Styled By Susie #3 Silence by Susie, Patreon fail, she'll write it all up in the Daily Mail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ads should be declared on all social media platforms as I understand it.
If a stylist you gifted an item to posted about that item it should be marked #Ad. If you then share that then you need to ask yourself if this is a business transaction? As in, are you sharing this to promote their business too, as well as sharing your own item?

I know itā€™s a minefield but if I was you and I had gifted some items to a business/stylist and I was under the impression that this was going to help both businesses, by them posting your gifted item and you then reposting their posts (advertising both your item and their service) Iā€™d put something in the post to explain that.
Thanks, not me just something I have noticed and stuck me as a bit shady where a company shows a celeb or their offspring wearing their item but not stipulated if the item was gifted or purchased.

Reactions: 2
But knowing what a business knows now about SBS and how they treat dissatisfied customers , would they still want to be associated with SBS?
Its all well and good influencers stating that they only represent brands they love, but do brands only associate themselves with influencers and business they love ?

Reactions: 5
Emily posted some stories earlier to say that in her "previous job" she was not allowed to do ad/affiliate stuff before but may do so from now on and wants to be clear on it. Clearly moving on swiftly!

Reactions: 11
They haven't been advertising my products that they haven't paid for, if they've bought the earrings and are wearing them do they need to post #ad? The seasons edit is a Collaboration, we designed it together and it's written all over the website that it was made with Emily? Does everyone who's bought my earrings and is an 'influencer' need to put #ad?
Well yes I believe so As they are promoting a product To a wide audience, thatā€™s my understanding anyway. Itā€™s the lack of transparency that is annoying people , you will see on many other threads on here the number of influencers who have been fined or warned by ASA for non-declaration, anyone with a following and public is governed by the need to declare. The issue is around openness and honestly which you have presented in good faith today , in my option, but that hasnā€™t been shown by any of the SBS team to date. People just get so sick of being hoodwinked So ā€œadā€ or ā€œcollaborationā€œ transparency needs to be labled as such. You have made that clear but it hasnā€™t been on any of the sbs posts which raises suspicion especially when they are known for recommending, employing, promotion friends etc. The Ali express point was to let readers know that The undeclared advert or collaboration can be too easily followed if they wanted to shop around. personally I think your concept it brilliant , but I do disagree with the promotional approach sbs are using and lack of adherence to how I understand the rules. Good luck with your business .

Reactions: 3
So it appears that everyone they are looking to take to court has to sign something to say they will no longer post about the company as that falls under harassment and that they are to remove all posts already made as that's defamation

Great way to silence everyone.

What a mean person. This is the woman who spouts the be kind message.

Let's take all of these women who were left terribly unhappy just to make them even worse

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
So it appears that everyone they are looking to take to court has to sign something to say they will no longer post about the company as that falls under harassment and that they are to remove all posts already made as that's defamation

Let's take all of these women who were left terribly unhappy just to make them even worse
Horrendous. What if EVERY business did this?

Reactions: 5
Either she thinks she is special, that she should not have any negative reviews of her business even though every other business on the planet has them, or... she is a complete narcissist.

Reactions: 8
The Ali express point was to let readers know that The undeclared advert or collaboration can be too easily followed if they wanted to shop around. personally I think your concept it brilliant , but I do disagree with the promotional approach sbs are using and lack of adherence to how I understand the rules. Good luck with your business .
Not sure I understand what you mean? Of course people can shop around the same with anything but surely supporting a local small business who has positive ethical practices is better than buying from Ali express? The promotional approach SBS adheres to is nothing to do with me and you even state I have been clear. I was bought into the thread by you slating my business and publically making untrue statements about me.

Reactions: 1
Horrendous. What if EVERY business did this?
You will know who is being contacted because they have already gone or will go silent after being bullied into signing these gag orders basically.

I thought better of this company and I think this has gone to far now.

Its like she thinks she is Putin

@TrendTonic if youā€™ve given them product or a discount off a product (eg a discount not available to the general public) then itā€™s considered an incentive on your part, and could influence the influencer. From what youā€™ve said here, your intentions seem very genuine but it might be wise to protect yourself in the future by attaching an accompanying note or a link to the guidelines... that way if any influencer doesnā€™t follow the guidelines and youā€™re dragged into any fuss, you can show clearly you tried. There have been brands that have been implicated where influencers have screwed up.

Reactions: 10
So just thought I'd reply as I am Kerry from Trend Tonic and don't like seeing my business slated. I hand make everything, Ali express is known for ripping off others brands but what your screenshot from my website is a lightning bolt which many brands do and I haven't claimed as unique. All my items are made from cork leather which is sustainable and I have a tree planted for every pair bought. I did the seasons edit with Emily as a Collaboration which is why she's 'plastered' all over the website and this has never been hidden. I was colour trained by colour me beautiful a completely seperate business to Susie and I offered her the patreon discount as a business move because it's where my customers are based. Just like I have discounts on other style pages and stylists newsletters etc. A lot of the ladies on the new group wear my earrings which I'm extremely proud and has nothing to do with being affiliated with anyone and more to do with the fact I've spent ages learning how to make bloody good earrings šŸ˜‚ I think I've covered everything but I'm open and happy to answer any other questions
can I just say, well done on a great response to this kind of issue. Reasoned reply defending your business, and you have taken on the chin any comments about indicating if someone had purchased or gifted items. Hats off to you šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘. No threatening, or calling anyone a bully. I for one, have gone onto your site following your comments and will definitely be purchasing some of your lovely jewellery ā¤

Reactions: 32
They haven't been advertising my products that they haven't paid for, if they've bought the earrings and are wearing them do they need to post #ad? The seasons edit is a Collaboration, we designed it together and it's written all over the website that it was made with Emily? Does everyone who's bought my earrings and is an 'influencer' need to put #ad?
Well yes I believe so As they are promoting a product To a wide audience, thatā€™s my understanding anyway. Itā€™s the lack of transparency that is annoying people , you will see on many other threads on here the number of influencers who have been fined or warned by ASA for non-declaration, anyone with a following and public is governed by the need to declare. The issue is around openness and honestly which you have presented in good faith today , in my option, but that hasnā€™t been shown by any of the SBS team to date. People just get so sick of being hoodwinked So ā€œadā€ or ā€œcollaborationā€œ transparency needs to be labled as such. You have made that clear but it hasnā€™t been on any of the sbs posts which raises suspicion especially when they are known for recommending, employing, promotion friends etc. The Ali express point was to let readers know that The undeclared advert or collaboration can be too easily followed if they wanted to shop around. personally I think your concept it brilliant , but I do disagree with the promotional approach sbs are using and lack of adherence to how I understand the rules. Good luck with your business .
Thanks everyone, I was very upset by the original comments from pissedoffwithinfluencers but everyone else has given valid information I will be implementing so thank you x
Hi there my intention was to call out the lack of transparency and possible undeclared connections between sbs and promoting your products and the fact that some
Women may think itā€™s a genuine ā€œOh look what I foundā€ recommendation as oppose to the collaboration and partnership going against guidelines now posted. I my opinion Sbs has had history of recommending services of friends , ships, small businesses without declaration or interest, adverts etc and as a few others have said they have never seen these labeled as gift, ad of collaboration. So many Influencers do the same and sneak in adverts or freebies leading people to believe they were not free or part of a campaign, itā€™s how the industry used to work when they could get away with it, but now the canā€™t . Good luck to you again with your products!

can I just say, well done on a great response to this kind of issue. Reasoned reply defending your business, and you have taken on the chin any comments about indicating if someone had purchased or gifted items. Hats off to you šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘. No threatening, or calling anyone a bully. I for one, have gone onto your site following your comments and will definitely be purchasing some of your lovely jewellery ā¤
Thank you!

The irony of her patreon custom donating to a cyber bullying charity and she is behaving like this!!! I wonder what the charity would think of all this? Itā€™s absolutely disgusting behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Hi there my intention was to call out the lack of transparency and possible undeclared connections between sbs and promoting your products and the fact that some
Women may think itā€™s a genuine ā€œOh look what I foundā€ recommendation as oppose to the collaboration and partnership going against guidelines now posted. I my opinion Sbs has had history of recommending services of friends , ships, small businesses without declaration or interest, adverts etc and as a few others have said they have never seen these labeled as gift, ad of collaboration. So many Influencers do the same and sneak in adverts or freebies leading people to believe they were not free or part of a campaign, itā€™s how the industry used to work when they could get away with it, but now the canā€™t . Good luck to you again with your products!
Whilst I appreciate what you were trying to highlight you did give the impression that I buy products from Ali express and sell them on, must know Susie personally and in turn any recommendations for my brand must be with an agenda and not just because I make good tit! I work my absolute arse off perfecting my craft and in turn it's been received well and I hate to think people think I'm only recommended because I've paid for influencers etc.

Reactions: 9
Trend Tonic - I will be ordering, you have some lovely items.

Just keep doing what you are doing xx

I bought a pair yesterday! @TrendTonic! All
Publicity is good publicity šŸ˜‰.

I wonder if SBS is going to sue and how the hell has she managed to get peoples details? There must be a GDPR type breach going on??? Even if she got TP to give her details to check if they were legitimate customers, surely then to use the emails to send legal letters is some word of twist??

How much is a legal letter these days? Ā£150?

I bought a pair yesterday! @TrendTonic! All
Publicity is good publicity šŸ˜‰.

I wonder if SBS is going to sue and how the hell has she managed to get peoples details? There must be a GDPR type breach going on??? Even if she got TP to give her details to check if they were legitimate customers, surely then to use the emails to send legal letters is some word of twist??

How much is a legal letter these days? Ā£150?
Itā€™s a definite breach of privacy if sheā€™s using details to then send legal letters. data is definitely being misused.

Iā€™m not sure I believe it tbh. If someone has a letter then blank out names and post it?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.