Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At this point she probably could skip a week and save herself £20 as she has so much already in her cupboards plus all those frozen batch cooked meals she hasn’t eaten yet. Seems a bit silly to keep spending £20 and making so many leftovers but not eating them. Unless...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
We never have biscuits in but we often bake them and cakes. I also buy either a tub of ice-cream, make your own jelly or ice lollies. Just plain juice ones( we used to make our own but the mould broke and I haven't seen another one to buy recently.
We grew up not poor but not a lot of spare cash either. My parents prioritised our mortgage, heat (to an extent - after wed all put a jumper and slippers on!), good, nourishing simple food, and proper shoes over everything.

Id have less of a problem with the poverty p*rn if she didn't have so much sodding posh crap in the house. If she's NOT actually poor guys would it KILL her to spend an extra £4-5 a week on some NICE food? I get having to stretch your budget. But even we had cheap biscuits for a treat after tea, or mum would spoil us with a homemade syrup sponge on a friday.

Her priorities sound good but actually they're skewed - especially when she's only feeding her kid half the week. Hope he gets fattened up at his dads!

EDIt - typos (sticky keyboard, sorry...)

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Urgh, she drives me mad with this ‘sporty preteen and two active adults’ business. SB is there half the week, if that, and she’s said Louisa’s there four nights as well. Fruit doesn’t ‘carry over’. If she was really feeding three of them full time on £20, the would be NO store cupboard basics and bursting freezers. NO milk and juice deliveries, duck eggs, mussels, pomegranates, and fancy cheeses.
Here’s the basic washing up liquid. That hand wash isn’t basic either.

Attachments

Reactions: 62
View attachment 320268
Grocery tetris? Yeah, completed it, mate.
Only since she added ADHD into her by-line. My boyfriend (who actually has high function ASD) would not cope in her house filled with mismatched sideboards and THAT KITCHEN.

Urgh, she drives me mad with this ‘sporty preteen and two active adults’ business. SB is there half the week, if that, and she’s said Louisa’s there four nights as well. Fruit doesn’t ‘carry over’. If she was really feeding three of them full time on £20, the would be NO store cupboard basics and bursting freezers. NO milk and juice deliveries, duck eggs, mussels, pomegranates, and fancy cheeses.
Bet Louisa brings the Waitrose 'dine in for 2' deals with her....

• Angry
Reactions: 34
You did the right thing JCC - I’d hate to know my daughter was struggling when I could help, and I hope I’d find out if she was too proud or embarrassed to tell me herself. (She’s eleven at the moment, but still...)

• Heart
Reactions: 50
She's backing herself into an angry corner. She'll have a raging meltdown before bedtime
So true! And that reminds me, our dear heart @Pocahontas is taking a well earned break from the recaps, is anyone keeping track, since we’re not far off the end of this thread now? Thankfully “We played bingo” covers around half of it this time ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
The mysterious non-cooking, vegetarian, cycling mad housemate is beating me on mileage this week! As a guide, I'm doing 150-200 miles a week. Currently trying to shed a few kgs, but still eating 2500 a day. If I was maintaining my weight, 2750. Not much calorie dense food in there to sustain that output

• Heart
Reactions: 41
How DARE you! She treated herself to that Fairy liquid TWO years ago when she had TWO incomes.

• Haha
Reactions: 85
So true! And that reminds me, our dear heart @Pocahontas is taking a well earned break from the recaps, is anyone keeping track, since were not far off the end of this thread now? Thankfully “We played bingo” covers around half of it this time ;)
Thread title #109, surely?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
The soaptruther pics are so bleeping petty but my god are they satisfying. Why do you lie about this tit Jack? I mean "Jesus Christ get a life" is all well and good for the likes of us, but there are vulnerable people eating up every bullshit riddled sentence you fling out and wondering why they are failing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Rank and rotting, bananas etc do not last weeks on end 🙄 life sure is different in mackie land. Reduced fruit and veg magically lasting weeks, empty food containers (again not costed) in the freezer miraculously full. Nobody uses soap, toothpaste, shower gel, deodorant, toilet roll. Nobody does any laundry.

I can shop for £20 but that is just me, and I do buy yellow stickers, but some weeks it is more. I certainly wouldn’t buy the low quality crap she buys, I would rather go without.
We regularly yellow sticker shop and I have yet to see reduced fruit that would last all.week.

Reactions: 29
View attachment 320187
(This is to ‘nothing to celebrate’ squiggle btw)

The real SupperNanny!!View attachment 320192View attachment 320193View attachment 320194

View attachment 320195View attachment 320196
‘They were out’ drives me bloody nuts. They didn’t have any!!
I don't understand how she always has fruit and veg left, when her shop just covers the five portions of fruit and veg per day that is the MINIMUM amount we should eat for good health. You can't claim your shop meets the minimum nutritional needs, but then not eat it. Only fruit and veg you consume counts towards your five a day, not fruit and veg in your fridge, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Well she’s given it away with the (one cycles for 200 miles per week) that it’s definitely Louisa.

And I have NEVER seen her purchase white fish (I’ve just bought two pieces of cod for £3.90 so a huge chunk of her budget) or fish fingers in these shops. She’s a bleeping liar.

🙄🙄🙄
Bet the long distance cycler (Lousia, obvs) has a very active Amazon Prime Now and Waitrose account. I've done it when Mr D and his ED make the catering less regular, palatable or filling than needed - I've had a fortnight's worth of things delivered to the office, including ding dinners, so I don't keel over before now. Cyclists desperately need to have more calories to fuel them, as not having enough to eat means their perception and balance can be affected; it doesn't take much to combine that with a dickish lorry driver in the dark and rain to become yet another statistic.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Had to stop us from talking about her patreon, didn’t she? How awful for her parents to say she’s never felt secure. Cowbag. Dangerous, awful, horrible woman View attachment 320060
Is this not what most people do anyway? Without having to do an 'inventory'? You don't buy exactly the same things every single week, you shop for what you're short on or have run out of, plus anything different you might need. I'm still not sure that explains how she's only having to spend twenty pounds a week to feed two. It's just not feasible.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.