Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like that, @Lanie . 'Be fair' is a much better adage than 'be kind' (especially when compared to '#bekind' as the moment the magic # is added, all reason is lost.)
Growing up in northern Ireland and seeing all the stigma around religion always annoyed me. I remember going on integrated trips and seeing children from different backgrounds and realising they they were not much different from me apart from they worshipped a bit differently. I decided then that I would take everyone at face value until I could form a proper opinion of the and there what I have done my whole life since. Being kind is important, but I also think being fair is just as important to ensure everyone getstreated equally and not just because of status, religion etc.

I think she promotes the be kind motto but not the fair one.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
That is supposed to feed 4. I can't be arsed to work out the calorific and nutritional values, but there's no way on earth that is enough for 4 people. Unless it is served with other, uncosted, extras, bread, pasta, rice, side salad, green beans etc.
It's about 100 calories - if you have the optional 1tbsp of oil shared between 4, about 70-80 per serving if not.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Terrible

I watched this clip back in the day and it’s so weird, as soon as I started watching it again, I jumped right back to being in full lockdown. It was a weird feeling. That quickly passed once Jack started though and I was agog at her amateurish ways...again
Just watched it for the first time and... it’s truly awful. So stilted, so nervous (tbh I would be too doing a live tv segment but I don’t profess to be a presenter).

‘Grate’ job indeed, Jack.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Is being a station captain a ‘working class’ job. I imagine you have to do a lot of qualifications on the job to do it. It seems to be paid similar to a senior teacher.
I also think there would be a good pension.

Reactions: 13
It's about 100 calories - if you have the optional 1tbsp of oil shared between 4, about 70-80 per serving if not.
That is the most dangerous part of her recipes. If people think that this represents a meal they would be severely malnourished following her meal plans for any length of time. Not to mention they would be ravenously hungry constantly.

It is a conversation that the Trussel Trust should be having with her. Her alarmingly unhealthy meals should be nowhere near their charity. If she is to be an ambassador for them, she should at least be educated in nutrition before offering advice to service users. She has no qualifications in nutrition, but is handing out advice willy nilly.

Her recipes have a cost per portion, but no nutritional breakdown, or calorie content that is required on the packaging of ready meals. Most recipes books these days have at least calories per portion.

That three tin tender recipe has 40g of sugar, more than the maximum daily allowance, and it says it serves one as a main course.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
The thing is you have to laugh sometimes or else you would cry. Life's hard and everyone has their own struggles.

I don't deny she struggles but she shouldn't pull everyone else down who's doing well for themselves.

My mum always said treat others how you would like to be treated. I try to be fair to everyone.
but mackie NEVER considers anybody else, ever, the mere existence of other people totally eludes her

Vlad, the all seeing 😆

Vlad also sends cats....always there for us

Reactions: 18
This is amazing thank you so much for posting.
My pleasure, HJP’s such a good writer. It’s too late to edit the original post now, but I realised that I accidentally referred to Hattie as “Hannah”, doh!

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Tinned potato gnocchi! What a great idea. I don't like Miguel Barclay but I think he's talented at cheap tasty meals for sure. You don't need to love someone to appreciate a talent they have.

Unfortunately for Jack she is neither likable nor talented so.....here we all are! 😂
I'm my regular ' be fair to Jack ' post, I feel obliged to point out that Jack suggested using tinned potatoes FIRST. (2014)

Well, before Miguel anyway. I doubt she was the first person to do it.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I love that you’re already indoctrinating the baby into the world of non-slop. Even the Sesame Street muppet gang like a bit of crunch with their laconic love in 😅
The Cookie Monster has a food truck these days, JM must be fewmin he’s on the roads and she’s not got the keys to the family Land Rover. Let’s hope he’s not a home owner nd all else limegoss will have quite the write up to be doing

• Haha
Reactions: 21
That is the most dangerous part of her recipes. If people think that this represents a meal they would be severely malnourished following her meal plans for any length of time. Not to mention they would be ravenously hungry constantly.

It is a conversation that the Trussel Trust should be having with her. Her alarmingly unhealthy meals should be nowhere near their charity. If she is to be an ambassador for them, she should at least be educated in nutrition before offering advice to service users. She has no qualifications in nutrition, but is handing out advice willy nilly.

Her recipes have a cost per portion, but no nutritional breakdown, or calorie content that is required on the packaging of ready meals. Most recipes books these days have at least calories per portion.

That three tin tender recipe has 40g of sugar, more than the maximum daily allowance, and it says it serves one as a main course.
Were any of her now legendary four and a HALF GCSE's in Food Tech?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Just watched it for the first time and... it’s truly awful. So stilted, so nervous (tbh I would be too doing a live tv segment but I don’t profess to be a presenter).

‘Grate’ job indeed, Jack.
I just watched again as I wondered if my memory had made it worse than it actually was. Wrong - it was even more awkward than I remembered and I spotted new buttock clenching treats - the way Jack kept saying the dish was 'super easy' and 'the work of seconds' whilst demonstrating the opposite. Ruth's nervous 'so the courgette goes on raw?' as Jack grated strips the size and girth of a cow's tongue and Eamonn's stony silence at Jack's rather desperate attempts to be self deprecating.
And after this catastrophe she says she is in talks to go back to TM? Nah.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I'm my regular ' be fair to Jack ' post, I feel obliged to point out that Jack suggested using tinned potatoes FIRST. (2014)

Well, before Miguel anyway. I doubt she was the first person to do it.
As gnocchi? Not slop? 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Patreon update. These posts are all from this week. Guess it's more important to sound off about an entirely unrelated film than respond to people who pay you money. (I guess it's possible she responded privately, but A) why? and B) how likely is that, really?)

1.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 95
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.