Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @kachoochoo for the thread title. 109 reactions 🎉 I believe it’s your first? Slow cooker surprise for you. Mmmm.

Recap of thread #108

1. Apparently, a ‘concern troll’ emailed her agent. She’s not blacklisted - just look at all her recent employment! Well then, Jack. Time to blacklist that tip jar, isn’t it?
  2. She’s been ‘keeping receipts on [us] lot for a while’. Ah, but Jack, it’s a two-way street, mate. There’s receipts here and all.
  3. She’s so BUSY. Close your Patreon then.
  4. But, but ... she’s not rich! So, uh, don’t forget she has those CCJs! FFS.
  5. She ‘delivered a housing conference’. Here she is.
  6. Her patrons are breaking her first rule of Patreon - Don’t Talk About Her Unfulfilled Patreon Promises.
  7. She just wants to ‘address something that’s quite tiresome’. Personally, the phrase ‘open season for asshats’ makes me think of hats on bums on a nice day out.
  8. She ‘can’t wait’ to show us her Asda haul. So proud. So tiresome.
  9. Jack is to £17.62 Asda shops what Andy Goldsworthy is to nature.
  10. She preemptively answered some FAQs.
  11. ‘Do you find it ages to shop on a budget?’ ‘Yep.’
  12. Suppernanny meets supernanny.
  13. She’s a dangerous liar.
  14. ‘Jesus Christ’, says Jack. ‘Get a life.’ (Oops, that tub of watercress is a little off centre, but you tell him, Jack.)
  15. She only uses bar soap.
  16. Kale is best used as a seasoning, says award-winning food writer Jack Monroe.
  17. Sorry, u wot m8? The trolls can’t get to grips with her.
  18. She laughs at people being triggered by her 55-inch flat screen telly that’s bleeping DENTED. BB is not housetrained enough to clean the telly properly. Here’s a picture in case you don’t believe her!
  19. Oh, yummy. Delicious. So tempting. So delightful.

[*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
    ‘I did a chaos’
    ‘My maverick brain’
    ‘My sad little face’
    ‘I’m BUSY’
    ‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
    ‘I laughed up a lung’

**New**
    ‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’
    She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
    [*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*]

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89
Do people notice that her twitter followers always go up when she does a chaos?

I know people like that but to her more followers equals more donations

Reactions: 23
The hook in the staged television photo adequately expresses how I feel about that triple-threat slop mare she's brewing overnight.

61248839-8BFD-4192-AB58-0548A15E29C5b.jpeg

Stop trying to make kale as a seasoning happen, it's not going to happen. Unless of course you want everything to taste bitter and grassy (and I say this is as a committed kale evangelist). Your son doesn't like it - here's a revolutionary idea: stop giving it to him?? She is truly determined to boil out any life that may be remaining from her poor yellow stickered veg. I wish I could say you didn't die in vain but we all know it's going straight down the drain, or potentially a plant pot when Louisa has to discreetly upend her dish to feign having eaten it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
She's totally giddy because her hilarious tweet about it being a calculator and not cocaine got 1500 likes. The definition of gaslighting when the lady's entire point was that it was a £20 calculator and not a £2 one. Same goes for the other thousands of pounds worth of stuff she photographs regularly. Jack would be the first one to point the same things out if it was Anunziata Rees Mogg or similar. Anyway hope lots have unfollowed after a truly awful Sunday tweet fest. I'm sure Buddle enjoyed watching the smoke fly out of Jack's thumbs all day. Lockdown soon over, is she heading home then or will we be subjected to another bucket load of bullshit about their living arrangements?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Want to say...I don't believe that she makes, as in actually cooks, most of the food (if you can call it that) that she posts online. Most looks congealed, or worse. I think she takes the raw ingredients and bungs them together then makes out they're cooked. Raw egg noodles, anyone? It definitely all gets binned. Get in the bin, food atrocities. And Jackie. Her food would trigger a barf-fest on the scale of Stand By Me...or should that be Vom with Me

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Do any of the cabal have a £3k Smeg fridge? Does it keep veg and fruit, mostly yellowed stickers from turning?

Remember when Jack showed us her store cupboard? It looked like a student on freshers week. Yet she has this narnia of store cupboard ingredients now that she's never had to replace. But it gave us the gift of acnhoiaide so not all is lost.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I am slightly embarrassed to say we have that Ikea bear. Well, my daughter does anyway. It is massive - I worked hard at not wanting her to purchase it but lost.

Glad we have had, amongst the chaos, the confirmation today that she that ‘left’ is now back and they are cozily watching I’m a Celeb together of an evening. So much for the scales falling from her eyes - she is now culpable in the performance art of the “poor ol’ me” cosplay and should be treated with the same level of contempt.

Also glad she has confirmed she isn’t poor after all.

The rest is all so much repetitive hash I simply can’t be bothered to comment.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I suspect her version of ‘the veg is fine’ is very different to mine.

and I actually feel sick at the thought of poached in it’s own defrosting juices. But I hate cooking fish anyway because the smell.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Can other people (mods?) edit posts here? Just checked an earlier post of mine that was “liked” and I am 99% certain it’s changed! Am I going mad?

Reactions: 6
Can other people (mods?) edit posts here? Just checked an earlier post of mine that was “liked” and I am 99% certain it’s changed! Am I going mad?
Yes a mod could they usually leave a little message or notification if they do

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.