Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they are back together on the down-low.
'Our hose..' You don't jointly own tit with someone you are 'bubbling' with.
Babe, same x

There have been an increasing number of posts with "our" and yesterday it was just the office with a horizontal thinking pod - not a bedroom and office.

Really looking forward to Thursday. I have a very long, very dull Teams call where I say little so please Jack check my calendar to coordinate our schedules!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So many of the scenes just write themselves

Jack trudging through the rain, clutching son's hand, as she goes from shop to shop to ask for work, each time being dismissed with a wordless shaking of the head.

Jack sadly unscrewing light bulbs and unplugging the fridge, as sb, dressed in faded, too small clothing lisps 'bwead an jam mama wan bwead an jam'

Jack laboriously typing out her hunger hurts on her trusty Nokia.

Jack being discovered and making her first trip to London. Looking round wide eyed in amazement - 'Lunnon, ain't never been to Lunnon before!, couldn't never afford it. Lummee! It's so big and noisy!

Jack being taken out to eat by her publisher, hilarity ensues when she plays knees up mother brown on the posh piano.
Of course her route round London takes in all the big landmarks! Jack is such a rube that when the bus passes Buckinham Palace she gets up and salutes whilst excitedly yelping GOD SAVE THE QUEEN. Little does she know in a few short months the Queens grandson will sidle up to her with some whispered advice about handling the press.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
This reply is one level away from 'I paid for a shop in cash, so essentially it was free because I didn't use my bank card'. It creates such an incomplete narrative. I'm sure she's aware from her intense Wikipedia odysseys that, of course, meal prep is cheaper and easier when you can afford to maintain a well-stocked store cupboard or pantry. The way I see it is, if she was actually transparent about these £20 shops, it wouldn't be special, because that's how a lot of people shop in this country - just buying the fresh bits as and when needed and always having the dried goods in the cupboard. But no. It's got to have some kind of narrative behind it. I think Jack could do well if she did 'versions' of a meal, maybe like a skinted vs minted thing and could talk through good alternatives and thrifty swaps?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
How do we feel when Jack makes these sort of statements, that she would want to track down people from Tattle?
Like vampires and garlic, the smell of tasty food wafting through the windows would prevent her from crossing the threshold

• Haha
Reactions: 34
How do we feel when Jack makes these sort of statements, that she would want to track down people from Tattle?
honestly, what's she gonna do? turn up at my front door that i never answer to say, "you've been taking this piss out of me on the internet. i'm here to serve you with this cease + desist i've coloured in myself. so now you've got to stop it you ninny!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

She's welcome to knock on my door...my teenager tested positive for COVID last week so we are all self isolating.

Welcome Jack...we are home and potentially infectious, come on in.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
"I do have some flour and frozen veg"

And jam, squirty cream, miso butter aubergine, grapefruit squash, bags and bags of oats, endless bleeping vats of espresso, tea and coconut milk, dip dabs, green lentils, frozen cod, pearl barley, shortbread biscuits, icing sugar, decorations, beetroot horseradish, gherkins, frozen peas and the ingredients for mince pie and custard donuts.

That's just off the top of my head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
She'd love us to think she can track us down and be frightened because we've done something actionable which of course no one has. She's a weak person so she loves to hide behind authority and she's desperate to recreate her career peak of suing Hopkins. The problem for her is that people only enjoyed that because Hopkins is so obviously loathsome. Jack suing some member of the public wouldn't play anything like as well for her. I've said it before but I would honestly pass out laughing if Jack went to the police or courts because she's been called a wank on the internet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
She'd love us to think she can track us down and be frightened because we've done something actionable which of course no one has. She's a weak person so she loves to hide behind authority and she's desperate to recreate her career peak of suing Hopkins. The problem for her is that people only enjoyed that because Hopkins is so obviously loathsome. Jack suing some member of the public wouldn't play anything like as well for her. I've said it before but I would honestly pass out laughing if Jack went to the police or courts because she's been called a wank on the internet.
Plus it could be rather awkward for her to have all of her behaviour discussed, with the accompanying receipts...

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I would love to see barristers discussing whether the texture of her slow-cooker wonders justifies being called slop! One for the history books.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Was there ever a full round up of the October £20 receipts? Because I’m sure milk and juice couldn’t have been added on (and there’s no spare for it this month either).
What happened to the rest of the duck eggs? This is what’s so tit - it’s all meaningless unless we know exactly what these yellow sticker rations actually make.

Reactions: 32
Can she not see that the £20 shop becomes completely meaningless and totally farcical when you have well over a hundred pounds worth of food and an enormous spice collection sat in your cupboards, fridges and freezers already to dip into as and when? How can she be so thick as to not understand people's problem with its validity?

Reactions: 46
Plus it could be rather awkward for her to have all of her behaviour discussed, with the accompanying receipts...
Exactly, I was rooting around archives of her Twitter feed the other day and she'd shared a screenshot of a horrible transphobic message some hole had sent her. She had no qualms about naming and shaming that egregious twit but is reduced to making lame threats without naming us because she's shitting herself about anyone seeing the receipts. If we were just trolls she'd never be done directing flying monkeys our way.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.