Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another fair to Jack Post. Mr Mirror asked me why we go after Jack when the government give their mates multi billion contracts which they screw up and isn't she small fry compared to them. I told him about the grifting etc but it made me think. A lot. But you guys have got me through lock down with the lols.
I guess because she's like a microcosm of that kind of behaviour? It's hard to see the direct effect of 'big people' behaviour, but with Jack, it's like looking through a microscope. We've seen her directly hurt people (winter fuel lady, etc) and we've seen how Tory types have used her recipes to make a claim that it's definitely possible to eat for so little, despite the fact it's just...not.

She'd illustrative of the bigger problem.

And she's also fairly despicable. I think it's important to hold individuals to account, if we don't, how will anything bigger ever get solved?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Bacon and veg sandwiches? What is this nightmare she speaks of? Grated veg no less.

What about toothpaste? Remember when she was growing her long Greek hair and she used every product known to man?

Cat food. Rabbit food. Sanitary products.

She could buy some eco balls and get more for her money for her washing. All this I use bar soap and half a scoop of washing powder. She is fooling no one.

She’s basically bought a bag of veg and a chicken and a few veggie sausages. God knows why she’s crowing.

Attachments

Reactions: 24
.........why in the ever loving duck is she putting mushrooms into a Chicken tikka masala? (I'm assuming she'll use the spices obviously)

(I'm Indian, this hurts me, this reminds me of the time she put peaches into a chickpea curry, or as I like to call it chana dhal)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
Kale belongs in mashed potatoes with sweet steamed carrots or swede, salty gravy and something full of sage and/or meat, stirfried with mushrooms/beansprouts/courgette/peppers/carrot ribbons, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli to go with marinated chicken/Tofu/pork/beef strips and a big blob of bean paste/gochuchang/hoisin/plum sauce and sesame seeds, baked in the oven with oil, chilli flakes and sea salt, shredded finely and added to a chickpea and butternut squash 'masala' (slow cooked until brown onions, garlic, ginger, turmeric, the C spices (cumin, coriander, cinnamon, chilli, etc) tomato puree, tin of tomatoes) with some Tamarind paste or Mango chutney - or ANYTHING rather than what THAT is supposed to be. Any why waste mushrooms? They'd be a separate dish in my house.

It's not nori sprinkles and should never be presented as a manky pondwater sludge, as it'll just add the strong flavour (which can be also fishy, due to the high concentration of Iodine in it) and grittiness without any of the freshness. You need some sweetness/some lightness/some heat to complement it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
There needs to be a side by side of the lies.

“I use Smartprice soap”
Exhibit A: photo of her gifted skincare.

“I use basic washing-up liquid”
Exhibit B: photo of her well-stocked sink area.

Etc, etc.
I have been saying the same thing for months!

Reactions: 23
The absolute bleeping nerve of her to smugly suggest ‘most’ people wouldn’t be able to budget shop like she can.

Oh no , Jack’s not hard work at all🙄, just a manipulative, duplicitous adult who thinks the world owes her a favour and a house.

Look in the mirror Jack, you’re a fraud with a giant ego.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
was just thinking, didn't the lowest tier of her patreon use to say that they'd be helping her keep her store cupboard stocked for recipe inspiration? which would negate any need for her to be shopping frugally to save for a house. it no longer does.

maybe I should tick patreon update off the list due to her removing that?

also, regarding thread titles, I know I said it too early, but 109 reactions for Jack Monroe's Network Bandwidth Is Low. give the people what they want!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Pop
What? Seven fifty for soap! I buy the Baylis and Harding, when it’s on offer.
Tbf during the last lockdown my husband was at Waitrose looking for soap as he thought people wouldnt have panic bought there. The only soap left was like seven quid unsure of brand. Reader he didn't buy it. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 32
@Yel Are there any repercussions of a Twitter account, not directly @‘ing her but holding her words and the contradicting tweet side by side?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I know. She makes me miserable. Not even angry anymore as it’s impotent. They can’t see the wood for the trees and we’re nasty trolls. People would be so, so miserable wondering why they can’t seem to do this and she can. I actually despise her.
Agreed with both of you. Worst Jack incarnation ever. Selfish, dangerous, horrible woman.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.