Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting. Roadside Mum is throwing a word salad of shade at Jack Monroe's life's work. Also. she is choosing to see it as an attack against mothers.

And re the coconut milk comments from the squiggle, Simon Ward said 'Ingredients you may have in'. As regulars to DKL know, Jack is a big fan of watered down coconut milk. So double diss.
Just catching up. It’s turned into a bit of a nasty thread. I might add some Coconut milk to my next shop to put in food bank basket. People trying to do decent things but being ‘chastised’ because the are not Jack Monroe. Un-bleeping-believable.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I once considered doing a blog back in the day, but I think you had to pay for the page hosting?
You are right. I had a blog once in the olden days and I had to pay for the domain name, and also to host it. I used to write about Big Brother and I think about 4 people used to read it, but I was learning Adobe and Dreamweaver and stuff because I used to teach media studies for a while, before it was decided that critical analysis of media is not a good thing. The kids I taught then are in their early 30s now and have the most interesting jobs considering they came from a really hard school. It’s almost like it was worth them getting more than 4.5 GCSEs.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Come on, Jack! I'm hanging on here for the cute "I just got caught napping balanced between two broom handles with cute bunnykins snuffling in my hair" photo selfie. 😀

Will have to go and make some slop soon. 😠

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Every time I see JM and her squiggles popping up to defend her against ‘new poverty chefs’ I just think of Sparks’ ‘this town ain’t big enough for the both of us’. And JM with a toothbrush moustache and a pan of slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Did Jack ever do a article that she said she can knock out in a half hour for that depression website ? Was it ever mentioned again ? Can't remember the name so can't check

Reactions: 34
Thank you @SoulRebel ❤

Sorry I went all terminator mad Cabal. Jack has struck a nerve today and I think I dislike her. Rabbits literally are my niche professionally and personally and I'd like to think that I elevenerife everyone on Tattle (I promise I'm not boasting) when it comes to my knowledge and experience (happy to be elevenerifed though). We have come a long way from the child's pet, hutch dwelling, lettuce eating trope. But there is still a great deal of ignorance and misconception around the species. They are poorly studied too. Most veterinary degrees offer around one month's study of exotics out of a five year course unless you specialize 🔺️ Rabbits require a lot of dedication, knowledge and understanding. With the right care and good genes they can live 12+ years but they are wholly reliant on humans providing the right conditions. A bad diet can be fatal, missing the signs of gut stasis which are subtle is also fatal. You have to know what you are doing or God help the poor animal. Too many rabbits die lonely painful deaths and should not be trusted to people like Jack who buy 'cheap' pets on a whim.
Rabbits are beautiful, agile creatures with a huge capacity for roaming, jumping, zooming, digging, playing and more. They love light, plants, toys, space, good company, physical affection and good food. They are intelligent, playful, mischievous, some are aloof, some take time to trust you, some are like soppy labradors and all are deserving of good ownership.

I've spent a long time mopping up other people's mistakes in relation to animals and it wearies you eventually. There is still so much cruelty and neglect among all species 😭 and I hate it.

I need to take a wee break and do something different but I'd like you meet Poppy and Willow my little couple who love their life in a big shed with windows, tons of hay (we buy bales), appropriate types and quantities of veg and lots of love from us. Willow is going on 9 and Poppy is his third partner because when one passes away the other pines so you have to rebond to a new partner. Poppy is 3 and they adore each other. Their door is open all day well into midnight. They have direct access to their own garden which is really my side garden (complete with anti predator netting and fencing) which I adapted and built for them. They play in all weathers, love snow and enjoy the big garden too especially when it comes to nibbling my raspberry leaves. They are an absolute joy and deserve the very best in life. Both are genuine rescues too. Never ever buy animals, always go to a registered and certified rescue.

FB_IMG_1611514660103.jpg

FB_IMG_1611514666830.jpg

FB_IMG_1611514686268.jpg

Sorry to go OT there, Jack is a bleep, a prick and hole etc etc. Not being a troll Jack btw, just stating the facts which I have forensically studied since last March 😉

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 200
Did Jack ever do a article that she said she can knock out in a half hour for that depression website ? Was it ever mentioned again ? Can't remember the name so can't check
The brilliantly titled, "The Breakdown." :rolleyes:

No articles from Jack Monroe at the time of writing this post 🥴

Oh those bunnies 😭🐰💕

Reactions: 31
Here’s the thing that grates my carrot a bit about food donation, food banks, food parcels, hampers, meals for the NHS.
I find it a bit paternalistic and maybe Victorian?
Of course there has to be some nutrition provided and nutritional standards, but overall I feel there is an attitude of “I know best what you need/should have” and it is quite “othering“.
The nice side of this is when people think they will contribute something they might like themselves but the bad side is the idea that you should get what you need and is best for you according to someone you have never met and who has no idea about your circumstances. And the coconut milk comment underlines this. It goes right through to “well they can’t cook, give them pot noodles” or “what if they don’t have a tin opener” like, the food bank will tell you what they need just see what they would want? They know their communities and as someone said there is a basic standard parcel with “extras” added so you can ask for bastard coconut milk on top of the tinned tomatoes.
I just get really fed up of “what if they’re just having hard times so can cook (middle class obvs) vs what if they can’t really cook (working class, spend it all on fags and frozen pizza obvs)
This is sort of what I was thinking with the whole coconut milk thing. Took a look on Twitter and people saying that it's a 'nice extra' and not to bother donating it at the moment yet in many cultures it's a staple.
How about asking the community that the specific foodbank serves what they need? And maybe that will vary place to place, and a one size fits all approach won't work.
I'm sure many who aren't pontificating on Twitter already know this!

Reactions: 43
You are right. I had a blog once in the olden days and I had to pay for the domain name, and also to host it. I used to write about Big Brother and I think about 4 people used to read it, but I was learning Adobe and Dreamweaver and stuff because I used to teach media studies for a while, before it was decided that critical analysis of media is not a good thing. The kids I taught then are in their early 30s now and have the most interesting jobs considering they came from a really hard school. It’s almost like it was worth them getting more than 4.5 GCSEs.
Her initial blog was a free one hosted by Wordpress. I don't think she set up a domain name until after the Poverty (if it ever really ended...).

Reactions: 21
Just catching up. It’s turned into a bit of a nasty thread. I might add some Coconut milk to my next shop to put in food bank basket. People trying to do decent things but being ‘chastised’ because the are not Jack Monroe. Un-bleeping-believable.
It's almost as if the only people who need to use food banks look like extras from Angela's ashes. Round here some of the people worst affected by the economic impact of covid are taxi drivers, most of whom are Asian. Not everyone's default cuisine is rinsed beans

• Heart
Reactions: 57
And if she was alone in that choice, it wouldn't matter. But what she did was subject her child to hunger and cold (if you believe her story) and that is not OK. In fact it is despicable.
This - even if you can't accept help for yourself, send you kid to stay with his grandparents whilst you get your life sorted you selfish arse.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I'm dying to know if Roadside Mum has seen the Vogue article.

Jack being unusually coy about this and the Zoe whatshername interview in G2 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Mommy, look at the drawing I did for you. Mom? Mommy? LOOK AT MEEEeEE momView attachment 400738
Thank you @SoulRebel ❤

Sorry I went all terminator mad Cabal. Jack has struck a nerve today and I think I dislike her. Rabbits literally are my niche professionally and personally and I'd like to think that I elevenerife everyone on Tattle (I promise I'm not boasting) when it comes to my knowledge and experience (happy to be elevenerifed though). We have come a long way from the child's pet, hutch dwelling, lettuce eating trope. But there is still a great deal of ignorance and misconception around the species. They are poorly studied too. Most veterinary degrees offer around one month's study of exotics out of a five year course unless you specialize 🔺️ Rabbits require a lot of dedication, knowledge and understanding. With the right care and good genes they can live 12+ years but they are wholly reliant on humans providing the right conditions. A bad diet can be fatal, missing the signs of gut stasis which are subtle is also fatal. You have to know what you are doing or God help the poor animal. Too many rabbits die lonely painful deaths and should not be trusted to people like Jack who buy 'cheap' pets on a whim.
Rabbits are beautiful, agile creatures with a huge capacity for roaming, jumping, zooming, digging, playing and more. They love light, plants, toys, space, good company, physical affection and good food. They are intelligent, playful, mischievous, some are aloof, some take time to trust you, some are like soppy labradors and all are deserving of good ownership.

I've spent a long time mopping up other people's mistakes in relation to animals and it wearies you eventually. There is still so much cruelty and neglect among all species 😭 and I hate it.

I need to take a wee break and do something different but I'd like you meet Poppy and Willow my little couple who love their life in a big shed with windows, tons of hay (we buy bales), appropriate types and quantities of veg and lots of love from us. Willow is going on 9 and Poppy is his third partner because when one passes away the other pines so you have to rebond to a new partner. Poppy is 3 and they adore each other. Their door is open all day well into midnight. They have direct access to their own garden which is really my side garden (complete with anti predator netting and fencing) which I adapted and built for them. They play in all weathers, love snow and enjoy the big garden too especially when it comes to nibbling my raspberry leaves. They are an absolute joy and deserve the very best in life. Both are genuine rescues too. Never ever buy animals, always go to a registered and certified rescue.

View attachment 400744
View attachment 400745
View attachment 400748

Sorry to go OT there, Jack is a bleep, a prick and hole etc etc. Not being a troll Jack btw, just stating the facts which I have forensically studied since last March 😉
It's so lovely seeing such happy, looked after bunnies. Poppy and Willow are beautiful and lucky to have you as their owner. Jack seems to treat her pets and son as social media opportunities to enrich her bank balance 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.