Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can she carry over all these chocolate bars? Also, half the bread is now accounted for for SB's lunches, so she has about 9 slices (a medium sliced loaf has on average 19 slices) left for breakfast lunches and after school snacks for THREE people? We don't eat much bread, as my husband has a gluten allergy, but even we go through one large loaf a week and my kids don't have packed lunch and eat mainly porridge for breakfast.

19 slices for one adult and two kids:

6 slices for Saturday lunch sandwiches (= 3 sandwiches)
2 slices for one sandwich for me during the week
6 slices for one breakfast (=2 slices of toast once a week for three people)
4 slices for after school snacks (=1 slice of toast, twice a week for two children)

That leaves one slice 'left over'. It isn't left over, of course, as one of us will have it for breakfast at some point, or with dinner, or whatever.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Agreed with both of you. Worst Jack incarnation ever. Selfish, dangerous, horrible woman.
This will never end will it? 😔

I have resorted to watching old episodes of Professional Masterchef on Netflix in a vain attempt to cheer myself up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I’m having to stop myself from replying to her tweet about the calculator.

I’ve never felt triggered in the way people do on this thread since Pretzel, but she is a bleeping dangerous twit, how was the squiggle meant to know the calculator was bought years ago? It was strategically placed in the photo earlier this week so that Tattle would question the cost and she would be able to jump down someones throat on Twitter. She really is that calculating.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Pop

Tbf during the last lockdown my husband was at Waitrose looking for soap as he thought people wouldnt have panic bought there. The only soap left was like seven quid unsure of brand. Reader he didn't buy it. 😂
I bought a litre bottle of Tesco shower gel or bubble bath (can't remember which) for a quid and used it to refill our bottles!

Why does she buy the same crap every week?

More tit sausages, bacon, cheap cream cheese and god knows what chicken for £1 for her child, more kale and the same fruit selection.

Jack, go and buy your child some fish fingers (the decent ones, not the mushed up smart price ones) or a bit of steak. Make him some chips to go along with it and give him a nice posh dessert.

You can hardly produce inspiring recipes people want to eat with the same old tit every week.

I'm a member of a group called feed yourself for £1 a day, I'm constantly amazed by the ingenuity and imagination people show there.

I know I'm late to the party but the letters after the name thing pisses me off, I've only seen one other person in the autistic community use it. Jack has left off a few labels like SEVERE PTSD, SEVERE depression,addict and god knows what else she can dredge up.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
You did the right thing JCC - I’d hate to know my daughter was struggling when I could help, and I hope I’d find out if she was too proud or embarrassed to tell me herself. (She’s eleven at the moment, but still...)
Yes, exactly the right thing! And she will thank you for it later. I would hate to think my daughter was that desperate and her friend that knew didn't tell me

• Heart
Reactions: 38
*posts picture of huge stack of unpaid bills*
*scampers off on an impulsive, expensive Edinburgh trip mere weeks after publicly wailing about not being able to pay your assistant's wages*
*buys £400 hammocks*

So sensible, much cautious.

Also, hi Jack! I'd love it if you addressed the following on your Twitter: could you or could you not have asked your comfortable middle class parents for help at any time during your poverty stint? How do you think it makes them feel when you post about having to sell lightbulbs and your own body in order to feed your child? Is it not the case that his dad was supportive and always very much on the scene? Thankyou, now duck off you absolute bellend x

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I don’t even think if I won millions on the lottery I could spend this much on hand soap. I feel flash buying Carex.
I'm tit with money and a complete spendthrift but even I draw the line at spending £7.50 on bleeping handwash?!

Superdrug own brand all the way on all my bathroom products. Great value, vegan and cruelty free.

ETA Astonish is also AMAZING for cleaning products. Again. vegan, cruelty-free and incredible price point.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
How DARE you! She treated herself to that Fairy liquid TWO years ago when she had TWO incomes.
Actually I love fairy, and I think it's worth paying a bit more for, I have a dishwasher so don't do a lot of hand washing up, but a bottle of fairy started at the start of lockdown 1 lasted almost until lockdown 2 (it was a litre bottle of an obscure fragrance from home bargains!)

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.