Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t begin to imagine how things are for you but would always be there for a chat if you need ❤❤[
QUOTE="Scotty1976, post: 3688151, member: 108745"]
hope I've put spoiler in okay . I'm really struggling with my ed and anxiety and depression just now ,I just feel everything closing in on me .The covid situation just feels like it will never end . I'm not sure if being on here helps at the moment even though so many of you are lovely and supportive 💕 but at same time it's about the only connection with the outside world apart from walking dog and getting food shopping when I have to. I've never private messaged anyone here and I wish I could but don't think I can at the moment . I'm just so tired of putting on a things are fine face when I feel this low ☹
[/QUOTE]

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The thing i don't get about the LM thing is that there are SO many vegan food influencers these days! Why would they have to resort to using Jack who is incredibly irrelevant at this point? Is she just way cheaper to hire?

If by 'family' she meant 'non bruised eye' then I believe her
I’ve missed 30 pages so sorry on where this lands but I honestly suspect it’s this - she’s used to print media rates not influencer cash money so will be asking for far less. I doubt she gets paid a fee to plug those freebies, just gets them #gifted. And then probably subscribes or buys for herself anyway so it’s win/win for them.

Reactions: 26
There were a lot of comments asking about booking her to speak yesterday. I fear that Non-Binary Spokesperson Jack may be sticking around for a while until she has squeezed every last drop of rice milk from this particular cash cow...

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I’ve missed 30 pages so sorry on where this lands but I honestly suspect it’s this - she’s used to print media rates not influencer cash money so will be asking for far less. I doubt she gets paid a fee to plug those freebies, just gets them #gifted. And then probably subscribes or buys for herself anyway so it’s win/win for them.
All you need to know is that she again made reference to the fact that buying non branded baked beans helped her move to Sideboard City in the Cotswolds.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
There were a lot of comments asking about booking her to speak yesterday. I fear that Non-Binary Spokesperson Jack may be sticking around for a while until she has squeezed every last drop of rice milk from this particular cash cow...
I don't get what people think qualifies her to do these talks? I mean other than the fact that she say she identifies as non binary she has no other credentials to speak on the subject does she? I mean she's not even worked within a workplace for what 10 years? A lot has moved on since then, she's no qualifications, no experiences other than anecdotal.... How does she have the arrogance to do these and charge for them? And literally how dumb are people to pay her to do them?! She wouldn't last 5 minutes where I work 😂 People would sniff out her bullshit a mile off.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I don't get what people think qualifies her to do these talks? I mean other than the fact that she say she identifies as non binary she has no other credentials to speak on the subject does she? I mean she's not even worked within a workplace for what 10 years? A lot has moved on since then, she's no qualifications, no experiences other than anecdotal.... How does she have the arrogance to do these and charge for them? And literally how dumb are people to pay her to do them?! She wouldn't last 5 minutes where I work 😂 People would sniff out her bullshit a mile off.
Wasn't there a British politician who said that people are tired of experts? Jack seems to have based her entire career on that principle...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Frustrating isn't it? Only reason she's put her pronouns back into her bio again today, because she can see the opportunity for 💰. She really does just shapeshift into whatever image she thinks will appeal to the group she's currently targeting. Unfortunately most people won't recognise that's what she's doing. I don't think there's anything about her that is genuine and sincere, her whole persona is an absolute fraud.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
All you need to know is that she again made reference to the fact that buying non branded baked beans helped her move to Sideboard City in the Cotswolds.
Making it ever more nonsensical for her to promote Del Monte.

Frustrating isn't it? Only reason she's put her pronouns back into her bio again today, because she can see the opportunity for 💰. She really does just shapeshift into whatever image she thinks will appeal to the group she's currently targeting. Unfortunately most people won't recognise that's what she's doing. I don't think there's anything about her that is genuine and sincere, her whole persona is an absolute fraud.
I did like the brief appearance of american mom Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Thank you dear heart, Jack the FCA regulated financial advisor is a beautiful era I’m glad to be here for.

She’s becoming very boomer punching down about avocado toast with all of this isn’t she? :/ pennies saved on food can’t turn around your financial situation. The express must love her

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I am actually fine if she pisses off and does lunchtime talks forever as long as she cancels her Patreon and tip jar (she won't as it's free money) and stops hogging the limelight on poverty.

She obviously enjoys it and seems to get good feedback. It's win win as she has just has to turn up - no prep required, and ramble on about herself and her "story" for an hour, and the organisation who book her get to tick a box.

It's all so Alan Partridge corporate videos except this time it's instagram vegans she has pissed off rather than farmers.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I knew I could count on at least one idea from you bullying ninnies. I'm allergic to chillies though, can you suggest an alternative?

ETA I see the ideas are pouring in.😂
Dear Mancbee, thanks for writing,

you could try the alternative and bung everything into a porridge and use any spice and herb you like. Cinnamon and lavender I used last time, since they both fell off a van when I walked to the chippie.
You might be allergic to chillies but that does not mean you can't slow cook them for 120 hours and then put them into a milk bottle with some milk left and plenty of salt and have a lovely relaxing bath.

Hope this helps x

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I’ve only skimmed the last few pages, can’t deal with the kitten parts again. I notice some people weren’t feeling good though so wanted to add me love to anyone who needs it ❤

I've met him through work a couple of times and he was lovely. Mind you they were public speaking events so probably on his best behaviour. Much shorter than he appears on telly.
My friend worked with him for a few months around 2 years ago, he was really rude to everyone except for those higher up that he needed to be nice too. Some of the work was for charity and he was complaining about his fee being low, even though everyone else involved did it for free 🙁

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I cannot believe Jack gets away with so much. Her constant quests into victimdom still haven’t decreased. She clearly has a supportive ex partner (SB’s father) but feels the need to whinge all the time. And asking Nigella if she can draw her garden (sorry I know it was a while ago!) Just do it quietly. Also, it is infuriating the way she tries to imitate Nigella’s writing style. There is only one Nigella. I do hope in 2021 we see the downfall of Jack - she’s insufferable.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.