Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she bothering with this facade when her love of fish/eggs/fishy devilled eggs šŸ¤¢ is widely known?!
She can't love fish that much, she's got an entire freezer full of them that seem destined to never get defrosted.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
excuse me, Jack finally found an answer to the existential question that's been confounding scientists and philosophers for eons. Why does mincemeat have different fat percentages? 'they just do innit'
Goes well with salt is salt and potatoes are standard, any old potato is the same as any other (see also herbs) unless of course it's an Essay.

I was pretty determined not to comment on her any more, but calling herself a food expert and offering all these opinions has wound me up. I've forgotten more about food than she'll ever learn and I don't think I'm anywhere near 'expert' enough to write books or appear on TV talking about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Guys did you know that mixed herbs contain a mixture of herbs? šŸ˜±

Buy a jar of mixed herbs instead of the six individual herbs to save money! Then decant into a milk bottle stolen from your local milkman, invest in a plastic label maker and label. #ThriftyShadesOfShite
Surely the manky milk bottle herb receptacle is pointless as I thought she displayed her expansive herb and spice collection in (fancy) magnetic pots stuck to the side of her fridge??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Oh...Rufus Hound has been in the news quite a bit over the past few days, so she obviously thinks he's worth latching on to.

Not sure all of it was positive tho....

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
She can't love fish that much, she's got an entire freezer full of them that seem destined to never get defrosted.
She loves fish if it comes in a tin or a jar, she wouldn't have a clue what to do with the fresh stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Well Iā€™m still absolutely cringing at Jack asking Nigella if she can draw her garden, what an embarrassment. So to distract myself Iā€™m thinking about all the things in Jack world that are interchangeable. So far Iā€™ve got:

rice is rice
Any herb will do (also, kale)
Pasta is all the same (I think?) fact check needed on this one
Salt is salt is salt
Possibly the worst one - carrots will do instead of sweet potato. bleeping hell.

Any others Iā€™ve missed?
Twitter is work

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I suspect someone from Linda McCartney has pleaded with her to at least look she's reducing her meat intake.
I wondered if some poor sod from Linda M had to have a word in her shell like - 'Could you at least look like you pretend to give a tit'. That is yet another collab she has burned her bridges with due to laziness and lack of any thought whatsoever. And a massive sense of entitlement.

Reactions: 51
Although I must say that I am loving her Veganuary retcon (ā€œWhat do you mean, kippers and eggs?! Iā€™ve been tweeting about rice milk and vegan cheese from Waitrose for weeeeeeeks!ā€) and finding her desperation amusing, sheā€™s also a gaslighter on an industrial corporate partnership scale. Imagine being in a relationship with her, you wouldnā€™t know your arse from your elbow for every time she completely re-wrote events. No wonder SHE LEFT. (Do we think Louisa Compton, Brexit Tin Thief, is still bubbling in the hellmouth bungalow? I reckon yes, on the downlow).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Why is she bothering with this facade when her love of fish/eggs/fishy devilled eggs šŸ¤¢ is widely known?!
Donā€™t forget the cream on the hot choc, plus the marshmallows (sugar free of course, she doesnā€™t eat sugar ) šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Go one better and gently poach the fish for the bouillabaisse in the bath water too. šŸ› šŸŸ šŸ„˜
No. Too fancy! Jack poaches fish in its own ā€œfreezer juicesā€ šŸ¤® I wish I had the receipt for that one, she definitely had it down on Twitter as a recipe.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.