Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She went to the post office and everybody clapped. The postman sniffed her on the way out and doffed his cap. She went home, was bored of her flask of tea and decided to rekindle a spat she was trying get going on Twitter LAST NIGHT. Wonderful.
Needless to say, she had the last laugh as the squiggle went awfully quiet 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I'm still on a mini-grunk through the end of the last thread but I'm here for the Cosy Cottage 🙌 going to try a shampoo bar and deo - they must be wondering why so many people have suddenly stumbled onto their website in the last couple of days:D
They're quite close to me, I'll have a look and maybe order

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Definitely not new and not invented by Jack! I often cook macaroni cauliflower cheese for my boys’ dinner (with peas added too because I’m fancy) and while they don’t declare it the tastiest thing they’ve ever eaten, they do sometimes ask for seconds
Do they bounce and shriek while you're dishing it out? And then make "truffling" noises while eating? If not, then you are doing it wrong, I'm afraid.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Ignoring the whole 'I invented it, mate' thing, why would you fry your cauliflower instead of just boiling it with the pasta? And why would you leave cooked pasta in its hot water while you finished other things instead of draining it immediately? Incidentally, here she is making disgusting looking bacon and cauliflower mac and cheese on This Morning. ETA - notice her 'cheese sauce' consists of simply milk and eggs. Amanda even asked whether she should season it and Jack's like 'no, that looks fine'.
2 minutes in and the bacon wasn't even sizzling....

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Can other people (mods?) edit posts here? Just checked an earlier post of mine that was “liked” and I am 99% certain it’s changed! Am I going mad?
Ot sorry for the derail; a post would only be edited if there's a good reason, just checked your posts yesterday and one was edited but by your account.

Hit report on the post if you want a mod to check for sure

Reactions: 17
My dearly departed mother in law was guilty of crimes against food. She used to make cauliflower cheese using a tin of macaroni cheese as the sauce. My husband is still traumatised by it and he hasn't eaten it in 35years.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
FCFF2569-4F79-49FA-A962-14328511A39F.jpeg

This tale smells like BS. Which book is this from and when was it published? Because all we need to do is subtract four years from the publication date, and then triangulate which “major high street fast food chain” launched a very successful cauliflower mac & cheese.

I can’t even think of a chain that would sell something like that, except maybe Pret? Or, Leon 🤣

Either way, it’s total bullshit that Jack casually mentioned it to her consultant friend who then pitched it to the chain and it was launched “weeks” later. It takes months to conceive and launch new menu items (source: a documentary about KFC I watched years ago 🍗).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
View attachment 320947
This tale smells like BS. Which book is this from and when was it published? Because all we need to do is subtract four years from the publication date, and then triangulate which “major high street fast food chain” launched a very successful cauliflower mac & cheese.

I can’t even think of a chain that would sell something like that, except maybe Pret? Or, Leon 🤣

Either way, it’s total bullshit that Jack casually mentioned it to her consultant friend who then pitched it to the chain and it was launched “weeks” later. It takes months to conceive and launch new menu items (source: a documentary about KFC I watched years ago 🍗).
It’s utter bullshit. She’s the culinary equivalent of Jay from the inbetweeners.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
View attachment 320947

I've got a feeling it's Pret. I know which one I'd rather eat...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
View attachment 320947

It definitely Pret, I used to get the cauliflower mac and cheese all the time. There was (and maybe still is, I just no longer work near a Pret) also one with kale. I agree about lead times on product development making this story another Jackanory, but I refer all Frauen and Herren to my previous post as for the killer evidence proving it’s a lie: she does not have friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Ot sorry for the derail; a post would only be edited if there's a good reason, just checked your posts yesterday and one was edited but by your account.

Hit report on the post if you want a mod to check for sure
It was from thread 105 on 16th Nov....but don’t worry...it’s entirely possible (in fact most probable) that I am mistaken, Yel. 😁

Reactions: 11
small point, but it's bugging me. "hellish insecure", "awful quiet." ADVERBS, babe, I like ADVERBS!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Why can't squiggles notice the holes in Jackie's story?

"I'm shopping frugally because I want to save for my family's future. Every penny counts, to the extent that I'm not buying butter, using lard for cooking and buying smart price items for my son's meals."

Versus
"Who wants a lion bar posting to France today? Monster munch are on me! Can't resist duck eggs! Where's good for snacks in N4?"

Editing to remind myself that I was a squiggle who didn't see the bigger picture. I had a sense of unease, but kept on getting drawn back in. Also reminding myself that I found tattle whilst googling to find the tip jar.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.