Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’ve been wondering about whether this deleting and heavy moderation should actually be regulated by ASA like ads and affiliates. No idea how it could be managed or if it’s even possible, but essentially it’s false advertising isn’t it? Deleting reviews, closing comments, rejecting posts etc.

Given SBS and Frenchic have both had their bubbles burst recently it makes you wonder how many more businesses run by social media operate in this way. It feels like something that may need exposing on a bigger scale than just these two.

Reactions: 17

MabelMoo

I’m delurking. Been reading all the threads and vouched on the style sisterhood group that tattle wasn’t sharing screenshots.

anyway, I’m posting because I hope Susie reads it.
how dare you, threatening women with legal action, intimidation simply because they dared to complain about a service they have fucking paid for . You absolutely hypocrite. Be kind?????? Donating to an anti bullying charity and yet bullying women behind closed doors???
You are a disgrace to the women you claim to empower and I wish I’d never bought anything from you

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Yel

Chatty Member
This thread is a ride 😵 all this over paying for someone to shop with you at Primark 😆

@Yel Is this true?
If someone joins up here to troll and their first message is "you guys are so jealous and fat, why don't you unfollow you vermin" yeah we will ban. This isn't Mumsnet where trolls are allowed to run riot 😆

Anyone with a letter I'd just ignore it, it'll almost certainly be crap try to try silence and intimidate. Although always a good idea to anonymise your data on here so you don't give away your identity.

I'm not sure if admin got a letter from this stylish Susie, we stopped sharing them here as they were 1) bullshit 2) often mentioned usernames and we wouldn't want to worry any posters that they've (unfairly) been mentioned in a ridiculous threat trying to impinge on civil liberties.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

mangomay

Anyone noticed her "friend" @mangomay has gone quiet since the email's went out ??
I didn't get a letter, but I did get a kidney infection so I've been feeling very sorry for myself/sleeping/drinking all the water.

I've never been styled by her or reviewed her, so she can't sue me, and we are also not friends. I know her and see her regularly, but that's not the same thing :LOL:

However, I am getting more and more wary about posting because it would appear she is on some kind of mission to set her entire world on fire. And although we're not friends, we have some mutual contacts I'd rather not see burned.

Fwiw the legal letters are pure madness.

• Sad
How is threatening to sue woman, basically to silence their opinion empowering & supporting women? Great choice susie!

• Haha
I read this in Ross's voice....WE WERE ON A BREAK!

On a serious note though I dont know how they can implement a gagging order on someones opinion...her opinion was her analysis wasn't right for her, in her opinion she felt unhappy about this, any attempts to rectify the situation were shut down by the business so she felt frustrated and left her opinions somewhere they could be heard, freely. She didnt name call, tell other people to avoid, threaten Susie personally 🤷‍♀️ I just don't see the issue.
Absolutely this ☝🏼

I stayed in a hotel recently, which had mostly good reviews on Booking.com. I didn't think it was great, so I left an honest review (some good, some bad) when I got back. The fact that others thought it was great doesn't mean I'm a liar and the fact I didn't think it was great doesn't mean they're lying. It's an opinion based on experience. I do not expect those that thought it was good to come after me and tell me I'm a troll and bully and I do not expect the hotel to threaten to sue me for having an opinion about the service I received (and, more importantly, paid for).

It blows my mind that someone can be so arrogant to think they can shut down people for giving an honest opinion of a service they have paid for. Not everyone will love you or the services you provide. That is a fact of life, Susie. Deal with it.

• Heart
I hope anyone who receives a letter from SBS solicitors edits their TP review and adds a photo of the letter to demonstrate their bullying tactics

RitaSueBobtoo

Chatty Member
She seems to have pissed off the wrong group of people, it's unraveling more every day. She should be proud of us...after all this is what she bangs on about all the time, women empowering eachother and coming together-well all that is right here on these threads 💪💪🙌🙌

• Heart
I think SBS may say that their sales reduced after the negative reviews were posted so therefore it has had a detrimental impact on their business.

They seem to want others to take the blame all the time - they are never at fault. The customer is never right!
Her business may well have suffered from the negative reviews but she's got no one to blame but herself for that! That's what happens when you either ignore or actively shut people down for trying to give feedback. The second they find an outlet, be it here, MN or Trust Pilot, they're going to speak their mind, and then some!

I also can't quite believe that she's saying on her insta that she's listening to the feedback and will be improving her services while simultaneously threatening to sue the very people whose views she says she's acting on!! She really is something else... 🤬

Nice to see that all of Emily's slots sold out within hours of her website going live and that she's got a big old feedback page on there too. I do wonder if any of the others will see that and follow suit...

OK my friend (happyandloved) is too scared now to post as someone's called her a troll on MN and her mental health is now low and to be honest I'm very worried about her. If anyone has some useful advice for her she will be reading these threads but not commenting unfortunately for fear of more messages of defamation etc.. she has basically been ordered to stop posting or be sued and also as a side note "give them access to her phone records to prove she doesn't continue to defame the company"

That poor woman on MN is having suicidal thoughts.

Susie if you are reading this STOP this now. You say you have mental health issues then from one woman to another do what is right and stop this. Where is your compassion? #bekind
You got bad reviews? Well put on your big girl knickers and address the problems without threats.

I am appalled.
This is my friend and I am supporting her completely, she will be fine but lifes being very hard on her at the moment. She has got through much worse than what susie is throwing at her but its come at a bad time for her.

Xx

• Wow
  • Sad

Mmoon

Afraid this is true, she's going after people that are honest and prove they are a customer. Then uses that she knows who they are for her to get a legal letter sent to. The letter says that if the review is deleted no further action will be pursued so she is relying on scaring people who don't want the wasted money and energy to fight it. She must be having success at doing this hense why she's still up to it this week. I used to feel sorry for her, but she's learnt nothing.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Can this information be shared in the larger Facebook group? She's using scare tactics and hoping people don't join forces. What an absolutely dispicable excuse of a woman.
We were made aware of it yesterday evening and are picking up as many affected as we can - but honestly we're so disgusted by that woman's actions that none of the admins will recommend or even mention that woman's name again. It has been mentioned on the Hustle woman's thread and we're letting people know that this is happening. Past that, we don't want Susie getting to be the centre of attention again. She doesn't deserve even an inch of publicity.

This needs to go to the papers, really. Let her explain her #bekind mantra then.

Swipe Up!

VIP Member
The thing is. SBS had 14k followers on FB and over 31k on Instagram but they’re threatened by TWO “trolls” (by their accounts).

So they’re so threatened by 2 people? That’s absolute bull.

I also find it unbelievable that that’s their focus when there are 81 average/poor/bad reviews on trustpilot. Thats 35%!
But the focus of the business isn’t on that. It’s on playing the victim and taking no responsibility for a shoddy service and their non-existent customer care.

I just can’t comprehend why, when you take into consideration those reviews and then overall feedback, fixing the problems and addressing this isn’t the focus and the most important thing?

Chasingrainbows

As an ex-lawyer (sorry 😁) the best response to this letter is going to be a robust solicitor letter back. It shouldn't cost much for one letter. I have no doubt it could be ignored without any consequence but from the point of view of the persons receiving these letters it might give more peace of mind than just ignoring? Maybe a few people could get together and split the cost?

I'm absolutely appalled by this. Shameful.

• Heart
I doubt susie will follow through. This is probably just a desperate attempt to scare people into removing the negative comments and reviews. She surely knows she hasn't got an actual leg to stand on.

Hear hear.
I agree. If that charlatan sends me a letter I'll plaster it all over everything. I can afford to challenge this in court. But that's why she's picking off the ones who are too scared to do that, because they don't want to lose their homes. Susie you're disgusting. Sue me.

• Heart
Emily was the only one out of everyone who works for SBS that didn't block my friend on Instagram. That speaks a thousand words. Emily you have my upmost respect for walking away from them whatever your reasons for doing so were.

I'm not on Instagram any longer and thought about going back on to comment on SBS Instagram but I am told she has turned off commenting.

Tonight I have realised that you can only push someone so far or try to silence them so much before they fight back, controlling someone isn't kind, nor is it empowering. It is bullying, narcissism and it will all be found out in the long run.

And Bravo to all you ladies brave enough to call them out on it!

Furloughedhousewife

I think the MNer who emailed her was a bit goady. I want SBS to pull their socks up, but I don’t want SBS to be attacked/harassed. It would be hypocritical to slate SBS for their legal letter approach and then condone email attacks
I agree, i think it was a real shitty thing to email her just to get a raise. It totally discredits everyones grievances.

• Heart