Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Greetings all.
I am new to Hustle but am a longtime Mumsnet user; I have been following these threads with interest as I was one of the earlier joiners to the splinter FB group and became one of the admins.
Normally I don't comment on here but today we had the Hustle woman try to join the group - as she won't get the opportunity to recruit more stylists from this group we graciously declined (actually we blocked her) and then we got a message telling us that she has numerous screenshots of defamation and that she plans to sue... who or what, I don't know. So far only one screenshot has been produced where a member said her marketing strategy is crap. I agree.
So we shall see. I am putting this out there as I think her strategy of trying to silence members for speaking their mind is beyond the pale and it won't happen on my watch.
I'll update you if she actually produces any evidence 🙂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Did SBS identified her after she provided information to Trustpilot to verify her review? Did she ask Trustpilot to withhold identifying information (Not share with SBS)?

If this is what happened, I would contact TrustPilot ( [email protected] ) stating that by sharing her details (breaching GDPR), your friend is now being threatened for providing an honest and fair review. I would also contact the Danish Data Protection Agency (where EU Trustpilot is based) [email protected]. When contacting Datatilsynet you need to mention both Trustpilot and SBS
She had nothing to hide as her review was truthful and based on the facts of what happened so she shared her email and full name with trust pilot and didn't say not to share it with SBS because she said why should it potentially be removed because she didn't provide the details. She has received some solicitor advice and will be seeing them in court it looks like!
I will also get her to contact trust pilot to see if this is a breach of anything. Its not fair that an honest review has gone down this route. I am terrible sad for her but she has a fantastic support network of friends and family and also clearly the full support of most the ladies on here and Mumnet apart from whoever called her a troll.

She was scammed out of 5k by an online travel agent not long ago so she is feeling very raw but by going online positng and being vocal about that she found over 600 people who had also been scammed so she has been helping the police build their case against that company, her mum died in march and then her husband lost his job and then this comes along, all whilst she works sometimes 24 hour's a day supporting women fleeing domestic violence.

She is the last person who deserves all this right now and would give you her last penny if you needed it. She is the kindest person I have ever met and I'm genuinely sickened by people's treatment of her. Just know that she has seen peoples supportive comments and is incredibly touched. This is true female empowerment.

Thank you all for being in her corner, you have no idea how that's helped her

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
It is true. I have seen a copy of the letter being sent and the reply that needs to be returned to avoid legal action. It requires the individual to delete all reference to SBS on all forms of social media and websites.
There's a few genuinely terrified people out there today. Susie you should be heartily ashamed of yourself, you utter shithouse. You're a cyber bully of epic proportions and I am sorry I ever bought anything from you.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

Curlygirl28

So just thought I'd reply as I am Kerry from Trend Tonic and don't like seeing my business slated. I hand make everything, Ali express is known for ripping off others brands but what your screenshot from my website is a lightning bolt which many brands do and I haven't claimed as unique. All my items are made from cork leather which is sustainable and I have a tree planted for every pair bought. I did the seasons edit with Emily as a Collaboration which is why she's 'plastered' all over the website and this has never been hidden. I was colour trained by colour me beautiful a completely seperate business to Susie and I offered her the patreon discount as a business move because it's where my customers are based. Just like I have discounts on other style pages and stylists newsletters etc. A lot of the ladies on the new group wear my earrings which I'm extremely proud and has nothing to do with being affiliated with anyone and more to do with the fact I've spent ages learning how to make bloody good earrings 😂 I think I've covered everything but I'm open and happy to answer any other questions
can I just say, well done on a great response to this kind of issue. Reasoned reply defending your business, and you have taken on the chin any comments about indicating if someone had purchased or gifted items. Hats off to you 👏👏👏. No threatening, or calling anyone a bully. I for one, have gone onto your site following your comments and will definitely be purchasing some of your lovely jewellery ❤

Reactions: 32

50sGirl

VIP Member
Not attempting to moderate, but can we not go down the criticisms of her appearance route please? There’s enough to criticise about the handling of the whole saga without making it personal. We are better than that.
I know, as she is a stylist, some may say she is fair game but we all have our own style which won’t be to everyone’s taste.
Just my humble opinion obviously, but it makes me feel uncomfortable.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

Mmoon

Be careful anyone that replies to the trust pilot request for more information Susie will use that information to then track you and send you a letter from a law firm with legal threat to demand you delete the review or she will take legal action. She is still doing it this week.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
So just thought I'd reply as I am Kerry from Trend Tonic and don't like seeing my business slated. I hand make everything, Ali express is known for ripping off others brands but what your screenshot from my website is a lightning bolt which many brands do and I haven't claimed as unique. All my items are made from cork leather which is sustainable and I have a tree planted for every pair bought. I did the seasons edit with Emily as a Collaboration which is why she's 'plastered' all over the website and this has never been hidden. I was colour trained by colour me beautiful a completely seperate business to Susie and I offered her the patreon discount as a business move because it's where my customers are based. Just like I have discounts on other style pages and stylists newsletters etc. A lot of the ladies on the new group wear my earrings which I'm extremely proud and has nothing to do with being affiliated with anyone and more to do with the fact I've spent ages learning how to make bloody good earrings 😂 I think I've covered everything but I'm open and happy to answer any other questions

Reactions: 24

Potatoshape

First time posting but can I just say, I love how she has tried to rip down two forums when in fact, just created stronger communities of support For each other, clearly something she could never achieve.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

SareBear

Nice to see the admin state that us tattlers have been nothing but overwhelming supportive of the group! Fuck You Susie! Fuck You Steph you absolute tool!! 😂😂😂😂

Fucking pair of dickheads the 2 of them!

• Haha
  • Heart

Tuckshopstavern

MSH is a joke 😂

I’ve just saw the post in the new FB group and I am so disappointed that this is the stance they’re taking and they haven’t allowed comments on the post.
It’ll lead to so much speculation - probably about tattle/MN. There’s as much silencing there now then there was on the SBS. I’m really disappointed.
OK so I need clarification because I've either worked it out or I'm being a dense twat (which isn't unusual).

So what I'm getting is that SBS boot every one from their FB group and claim it's to 'protect their clients' because of 'trolling' and screenshots, which they still have failed to actually prove has happened *cough* liars *cough*

Move to patreon backfires in the most magnificent way, people start standing up for themselves after realising that SBS are in fact talking out of their corn holes.

A new group is made so that like minded women can talk freely about fashion. More people realise that SBS are full of shit.

Things settle down, people start to realise there are stylists beyond the SBS camp and the group starts to become more enjoyable.

And now, because the focus isn't on her brand anymore, someone from SBS's tribe actually starts to take screenshots of this new group and are sharing them elsewhere which prompts intimidating behaviour with their threats of suing people.... FOR HAVING A FUCKING OPINION?

The irony would be glorious if it wasn't so sickening.

If it wasn't already, this has completely cemented in my mind that that MHS woman and SBS are playground bullies that haven't grown up yet.

Was saving my popcorn for later (seriously) wish I'd have cracked it out now! Editing to add I was saving it for a film 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Would love you to have a look over one of the letters and give your thoughts - if anyone who's received one is willing to share it privately with you.
I know my friends is worded "we are instructed by our client that you..." but her solicitor is dealing with hers and says that there is basically no merit in what is being said as all she has said is her experience which doesn't fall under harassment or defamation and that SBS are trying their luck. She is actually looking to claim harassment from SBS themselves for sending her emails, tracking her down through trust pilot and the forums as its caused her emotional harm. She gave her opinion on services she had paid (a lot) for and you don't expect you to be chased for doing so.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

loubylou50

VIP Member
I think I must be in the minority for not feeling especially sympathetic towards Susie. I mean I do have compassion regarding her mental health suffering recently, and I wouldn’t deliberately wish a business to fail. However, a lot of these issues we’ve been discussing far pre-dated all the MHS rubbish - inability to accept business criticism, nowhere to feedback/complain to, the rude responses members here received, copy & paste analyses etc. . . 🤷🏼‍♀️ Those issues could, and should, have been dealt with professionally ages ago - a lot of this has been SBS’s own doing in my opinion, and yes she’s clearly been sucked in my this MHS woman but I’m still not feeling overly sorry for her!

Reactions: 21

Swipe Up!

VIP Member
For further clarity:

All content created with a commercial interest HAS TO BE marked as an AD (and should come at the beginning of the post. Not in the middle or end).

Commercial interest = sponsored, gifted, affiliates, PR invites

If you choose to use #aff #gifted tags you still need to use #Ad as well

So they should be putting #gifted on the ones they got for free is how I'm reading that? I shall chat to everyone I work with to check they are all aware of the guidelines.
I really recommend following someone like Vixmeldrew or similar who gives excellent advice on stuff like this. From ads to curating your feed to ... everything really. There are a few others I follow but I find Vix to be clear and concise.

And just to add I dont think anyone here has any negativity towards you or your business and appreciate you coming on to set things straight.

I have emailed them too. I have contacted good morning Britain, this morning, rip off Britain, watch dog and several publications just now with an email about this scandal.

• Heart
  • Wow
I think the MNer who emailed her was a bit goady. I want SBS to pull their socks up, but I don’t want SBS to be attacked/harassed. It would be hypocritical to slate SBS for their legal letter approach and then condone email attacks

• Heart
As an ex-lawyer (sorry 😁) the best response to this letter is going to be a robust solicitor letter back. It shouldn't cost much for one letter. I have no doubt it could be ignored without any consequence but from the point of view of the persons receiving these letters it might give more peace of mind than just ignoring? Maybe a few people could get together and split the cost?

I'm absolutely appalled by this. Shameful.
I'd stick some money in if needed. I'm sure others would too. I know, let's all pay the £6 we could have paid for SBS....

It's a better cause 😊

• Heart