Styled By Susie #3 Silence by Susie, Patreon fail, she'll write it all up in the Daily Mail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah I found the privacy policy on her website now don't worry ladies.

There is a handy link to someone I can complain to though and I will be doing that!

Reactions: 1
@50sGirl I agree. Which is one of the reasons I was called a troll on MN but I don't think it's relevant and it takes away from genuine complaints

Reactions: 3
Let's not forget the cycling shorts and hoodie business meeting was with MHS (at least, I hope it was with Steph and not with her bank manager or something) 😂

• Haha
Not attempting to moderate, but can we not go down the criticisms of her appearance route please? There’s enough to criticise about the handling of the whole saga without making it personal. We are better than that.
I know, as she is a stylist, some may say she is fair game but we all have our own style which won’t be to everyone’s taste.
Just my humble opinion obviously, but it makes me feel uncomfortable.
Agreed. I've always been bullied for being alternative and I just won't do it to anyone else. In my eyes, it's like art, it's completely subjective.

Reactions: 13
SBS Instagram page grid posts are being deleted by the day! Hopefully Susie taking a step back personally and distancing Susie the person from SBS the business 🙏🏻

Reactions: 4
SBS Instagram page grid posts are being deleted by the day! Hopefully Susie taking a step back personally and distancing Susie the person from SBS the business 🙏🏻
Yes all change and shes calling patreon her online magazine now which is a shift away from how it was originally marketed 🤔 still not sure 2 posts a day and a group chat is worth £6 a month but that's just me.

Reactions: 7
I’m not sure Susie can rebuild her business, there is too much negativity on Mumsnet, tattle, trust pilot - and she’ll no longer get word of mouth custom or publicity from the Facebook group.

I like a lot of her style and love her hair but wouldn’t use her because her clothes sometimes feel inappropriate and ill fitting. I’m not sure I would go to her for advice on my work wardrobe when she goes to important meetings in cycle shorts and I’ve seen her in denim shorts that are too big around the waist.
I really don’t think a few chats on a couple of forums is going to bring down her business. She’s got a big Insta audience and gets national press opportunities to promote her business. There’s only a handful of employees to keep busy. It’s not a national talking point and plenty of people have been happy with their service. Hopefully she’ll address some issues and continue to run a successful business. It’s not something I’d buy into but it certainly seems to help a lot of women struggling with their image and identity.

Reactions: 5
Yes all change and shes calling patreon her online magazine now which is a shift away from how it was originally marketed 🤔 still not sure 2 posts a day and a group chat is worth £6 a month but that's just me.
I much prefer the idea of an online magazine and it makes more sense to call it that if you're charging. But why didn't she do this originally?! Oh yeah because it was a rush job with no market research or thought and now we're doing major damage control.

Reactions: 8
I much prefer the idea of an online magazine and it makes more sense to call it that if you're charging. But why didn't she do this originally?! Oh yeah because it was a rush job with no market research or thought and now we're doing major damage control.
It's good for her if she manages to pull it back from all the drama though isn't it. I noticed her Instagram posts are using 'we' now rather than 'I' so maybe there'll be a bit of a rebrand. Wonder if she's still using mrs hustle!

Reactions: 2
It's good for her if she manages to pull it back from all the drama though isn't it. I noticed her Instagram posts are using 'we' now rather than 'I' so maybe there'll be a bit of a rebrand. Wonder if she's still using mrs hustle!
I believe she is, MHS talked about SBS in her stories today

I really don’t think a few chats on a couple of forums is going to bring down her business. She’s got a big Insta audience and gets national press opportunities to promote her business. There’s only a handful of employees to keep busy. It’s not a national talking point and plenty of people have been happy with their service. Hopefully she’ll address some issues and continue to run a successful business. It’s not something I’d buy into but it certainly seems to help a lot of women struggling with their image and identity.
A lot of her Insta followers are there to watch the next story or the next update, mostly to discuss on here, MN or somewhere else I’m sure and a lot of them will just be following to try and increase their followers, some follow and don’t really care!

Reactions: 2
@sunnysideup I’m de-lurking and can’t work out how to quote but I saw that too.
That group member was shared on stories prior to the announcement and in her profile is wearing zig zag earrings made by another member of the new group who is featured in Emily’s stories today sharing the same earrings. Coincidence? The plot thickens...
Trend Tonic by any chance? Coincidentally I’m pretty certain that one of the new Patreon much-hyped discounts is for TT!

Reactions: 4
Interesting that- it always annoyed me how often she had to make out she was the boss. It was rather obvious considering the business was in her name but she still liked to post her “boss” comments a lot I felt, especially since the other stylists all cost the same for getting an analysis/personal shop.

Reactions: 5
I think I must be in the minority for not feeling especially sympathetic towards Susie. I mean I do have compassion regarding her mental health suffering recently, and I wouldn’t deliberately wish a business to fail. However, a lot of these issues we’ve been discussing far pre-dated all the MHS rubbish - inability to accept business criticism, nowhere to feedback/complain to, the rude responses members here received, copy & paste analyses etc. . . 🤷🏼‍♀️ Those issues could, and should, have been dealt with professionally ages ago - a lot of this has been SBS’s own doing in my opinion, and yes she’s clearly been sucked in my this MHS woman but I’m still not feeling overly sorry for her!

Reactions: 21
Interesting that- it always annoyed me how often she had to make out she was the boss. It was rather obvious considering the business was in her name but she still liked to post her “boss” comments a lot I felt, especially since the other stylists all cost the same for getting an analysis/personal shop.
Yes I noticed this. It would also annoy me when she called the stylists “my girls”, “girls”, “the girls”... It’s so belittling. THEY ARE WOMEN!!

Reactions: 9
I think I must be in the minority for not feeling especially sympathetic towards Susie. I mean I do have compassion regarding her mental health suffering recently, and I wouldn’t deliberately wish a business to fail. However, a lot of these issues we’ve been discussing far pre-dated all the MHS rubbish - inability to accept business criticism, nowhere to feedback/complain to, the rude responses members here received, copy & paste analyses etc. . . 🤷🏼‍♀️ Those issues could, and should, have been dealt with professionally ages ago - a lot of this has been SBS’s own doing in my opinion, and yes she’s clearly been sucked in my this MHS woman but I’m still not feeling overly sorry for her!
Agree. Glad someone said this. She’s been being a bully from waaaay before MHS came on the scene. Susie is playing to her niche market, a large proportion of whom are sahm or women stick in a rut and lost their way. Susie is a lifeline for them.. She’s definitely stil got loads of loyal followers who still want to use her services. Brainwashed springs to mind

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.