Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1765216B-9576-498B-8AEF-ABFF587C832D.jpeg

Hold up. I thought she had a strong strong coffee EVERY MORNING, sometimes with a good glug of curdled milk. 🤔

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 75
a quick tally shows that there is an appropriate amount and variety of fruit and veg , so not going to quibble on that.

But hardly of protein, especially for one vegetarian and one piscearian, no tea or coffee, only one yoghurt, nothing for the store cupboard, unless she has a magic store cupboard to go with the magic puddle, they will need replacing. Again no hygiene or cleaning products. Vegetarian sausages? I thought she made her own cheaper?

Scones, I can make a batch of scones in 15 minutes start to finish for less (flour, cheap or home made youghurt, cheap fizzy water or lemonade) from a bbc good food recipe.

Only thing this proves is that you can't do shop on £20.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
She needs to sort it out now really. It's not fair to those people. She needs to get her assistant on it or put one day of her week aside for solely patron stuff.

Imagine how she would feel if it was something she had bought that wasn't coming she's be pretty upset I bet.

Reactions: 27
Just parking these here before she deletes them.

Also, we now have it in black and white that she's ~ not poor ~
View attachment 320033
God, Jack, loads of people move around lots. Some for far worse reasons than that. Women in refuges. Kids in care. Refugees from abroad. No one cares that you can't grow a hydrangea (speaking of which, why can't she? My landlord never has had a problem with us using the garden as...a garden. I can't think of a reason why she couldn't apart from if she was a tit gardener.)

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Something tells me that the head of Channel 4 news isn't sitting in the C4 HQ staff room with her Smartprice mayo/mandarin/egg sandwich filler and a packet of maize snacks

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 86
C6C2BC12-380E-4ED7-90D4-54D612327D1F.jpeg

“Yep”. Now would you mind bleeping off Squiggle? There could be a blue-ticker waiting to benefit from some misused adjectives and poverty cos-play (I’m NOT poor). Oh and, as usual, don’t let the tip-jar pass you by on the way out. Thankyou.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
48103A1B-90BA-4002-8F2E-E7B8966BED79.jpeg

(This is to ‘nothing to celebrate’ squiggle btw)

The real SupperNanny!!
EC0E6516-88D4-43E4-B38E-C910B9C0136D.jpeg
4E121ABF-8B17-4E06-A32D-D63D10C804BE.jpeg
39092C6C-ABB2-4604-91CF-B383F157360A.jpeg

55EFCCC9-B1AA-4056-9CBC-EF381375F73C.jpeg
AB14383F-44CF-4A5C-AC62-E614DB92500A.jpeg

‘They were out’ drives me bloody nuts. They didn’t have any!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Very little food posted from her lately apart from those thick congealed looking cups of 'soup'. What do they actually eat? What happened to the daily cookery lesson? Sigh

Reactions: 26
Jesus Christ this is dull. It's a wonder you don't have 20 TV shows with tweets like these.

What job? You've just admitted that you're doing this because despite having LOADS on, you can't manage your money and apparently need to do £20 weekly shops.

Reactions: 30
She really confuses me. My mum owned her house but as since sold it and is currently living in what was her husbands house after my dad passed.

There is a fair chance the house will be passed on to me and my siblings but again maybe not. My mum and her husband might think duck it as go on a round the world cruise. Honestly I don't care, my mom looked after us and sacrificed so much bring us up ( because she wanted to) the now as an adult I don't not want or need anything from her anymore.

Perhaps she be best to remember that your parents house isn't your house or your siblings once you leave it. I am sure like myself you're always welcome back if you need to do back but it should not be promised to you when they die, as they worked hard for it, sacrificed stuff to ensure they had it for you growing up, so let them enjoy it in their twilight years and if that means selling it and blowing the money then let them.

Ps I don't think she is expecting her parents house it's more just food for thought regarding her kids security comments.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
She is such a liar.

We have milk and juice delivered. It is expensive, but it is one of our luxuries, but if I was on a tight budget it would be the first thing to go. No way is it included in the £20.

she is still peddling this bollocks about having stuff left over from her previous £20 shops.

And six eggs between three people? You can duck off with that.

and one loaf of bread is one slice per day per person.

Eta: and Jo Frost can duck off as well. with her, If only the povs weren't so bad at budgeting, like she has ever done a famiy shop for £20. And I thought Jack didn't want her budget cooking being used to tell the povs it was their fault, except when it comes from a blue ticker, then it's ok .Why isn't she calling JF gammon?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
This is definitely my least favourite Jack. By miles. As if Sunday evening isn’t depressing enough. There’s so many untruths, things that don’t add up and general omissions from these shops that I can’t even be bothered to go through and list them.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.