Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She'll change her Twitter ID again soon enough, cos ADHD!
And it's coming up to Christmas, innit? Could be Jack Monrohohoho or maybe Slop Cratchit.

I'll get me coat..

• Haha
Reactions: 64
How it began...

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 16.58.46.png

How it went...

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 16.53.46.png

The gap between what Jack says and reality grows ever wider. It's quite, quite something to state in public that you're off to prep then appear with no visible signs of preparation whatsoever. I suppose we should just be grateful she managed to put clothes on at all.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 93
Here is screenshot!
My narc parent does this. Dresses very scruffily at inappropriate times. Also very capable of looking immaculately turned out when it suits. I am no expert. Just pointing out a similarity I have noticed. For me it is ego driven - I don't have to make any effort because I am wonderful.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
How it began...

View attachment 319088

How it went...

View attachment 319089

The gap between what Jack says and reality grows ever wider. It's quite, quite something to state in public that you're off to prep then appear with no visible signs of preparation whatsoever. I suppose we should just be grateful she managed to put clothes on at all.
I don't know why but this pic made me think of Roz from Monsters Inc 🙈😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I'm still laughing at tech runs 😂 So pompous.

'Anyway I'm off to do something you mere mortals WISH you could do! Take 5 mins to set up my Zoom for...a......housing......conference'

• Haha
Reactions: 75
Yesssss! It’s quite weird how toad-like she looks on screen after all of the extremely filtered selfies she posts.
I think that's it, we are so used to the facetuned and filtered images that real life face is a shock. Like with Lauren Goodger and Khloe Kardashian. They look like completely different humans!

Reactions: 37
I wonder if bb was chilling to nextlix after her Busy week of actually working.

For goodness sake isn't she familiar with the body of work of the person she is bubbling with.

Some people never learn.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think the face tuning thing is one of the least offensive things she does. Some of the young women I have worked with in the past (aged 17-25) are completely unrecognisable when they put their make up on and social media posts up. It’s sort of funny seeing the “before and after” but also a sad indictment of the expectations put on them. Also, the lip filler thing is everywhere - two of the girls I know had it done and it was not good but another woman I know in her 40s was transformed by a couple of Botox sesssions and a minimal bit of lip filler. Her clinic was a lot more expensive though, and there is a waiting list for his work...the younger girls had it done on the cheap and it definitely showed.

Of course, spending winter fuel payments and universal credit payments from skint people is abhorrent - the treatment and twatting about with filters in and of itself is just normal now.

Reactions: 35
Isn’t that ‘housing conference’ a glorified residents’ zoom quiz night?
It’s hardly a conference. It’s more like “An afternoon with Alan Partridge” (the one where he did a Q&A with an audience of bored pensioners in a terrible hotel conference room). Jack has massively oversold this.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
My narc parent does this. Dresses very scruffily at inappropriate times. Also very capable of looking immaculately turned out when it suits. I am no expert. Just pointing out a similarity I have noticed. For me it is ego driven - I don't have to make any effort because I am wonderful.

It's also 'I don't have to make any effort because you aren't worth it'. As per people such as the vaguely creepy Tory Boy I used to live near and was friends with his wife (who was, in all fairness, lovely) - everything that mattered to her, whether personal or work related, he showed up in board shorts, a creased Hawaiian shirt and flipflops, even in winter. But once he decided he wanted to become a Tory councillor, it was Armani suits all the way.

Or my mother, who turned up to her own son's funeral in a grey teddy bear fleece jacket and knackered black leggings, but for her trips to the doctor where people who mattered might see her when trying to get another prescription for opiates it was a clean skirt, a usually fresh out the packet top, hair done and lipstick on.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I think the face tuning thing is one of the least offensive things she does. Some of the young women I have worked with in the past (aged 17-25) are completely unrecognisable when they put their make up on and social media posts up. It’s sort of funny seeing the “before and after” but also a sad indictment of the expectations put on them. Also, the lip filler thing is everywhere - two of the girls I know had it done and it was not good but another woman I know in her 40s was transformed by a couple of Botox sesssions and a minimal bit of lip filler. Her clinic was a lot more expensive though, and there is a waiting list for his work...the younger girls had it done on the cheap and it definitely showed.

Of course, spending winter fuel payments and universal credit payments from skint people is abhorrent - the treatment and twatting about with filters in and of itself is just normal now.
The offensive part is saying it's just good lighting and pink curtains or something similarly ridiculous meanwhile condoning weight loss apps or similar for their detrimental effects on mental health

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.