Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @kachoochoo for the thread title. 109 reactions 🎉 I believe it’s your first? Slow cooker surprise for you. Mmmm.

Recap of thread #108

1. Apparently, a ‘concern troll’ emailed her agent. She’s not blacklisted - just look at all her recent employment! Well then, Jack. Time to blacklist that tip jar, isn’t it?
  2. She’s been ‘keeping receipts on [us] lot for a while’. Ah, but Jack, it’s a two-way street, mate. There’s receipts here and all.
  3. She’s so BUSY. Close your Patreon then.
  4. But, but ... she’s not rich! So, uh, don’t forget she has those CCJs! FFS.
  5. She ‘delivered a housing conference’. Here she is.
  6. Her patrons are breaking her first rule of Patreon - Don’t Talk About Her Unfulfilled Patreon Promises.
  7. She just wants to ‘address something that’s quite tiresome’. Personally, the phrase ‘open season for asshats’ makes me think of hats on bums on a nice day out.
  8. She ‘can’t wait’ to show us her Asda haul. So proud. So tiresome.
  9. Jack is to £17.62 Asda shops what Andy Goldsworthy is to nature.
  10. She preemptively answered some FAQs.
  11. ‘Do you find it ages to shop on a budget?’ ‘Yep.’
  12. Suppernanny meets supernanny.
  13. She’s a dangerous liar.
  14. ‘Jesus Christ’, says Jack. ‘Get a life.’ (Oops, that tub of watercress is a little off centre, but you tell him, Jack.)
  15. She only uses bar soap.
  16. Kale is best used as a seasoning, says award-winning food writer Jack Monroe.
  17. Sorry, u wot m8? The trolls can’t get to grips with her.
  18. She laughs at people being triggered by her 55-inch flat screen telly that’s fucking DENTED. BB is not housetrained enough to clean the telly properly. Here’s a picture in case you don’t believe her!
  19. Oh, yummy. Delicious. So tempting. So delightful.

[*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
    ‘I did a chaos’
    ‘My maverick brain’
    ‘My sad little face’
    ‘I’m BUSY’
    ‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
    ‘I laughed up a lung’

**New**
    ‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’
    She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
    [*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*]

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89
I was struggling to sleep last night so I wrote some Jack poetry in the form of haiku because I know how much she loved the bingo discussion. Here are a few for you. If you want to see the rest you have to support me on Patreon at the £10/month tier because I eat a lot of butter.

Maverick chilli
Apply corned beef to grater
Clamato juice sauce

Horse spunk lasagne
It thickens in the oven
Verdict: terrible

Fell under a train
Mediterranean arse
Life-saving buttocks

Rent a bungalow
Cannot plant a hydrangea
Turfed under the stairs

Do not ask questions
Every known experience
Completed it mate

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
"It’s like the still calm and quiet in a disaster movie before something terrible happens." <half an hour later> Goes looking for a fight:

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 09.39.08.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 85

Minky McMoneypenny

I've just been on a twitter grunka and came across this from 2017. Oh, imagine the movie!!! Imagine how much more fantasy could be packed into the sequel if it included the past 3 years' shenanigans.

Who would play the lead? Jack, of course, because she is probably a RADA trained Shakespearean actor too - night classes during her firefighter period.
1606210161936.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
I'm back because she never replied to me - nor did she block me, but blocked the people who voiced similar opinions beneath my original tweets. It's clear I'm too powerful.

Also would just like to repeat... what a tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

ReginaPhalangee

VIP Member
Laughing up a lung at this typo.

In fairness my dad did know a lot about hoes which was one of the many reasons I was brought up by a single mum 😂
I was going to dispute this, my dad knows nothing about hoes😂 he was once propositioned in a hotel lift by a very beautifully dressed lady. She was an ~actual~ sex worker (probably not like Jack) and asked if he’d like some company in his room. He was very flustered and said “oh,er, no my wife is waiting for me upstairs.” Then felt incredibly rude with the silence that lapsed after, so added “but thank you ever so much for asking” 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

Aug1977

It’s abundantly clear she’s firming up defences to prepare for a possible attack. A few high profile people have made comments about Patreons recently. I think the dissent has reached her ears and she’s panicking.

Notice how the narrative is subtly changing. Any criticism of her lifestyle being at odds with her ‘poor persona’, she can now deflect with ‘I’m not claiming to be poor, I’m saving for a home for my boy.’ and anyone that begrudges a child a home is an actual monster, aren’t they? The recipes are coming thick and fast from her blog so nobody can criticize for providing free content and legitimises her Patreon, plus the lists of work shows she’s not actually a grifter is she? She’s had plenty of relevant and recent work - but don’t forget, it’s freelance so it may take a while to get paid.

She’s had a whiff that people are blue tickers are calling her out.

• Heart
Reactions: 82

Pocahontas

VIP Member
She went to the post office and everybody clapped. The postman sniffed her on the way out and doffed his cap. She went home, was bored of her flask of tea and decided to rekindle a spat she was trying get going on Twitter LAST NIGHT. Wonderful.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 81

kachoochoo

VIP Member
How do we feel when Jack makes these sort of statements, that she would want to track down people from Tattle?
honestly, what's she gonna do? turn up at my front door that i never answer to say, "you've been taking this piss out of me on the internet. i'm here to serve you with this cease + desist i've coloured in myself. so now you've got to stop it you ninny!"

• Haha
  • Heart

Minky McMoneypenny

Why can't squiggles notice the holes in Jackie's story?

"I'm shopping frugally because I want to save for my family's future. Every penny counts, to the extent that I'm not buying butter, using lard for cooking and buying smart price items for my son's meals."

Versus
"Who wants a lion bar posting to France today? Monster munch are on me! Can't resist duck eggs! Where's good for snacks in N4?"

Editing to remind myself that I was a squiggle who didn't see the bigger picture. I had a sense of unease, but kept on getting drawn back in. Also reminding myself that I found tattle whilst googling to find the tip jar.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Minky McMoneypenny

Over in another corner of Twitter, @bluestockingmum has been tracking and reporting a serial poverty cosplayer and it's finally led to an arrest - 7 months and 6 scam accounts created by the same person.

#justsayin

Detective Inspector Rob Burns, from the serious fraud and cyber unit, said: “We have seen a big rise in online fraud since the start of the pandemic but this is something a bit new. Online fraudsters can be very convincing and often employ a range of tactics to get people to part with their money. Exploiting people’s sympathy and desire to help is just one method used. You should never pay money to anyone unless you are sure they are legitimate. Many of those who are fooled by fraudsters cannot afford to lose the money and can suffer from serious hardship and emotional distress as a result.”

GRIFT LIFE!
AAAAALLLLLL the tattlers
So many tattlers
And they keep all my receipts
Cos they see through my grift

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 80

Emmapism

VIP Member
You know what Fraus, yay us. Seems like these Patreons will get at least some of what they paid for (hopefully) because this thread exists.

Back in 2017 when the book debacle was happening on Kickstarter, we weren't here. So if you ever doubt the importance of calling out shady people online, don't. Their fear of exposure will force them to do the right thing, where morals and obligation would for us.

• Heart
Reactions: 79