Styled By Susie #3 Silence by Susie, Patreon fail, she'll write it all up in the Daily Mail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@sunnysideup I’m de-lurking and can’t work out how to quote but I saw that too.
That group member was shared on stories prior to the announcement and in her profile is wearing zig zag earrings made by another member of the new group who is featured in Emily’s stories today sharing the same earrings. Coincidence? The plot thickens...

Reactions: 4
Susie’s Instagram follower numbers haven’t been affected by this tit show have they! And with TOM plugging her again there will be a lot of new followers who won’t know about the Facebook group and all the mess! If she ditches MHS soon she may be able to salvage something?!
If MHS was doing her job SBS wouldn’t need a plug! It’s all bullshit and I bet somehow MHS will find a way for new followers to know what’s been happening, I’m convinced she’s out to destroy SBS.

Reactions: 2
I actually feel sorry for her.
I used to follow her but her style was not my own and seeing some of the style advice given to the clients on insta stories, sometimes I thought what, so stopped. I have been watching her insta since this kicked off.
She worked so hard to build that business, whatever we think of it. So sad for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Susie's back on insta welcoming her new followers. The post about tattle and trolls has gone, as has the announcement post. New grid post too but comments turned off. Glad she's back, though the tone has changed from personal to more about style which is probably a good thing, hopefully she's had some time to think.

Yeah hopefully she’s pulled her socks up and binned off that hustle woman . Susie needs to focus on her styling amd moving forward with her business and stop getting all embroiled in what people think of her and tying herself in knots .She has a chance of salvaging things and needs to stop all this ‘ the most popular girl at school stuff’ and bullying people if they aren’t satisfied with the service and act like any other business would .

Reactions: 6
I actually feel sorry for her.
I used to follow her but her style was not my own and seeing some of the style advice given to the clients on insta stories, sometimes I thought what, so stopped. I have been watching her insta since this kicked off.
She worked so hard to build that business, whatever we think of it. So sad for her.
It’s sad to think of the Susie that started the business to what she has become now. Her decisions and ego have destroyed what she built personally and professionally.

I lost confidence in her style advice when she wore what she did at New York fashion week. She hyped it so much I was expecting something amazing, but a pair of Mum jeans, a lace bodice and some heels I was certainly left feeling a bit meh with the outfit choice. I never listened much to her stories anyway but after NY I pretty much skipped her all the time.

I lost confidence in her style advice when she wore what she did at New York fashion week. She hyped it so much I was expecting something amazing, but a pair of Mum jeans, a lace bodice and some heels I was certainly left feeling a bit meh with the outfit choice. I never listened much to her stories anyway but after NY I pretty much skipped her all the time.
Yep agreed and the outfit choice for London fashion week was equally as disappointing. But she is a high street, fast fashion stylist and she does look that part so at least it’s on brand!

To be honest she’s not a high end stylist or influencer like Susie bubble or something so I wouldn’t expect her to be super edgy at fashion week , She is a high street easily accessible stylist for people and needs to work on those strengths and stay in that niche .

Reactions: 7
Her page really does look better now. Regardless of the mess of the last few weeks I do wish her well. I feel her heart is really in her work and it would be a shame for it to all fall down after the work she's put in. It's not the style for me but it works for a lot. Hopefully they can address some of the issues and nip any further bad press in the bud.

I don't dislike the way she dresses at all, it's not my style but I don't think she looks bad. While I do agree I was underwhelmed with her fashion week choices (purely because of the hype) she stayed on brand and I certainly don't think she looks like 'mutton'. Then again, I don't think anyone ever does. If it's OK for a man to cut about at any age in whatever the hell they feel like, why can't a woman? I certainly know I'll continue to wear what ever the duck I like until I'm forced to do otherwise. If people can't handle my varicose veins and wobble, that's their problem not mine ✌

• Heart
Reactions: 13
generally I don’t think there is an age barrier for clothing - hey, I would have said that a grown woman wearing a Tutu walking down the street would be weird, but then SJP and thousands of women proved that wrong. It’s about dressing to suit yourself, give you confidence, and for the outside to reflect the wonderful inside.

I wouldnt be able to name names, but I remember seeing articles in Glamour, Marie Claire etc typically ‘Stylist to the Celebs Typical Day’ features, and rarely did any of the stylists reflect their own style onto their clients (as it should be). No one should be cloning, we’re all individuals Stylists should still be aspirational as in “She looks great, hope she can help me find me ‘great’ - not “Clone me now” Most of the SBS stylists own wardrobes wouldn’t appeal to me, but I still* had confidence that they could help me find my great

*until I got my personal Analysis, and then it all went down hill

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@sunnysideup I’m de-lurking and can’t work out how to quote but I saw that too.
That group member was shared on stories prior to the announcement and in her profile is wearing zig zag earrings made by another member of the new group who is featured in Emily’s stories today sharing the same earrings. Coincidence? The plot thickens...
I’m a bit hmm 🤔 there too. I’m sure she’s lovely in real life and just plugging things she likes and being straight up about what she doesn’t. I’m not the best judge of character though 😂

Her page really does look better now. Regardless of the mess of the last few weeks I do wish her well. I feel her heart is really in her work and it would be a shame for it to all fall down after the work she's put in. It's not the style for me but it works for a lot. Hopefully they can address some of the issues and nip any further bad press in the bud.
I think I’d be more inclined to wish her well if she held herself accountable. She’s caused a lot of upset and fear to clients. She has not empowered them or supported them. She silenced them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think I’d be more inclined to wish her well if she held herself accountable. She’s caused a lot of upset and fear to clients. She has not empowered them or supported them. She silenced them.
Absolutely and by removing posts from the insta she isn't allowing her new followers to see whats been going on with her company. Anyone know how many she has on patreon now?

I’m not sure Susie can rebuild her business, there is too much negativity on Mumsnet, tattle, trust pilot - and she’ll no longer get word of mouth custom or publicity from the Facebook group.

I like a lot of her style and love her hair but wouldn’t use her because her clothes sometimes feel inappropriate and ill fitting. I’m not sure I would go to her for advice on my work wardrobe when she goes to important meetings in cycle shorts and I’ve seen her in denim shorts that are too big around the waist.

Reactions: 4
When anyone booked since the new GDPR rules came in, did anyone sign anything about what they do with your data? Or even get told what happens with it? I didn't get anything all those years ago as it was different but I also didn't get an email or anything when the new rules came into place. I need to go back to trading standards about it (they have specifically asked about it 🤷‍♀️)

Not attempting to moderate, but can we not go down the criticisms of her appearance route please? There’s enough to criticise about the handling of the whole saga without making it personal. We are better than that.
I know, as she is a stylist, some may say she is fair game but we all have our own style which won’t be to everyone’s taste.
Just my humble opinion obviously, but it makes me feel uncomfortable.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.