin/truncheon?
Screenshot_20210126-171703.jpg
Screenshot_20210126-171434.jpg
Screenshot_20210126-171928.jpg
Screenshot_20210125-175517.jpg
Screenshot_20210125-180429.jpg
Screenshot_20210126-171903.jpg
Screenshot_20210126-173749.jpg

I fixed it#Winning at life##Superhero#$$$
The art of the steal#Defeat against good food/taste?🍾🏆🥇We can do this mate#

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What the duck is a 'granular scale'? Bisto is granular, garlic can be granular, tea can be granular. A scale is not granular. She is ridiculous. Those trainers are undeniably hideous, they look like the layers of an archeological dig. As a connoisseur of hench women, the 'strong thigh' comment is also stupid - it's just a normal, perfectly fine leg. Her hair does look nice though, I'll let her have that one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
My considered opinion on the gender debate is that it is making gender a case of glitter and long hair equals girl, trucks and flat shoes makes a boy without all of the range of how a person can be. It is regressive. I worry about young people who feel they have to change their bodies because it doesn’t fit a very narrow idea of how they think they should feel. I don’t want to be an exclusionary feminist but i do want to be a scientifically based one.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
And this is what angers me most about Jack. She thinks being nonbinary is all about dressing up like a boy. NO IT ISN'T. Dress like you want, but stop comparing yourself to a man just because you are wearing a shirt and jumper. Wear what you like and just be yourself.

She in no way looks like an uncle, she looks nothing like any of my uncles, only one of which is still alive, all my other uncles are DEAD. She looks like a woman with short hair. If I put on a dress, blow dried my (now quite long) locks and put on a load of makeup, I wouldn't look like an aunty. Neither would it make me nonbinary, it would make me a man in a dress with slap on.

She does the Trans and Nonbinary communities no favours by playing dress up and equating that to being trans and nonbinary herself. In fact it is insulting in the extreme.

What does she know about workplace allyship and inclusion, she has never worked in one place long enough to know anything about building workplace relationships. In fact she knows nothing about relationships full stop.

Her knowledge of large businesses is cursory at best. She has no in-depth knowledge of any subject if truth be told. How she can add anything to that conversation is beyond me.

I come back to the dressing up game, she is trivialising what it is to be gender nonconforming. People struggle for years to understand and come to terms with what is a difficult, challenging and emotional decision. It is actually incredibly offensive to even imply that it has anything to do with dressing up as the opposite gender.
I love you for this. Can’t like it enough. I’m non -binary, which I learned when I was diagnosed with autism 6 years ago and was the reason I had gender confusion as a teenager and young adult. I didn’t know whether I was gay, straight, or ‘just’ the wrong gender. Twenty five years ago there was literally next to nothing known about this kind of thing. I cut my hair short, wore boys clothes and got the tit kicked out of me for doing it. Her attitude towards it makes me so cross. It’s not fun, or something to cosplay for likes. This tit hurts people.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
You know, I think with Jack's Serious Issues (alcoholism, EDs, gender etc), we all start out feeling sympathetic. Then we start to doubt. Then we feel guilty for doubting - because who would lie about something like that?

For me, I had an eating disorder, so I don't believe her on that count. I lost a parent to alcoholism, so I don't believe her on that count. And even though I'm far from an expert on trans issues, the fact that she lies about everything else makes me seriously doubt that this is the one thing she's being honest about.

View attachment 404069

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jack-monroe_uk_57c93635e4b09f5b5e35d4cc

Facial hair? Come again?
She took testosterone for a while

Reactions: 8
Dunno but why does she always wear her Rose West glasses for “giving a talk”? It’s that persona thing she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻 Here you go.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
"It's got the floofy lining through the whole inside, it's like wearing an actual sheep"

HANDS OFF, MONROE!! Very glad I tracked down my missing ones or I'd be mildly worried.

That said, that jacket is nothing like wearing an actual sheep, speaking as someone who once ended up flat on her back with 60kg of wriggling one-year-old ewe clutched to her chest in triumph after we did several comedy circuits of the pen I had them in. The jacket has no mud on it, doesn't smell of wet wool and isn't trying to kick seven bells out of you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
All these people need to time travel to the 70s/80s. Their minds would be bleeping blown with what people were wearing without it being an issue.
Abso-bloody-lutely

I have said on here about friend of mine that was a farmer's son and was often seen driving the tractor in a dress. (RIP Kenny). Or the lad I went on the bus to town with who had hair like Farrah Fawcett. I used to take his rollers out on the top deck and brushing it out, spraying with a full can of Elnett hairspray. Or the girls that used to come into the bar I worked in, head to toe in bikers leathers.

I wont tell you what I was dressed like, just to say in one of my lectures at Uni someone at the back shouted at me to "turn the colour down on your blouse, it's distracting" 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Absolutely hate it when people who clearly don't respect whatever sexuality or gender identity they claim to be
soo.. she is basically saying she is (for her) overweight there? in a photo in which she looks as tiny as always? As someone who has suffered for so long from EDs this really angers me. It screams "tell me how good I look/thin I am"
It's not something a past-ED sufferer would post, unless they were having some sort of relapse. Hearing skinny people talk about how 'big' they are (or anything relating to dieting etc) gives me serious red flags. :confused:

Her ED baiting is as gross as ever. The whole Regina George “sweatpants are all that fit me right now” while evidently a size 10-12, well, way to make any follower of yours larger than that feel like shite about themselves, Jack, and trigger anyone a similar size and in recovery. Cock.

I also think that, if she’s honest with herself, her preference for men’s clothes and chunky trainers is a ploy to make her look smaller. The whole obsession with this pouty little pre-pubescent face popping out of an unironed denim collar just screams pro-ana forum wet dream to me.
For me it just seems like a classic 'soft left butch girl' vibe lol, pro-ana forums are all about cutesy asian clothing (small sizing, naturally), skirts and whatever teenagers on Tumblr are into. It's a strange comment to make, though, and doesn't seem necessary at all?

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.