Styled By Susie #3 Silence by Susie, Patreon fail, she'll write it all up in the Daily Mail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think SBS may say that their sales reduced after the negative reviews were posted so therefore it has had a detrimental impact on their business.

They seem to want others to take the blame all the time - they are never at fault. The customer is never right!
Her business may well have suffered from the negative reviews but she's got no one to blame but herself for that! That's what happens when you either ignore or actively shut people down for trying to give feedback. The second they find an outlet, be it here, MN or Trust Pilot, they're going to speak their mind, and then some!

I also can't quite believe that she's saying on her insta that she's listening to the feedback and will be improving her services while simultaneously threatening to sue the very people whose views she says she's acting on!! She really is something else... 🤬

Nice to see that all of Emily's slots sold out within hours of her website going live and that she's got a big old feedback page on there too. I do wonder if any of the others will see that and follow suit...

Reactions: 16
Her business may well have suffered from the negative reviews but she's got no one to blame but herself for that! That's what happens when you either ignore or actively shut people down for trying to give feedback. The second they find an outlet, be it here, MN or Trust Pilot, they're going to speak their mind, and then some!

I also can't quite believe that she's saying on her insta that she's listening to the feedback and will be improving her services while simultaneously threatening to sue the very people whose views she says she's acting on!! She really is something else... 🤬

Nice to see that all of Emily's slots sold out within hours of her website going live and that she's got a big old feedback page on there too. I do wonder if any of the others will see that and follow suit...
I don’t think any of others have the presence Emily does, I didn’t realise how popular she was until these threads and the FB group she probably did either, big part of her making the move IMO not that I blame her for doing it at all. The only others we see are Mhairi and Sarah and they are too close to Susie. Mhairi in particular seems to have had a big dose of the SBS Kool-Aid

Reactions: 6
I don’t think any of others have the presence Emily does, I didn’t realise how popular she was until these threads and the FB group she probably did either, big part of her making the move IMO not that I blame her for doing it at all. The only others we see are Mhairi and Sarah and they are too close to Susie. Mhairi in particular seems to have had a big dose of the SBS Kool-Aid
Mhairi was one of the ones who started out as an SBS super-fan! She paid for a personal shop, flying all the way down from Scotland to Kent, raved all over the old FB group about Susie and then next thing you know she’s done the training course and is magically a ‘stylist’ now! 🤔🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Just out of interest how much does it cost to send that kind of letter out?
So I am a fairly senior lawyer (not litigation) and i would be charged at £250 plus VAT an hour. Our firm is similar to the one she is using so I would guess their hourly rates range from £150/hr for an NQ up to £300/hr for a partner. To send a letter I would guess at at least one if not two hours to advise initally, then more to actually send the letters and report on the responses.

Would be interesting to know how it is phrased as that would be a clue as to whether they think there is any merit. For example when someone asks me to say something I have advised them against or I think is stupid I would phrase it is 'we are instructed that' or 'our client considers', rather than 'this is the position'.

Also can we speculate wildly about why Mhairi has come down to stay with Sarah on 24 hours notice please?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

I don’t think any of the others will follow Emily’s lead, however I do think some of them may leave for new ventures. If my employer was behaving the way Susie is I would not be sticking by them, this reflects onto them as they know what is happening. Why did she need so many stylists anyway? when it’s just a cut and paste PDF. If people didn’t live near blue water they could always do a online shop. I think Ole Susie was busy with her bullshit stories for the daily mail and pushing to get Insta famous to feed her ego!

Reactions: 3
I don’t think any of the others will follow Emily’s lead, however I do think some of them may leave for new ventures. If my employer was behaving the way Susie is I would not be sticking by them, this reflects onto them as they know what is happening. Why did she need so many stylists anyway? when it’s just a cut and paste PDF. If people didn’t live near blue water they could always do a online shop. I think Ole Susie was busy with her bullshit stories for the daily mail and pushing to get Insta famous to feed her ego!
I think so too, I have no idea how you would stand by and support someone behaving the way she is. I'm afraid it reflects badly on all involved.

Reactions: 5

It wouldn’t surprise me if Karina went. She worked ij Marketing for donkeys years before doing SBS part time. She seems to be the most friendly with Emily

Reactions: 4
If Susie has employed a "brand protector" I can't see the Mumsnet thread lasting much longer. Another thought has anyone contacted trust pilot to let advise that their reviews are being used to send people legal letter surely that will put people off reviewing. I know I won't be leaving my thoughts there.

If Susie has employed a "brand protector" I can't see the Mumsnet thread lasting much longer. Another thought has anyone contacted trust pilot to let advise that their reviews are being used to send people legal letter surely that will put people off reviewing. I know I won't be leaving my thoughts there.
The only people contacted are the ones who have used their full names or ones who have provided SBS with additional info (ref, email etc).

My review is anon and I was asked for additional details from SBS via TP but I contacted TP with my evidence of purchase and requested that no further details are passed on. I haven’t received a letter and I’m unlikely to, because I’m anon.

So I am a fairly senior lawyer (not litigation) and i would be charged at £250 plus VAT an hour. Our firm is similar to the one she is using so I would guess their hourly rates range from £150/hr for an NQ up to £300/hr for a partner. To send a letter I would guess at at least one if not two hours to advise initally, then more to actually send the letters and report on the responses.

Would be interesting to know how it is phrased as that would be a clue as to whether they think there is any merit. For example when someone asks me to say something I have advised them against or I think is stupid I would phrase it is 'we are instructed that' or 'our client considers', rather than 'this is the position'.

Also can we speculate wildly about why Mhairi has come down to stay with Sarah on 24 hours notice please?
Would love you to have a look over one of the letters and give your thoughts - if anyone who's received one is willing to share it privately with you.

Reactions: 2
So Mhairi has posted a pic this morning and turned off comments. It always seem bizarre when people do that, like they’re afraid of what people might say.

Reactions: 9
There is a post on the MN thread advising people to screenshot their posts incase the thread is deleted....someone should start an insta called Sued by Susie 🤣 post the screenshots and turn the comments off 👌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Would love you to have a look over one of the letters and give your thoughts - if anyone who's received one is willing to share it privately with you.
I know my friends is worded "we are instructed by our client that you..." but her solicitor is dealing with hers and says that there is basically no merit in what is being said as all she has said is her experience which doesn't fall under harassment or defamation and that SBS are trying their luck. She is actually looking to claim harassment from SBS themselves for sending her emails, tracking her down through trust pilot and the forums as its caused her emotional harm. She gave her opinion on services she had paid (a lot) for and you don't expect you to be chased for doing so.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yeah you're probably right there...

I think she's going to Harry Potter World today? I had a nose at her stories and it looks like she's staying in a hotel and drove down to see Sarah and Susie as part of that trip. Not that HP world is particularly close to where either of them live but I guess it's a public show of support...

I know my friends is worded "we are instructed by our client that you..." but her solicitor is dealing with hers and says that there is basically no merit in what is being said as all she has said is her experience which doesn't fall under harassment or defamation and that SBS are trying their luck. She is actually looking to claim harassment from SBS themselves for sending her emails, tracking her down through trust pilot and the forums as its caused her emotional harm. She gave her opinion on services she had paid (a lot) for and you don't expect you to be chased for doing so.
I wish your friend all the luck. It absolutely is harassment when you leave a review on a PUBLIC review site and are then hounded privately by the business owner!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah you're probably right there...

I think she's going to Harry Potter World today? I had a nose at her stories and it looks like she's staying in a hotel and drove down to see Sarah and Susie as part of that trip. Not that HP world is particularly close to where either of them live but I guess it's a public show of support...

I wish your friend all the luck. It absolutely is harassment when you leave a review on a PUBLIC review site and are then hounded privately by the business owner!
Thank you, I know that there are privacy concerns for her about styled by susie having her mobile number so has got a new number and she is looking into whether anything has been breached with regards to the data she shared!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Good for her! I hope other people read this and do the same. Susie has manipulated and bullied women and silenced them for to long using these tactics.
Narcissists will try to destroy your life with lies, because theirs can be destroyed by the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The only people contacted are the ones who have used their full names or ones who have provided SBS with additional info (ref, email etc).

My review is anon and I was asked for additional details from SBS via TP but I contacted TP with my evidence of purchase and requested that no further details are passed on. I haven’t received a letter and I’m unlikely to, because I’m anon.
My review was not anonymous and I haven't been sent any legal letters (yet). I also haven't been contacted by TP - I contacted them after I saw my review had been flagged. Still waiting on a response from TP 12 days after contacting them.

Yes, this! Has anyone contacted Trustpilot to let them know what's been going on?
I emailed them yesterday in regard to mine. I did not mention the legal letters, as I haven't been sent one and I assume they'd require proof?

Reactions: 4
Good for her! I hope other people read this and do the same. Susie has manipulated and bullied women and silenced them for to long using these tactics.
Narcissists will try to destroy your life with lies, because theirs can be destroyed by the truth.
Yes!!!! Just this!!!!

Thank you, I know that there are privacy concerns for her about styled by susie having her mobile number so has got a new number and she is looking into whether anything has been breached with regards to the data she shared!
I'm so pleased she's fighting back, but what a horrible, horrible situation to be in. From what you've said about your friend it seems like she has been through enough this year, and now she's having to deal with all of this as well. And all because of one honest review on a website.

Susie, and anybody standing by her through this, should be hanging their heads in shame.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.