Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone think it just makes a mockery of people who are living in real poverty living on little to nothing with her forced £20 budget moaning she can’t buy butter, we know she not living in the same situation she was apparently years ago there is no need for the faux pretence.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Grunkaing through the end of #108 and ordered myself a shampoo bar from Cosy Cottage. I've wanted to try shampoo bars for ages and the recommendations plus a good price point won me over!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
beet burgers. firstly, just because it sounds like beef doesn't make it a good replacement for beef. secondly, that mixture sounds so wet i can't imagine those even hold together once you take it off the tray. Thirdly, why are there big chunks of sweetcorn when sweetcorn isn't mentioned in the recipe? no pocket money for you today, jackie View attachment 321444
You meanie, you. Smol smol Jack is being very good in her ickle room in the attic with her teeny tiny arthritic fingers typing out all the nice things for the poors so that they can have nice things for their tea.
Watch out or she'll call Daddy and tell him about you.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Such a pointless ‘economy of the truth’. Why not just say how much it really was and emphasise the amount saved in gas or electricity by slow cooking?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Does anyone think it just makes a mockery of people who are living in real poverty living on little to nothing with her forced £20 budget moaning she can’t buy butter, we know she not living in the same situation she was apparently years ago there is no need for the faux pretence.
It's interesting, I was just looking back on her archive in Wayback Machine and it's full of references to struggling financially, particularly earlier in the year. Pre Covid and pre SHE LEFT! The only reason she's now making a big huffy song and dance about just being frugal rather than poor is that she's shitting herself about being rumbled for her begging in the very recent past. There will be people, particularly at the lower tiers who will have been kicking in to her Patreon because they believed she was struggling and have left the payment running on.

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 19.16.47.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I just want to say that whilst her doctorate might be honourary the skills you lot display on the daily absolutely floor me, from triangulation to search engine optimisation to luxury goods tracking, you're flippin' awesome.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Such a pointless ‘economy of the truth’. Why not just say how much it really was and emphasise the amount saved in gas or electricity by slow cooking?

are you really gonna save that much if the thing's on for 3 days at a time though?

eta come to think of it, the chicken stock was in a different slow cooker, wasn't it? it's probably still there 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
lol sorry I didn't last very long but I had a glass of wine and was still pissed off. Goodbye for now!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Those beet burgers remind me of when I went to a vegan place and they did ‘mushroom burgers’. Which were a grilled mushroom in a bun.
What a load of old tit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
It's interesting, I was just looking back on her archive in Wayback Machine and it's full of references to struggling financially, particularly earlier in the year. Pre Covid and pre SHE LEFT! The only reason she's now making a big huffy song and dance about just being frugal rather than poor is that she's shitting herself about being rumbled for her begging in the very recent past. There will be people, particularly at the lower tiers who will have been kicking in to her Patreon because they believed she was struggling and have left the payment running on.

View attachment 321523
Well gee, just scraping by on a living wage (that you pay yourself, to save for a house)

Reactions: 29
Grunkaing through the end of #108 and ordered myself a shampoo bar from Cosy Cottage. I've wanted to try shampoo bars for ages and the recommendations plus a good price point won me over!
I bought some Cosy Cottage soaps as well. Thanks to whoever recommended it!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She probably bought it from her mum and dad and ITS GOT A DENT IN ITTTTT!!!!!

I vaguely remember her getting it shortly after moving in to the Palace of Dreams/crappy bungalow. I looked it up as I was looking for a slow cooker at the time and it was far too expensive at over a hundred - I'm thinking around £130 at the time on Amazon - compared to getting three bog standard full size Swan ones for £22 a pop. (I got a smaller one secondhand for a fiver instead).

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.