Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've spent all morning trying to think of a genuine use for tumble dryer fluff and the only thing I came up with was to put outside for birds to use for nests. What the hell else would you use it for???

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I've spent all morning trying to think of a genuine use for tumble dryer fluff and the only thing I came up with was to put outside for birds to use for nests. What the hell else would you use it for???
Lighting a camp fire , very good in the damp. <taps nose>

• Haha
Reactions: 33
SB: "It says here I have to do a family tree, could you help me?"

Jack: "MY GRANDDAD'S DEAD!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 89
I can not get over her inability to understand why she doesn't qualify for SEISS. It is to assist those that are unable to work due to the pandemic. It is not to compensate for lost work, if that work has been replaced with other work.

She says she has lost work at festivals, etc, so thinks she should be compensated for this loss. What she doesn't then factor in, is how much work she has gained that would never have come about if the pandemic never happened.

It boils down to one small fact, Jack is jealous. She is consumed by it. The way she talks about people on £80k salaries, the way she envies others that get government money, the way she thinks she is more in need than others, the way she talks about anyone with money, the way she speaks about people in positions of power. She sees herself as deserving of the same income and place in society. She had that lifestyle once, mixing with the rich and famous, eating at fancy restaurants (The Groucho, The Ivy, Harvester) and is now a nobody. She was lucky to find one well off girlfriend, never mind two, I doubt there will be a third. She spends her days tweeting away in her Southend rented crappy bungalow, alone and friendless.

I had to catch myself there, I almost, almost, felt sorry for her.
So in essence -

Jack - "I'm so busy, I have do much work to dooooo!"

Also Jack - "The government won't give me money for having no work to dooooo!"

Right-o... 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 71
She's only mentioning the Home Schooling now because it is the first time she's had to do it. He's been with the Dad most of the time and now he's back with her. Her nasty pass ag tweet about 'it has been decided he spends weekends at his father's' made it clear this was not her decision.
She's furious fewmin that he's with her and, shock horror, she has to spend time with the poor kid.
This is maybe too conspiracy but I actually wonder if SB is even homeschooling. If his dad is a keyworker and one of SBs siblings spends a lot of time in hospital as she’s said on Twitter, I’d imagine he’d be offered a school place and I can’t see Jack turning it down. It would almost certainly be for the best for SB too.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
It’s taking every ounce of my restraint not to reply to her tweet asking for tips with some of my own thrifty ideas.
“Instead of bath salts, I like to drop some Bisto granules and a few chopped carrots in to the water so I can have a wash and cook a nice roast at the same time. You’re welcome, Jack :) x”
I read Bisto and immediately thought you had a top tip for an instant tan. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
My customers would be pretty pissed off if they thought that I dashed off their order (in my creative business) the night before, when they believed they were paying a lot of money for something made with thought and care.

I just don't understand how she can tell her potential customers that a book has taken so little time, and has been shoddily rushed at the last minute, cobbled together from scraps of paper and tweets.

Just another example of her arrogance...she got lucky once, and thinks she's a maverick genius who doesn't need to try.

Gawd, can you tell she's struck a particular nerve with me today?😳

• Heart
Reactions: 54
My customers would be pretty pissed off if they thought that I dashed off their order (in my creative business) the night before, when they believed they were paying a lot of money for something made with thought and care.

I just don't understand how she can tell her potential customers that a book has taken so little time, and has been shoddily rushed at the last minute, cobbled together from scraps of paper and tweets.

Just another example of her arrogance...she got lucky once, and thinks she's a maverick genius who doesn't need to try.

Gawd, can you tell she's struck a particular nerve with me today?😳
She doesn't deserve any of it yet she is still so ungrateful, it really is infuriating! If I had the opportunity to be paid to write a cookbook it would be the realisation of my life's dream and I would put absolutely everything into it. She's just a lazy, incompetent spoilt brat who has been incredibly lucky in life thus far, despite all her claims otherwise.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
She doesn't deserve any of it yet she is still so ungrateful, it really is infuriating! If I had the opportunity to be paid to write a cookbook it would be the realisation of my life's dream and I would put absolutely everything into it. She's just a lazy, incompetent spoilt brat who has been incredibly lucky in life thus far, despite all her claims otherwise.
Do a kickstarter babe.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
The performative home schooling tweets really really piss me off. I’ve got 3 primary aged kids and I work during school hours (from home at the moment!) 📐
One child in mainstream with an EHCP, year below her son: learning from home but managing really well with additional online support from 1:1 when needed. I don’t have to help her at all!
Another child in mainstream with no SEN - doesn’t need any input from her
Third child in special school - press says they’re open, reality is he is only allowed to attend a couple of days a week. He is non verbal, severely disabled and unable to access remote learning so requires a huge amount of attention from me (while I am working)

Yes although I’m not doing this alone, my husband is NHS and works long hours in a hospital 📐 It’s bleeping chaotic and nightmarish trying to work with all my kids here with no support. BUT I am mindful that this situation is tit for everyone! I know of people that have it much harder than me - why can’t Mack recognise that actually in some respects she has it easier? She’s said she has her weekends free for example, perhaps she could work then instead?!

sorry to rant. I’m just so sick of her poor me schtick. She really doesn’t have it that hard!!

• Heart
Reactions: 98
This is maybe too conspiracy but I actually wonder if SB is even homeschooling. If his dad is a keyworker and one of SBs siblings spends a lot of time in hospital as she’s said on Twitter, I’d imagine he’d be offered a school place and I can’t see Jack turning it down. It would almost certainly be for the best for SB too.
I was wondering how the key worker situation worked with those who co parent? She's such a blaggy little scammer, I'm sure she could get SB a school place on the basis of his dad being a key worker if she tried.

Reactions: 20
She is only mentioning the frontal adverbial thing as there was an article about it and a lot of social media discussion from parents over the weekend.. as usual she us several days late in recognising a social media trend.. weird for someone who spends 95% of her life on Twitter!

I didn't know what a fronted adverbial was either, but a quick Google and it was explained in terms that even a 32 year old single mother with 4.5 GCSE's could understand.

I know that I have a degree, but never got further than O level in English, and found the explanation easy enough to understand in under 5 minutes. We all use them in everyday language, but don't know the correct term to describe them.

Why do these parents see a word or phrase that they are not familiar with and then panic? All that does is create a fear of language in the child your meant to be assisting to educate. Just look it up, if a 10 year old is meant to understand it, I am sure an adult can.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
It is the same as if say, for instance, I was paid to make a wedding cake for someone months in advance. I faff about and can't be arsed.
A couple of nights before the wedding I open my front door and shout into the street 'anyone want to come and make a cake? Anyone? You won't get paid but my thanks will be enough'.
And still I moan and huff and feel hard done by for being expected to fulfil a pesky obligation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.