Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
Mel, my Dad literally died of COVID.

My husband spent my entire pregnancy working on the front line with COVID patients. I cried everyday for months because I thought he would die too.

So cry me a fucking river.

Oh and my son is enormous too because of the perfect nutrition he gets from his formula milk ❤ Mammy shame that you daft bint.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Hi all I don't normally post on here, but I thought I'd give my perspective as a rather younger viewer of Melanie's. As a previous supporter I also feel like that atrocious Dublin Live article was the last straw. This will also be unnecessarily long so sorry about that, no need to read it all, but I could write an essay on this if I so wished 😂😂I'm 20 now but I started watching Melanie in my teens - and recently I genuinely feel heartbroken from the way she's acting. That might sound dramatic to some people, but as a teen I literally idolised her - I found her vids on being bi and sex so relatable (I'm also from Ireland and sex is stupidly taboo here, love conservatism🥴) and as someone with mental illness myself I found her journey as someone with mental illness and eating disorders so inspiring. I binge read her books and allowed myself to be heavily influenced by her in terms of idiology and general world views. Now, seeing this absolute bollox about anti lockdown/masks, constant whinging and faux Dr narrative, terrible financial decisions and save aviation hashtag boils my blood. I know she struggles badly with her mental health, and EVERYONE is struggling with this situation, but they're also worsening their own situation by making appalling financial decisions and posting about them??? Encouraging spending a ridic amount on groceries, wedding, hair transplant and electric car when they're in debt and can't even afford rent is so dangerous to her younger audience because they'll think that that's okay. Not to mention they had a kid and are planning ANOTHER despite being apparently broke and hard done by yada yada?? I'm more than a DECADE younger than her and I can budget better, I work fulltime to pay my rent around my degree and stay financially independent. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with living with your parents, but it's the lack of self awareness and acting hard done by when they're not for me. They whine about not being able to afford a house, but maybe if they budgeted better on groceries, didn't buy like 50 takeaways a week and spend money like its going out of fashion they wouldn't be in this situation - but no, they can't even admit that, they just blame the pandemic and government for their own poor decisions etc. They also completely out themselves and make it obvious they whine about not having money, but in their vlogs all they eat is expensive branded food and takeaways. Once again, nothing wrong with that, but if they needed to save money on food they could go to fucking aldi like the rest of us?!?! Not really sure why I'm writing this, I rarely even use these threads like tattle, but maybe it's interesting for some people to see the perspective of someone a generation younger than her - take what you will from it. I feel bad for fellow viewers who supported her during a crucial developmental time and will grow up influenced by her too lol🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 40

justbecasual

View attachment 528127
Considering her “best friend” Hannah Witton is currently trying to conceive and has not yet been successful, it feels particularly unnecessary for Melanie to comment that she can’t be on the video because of her baby. Just say something else, don’t reference your kid in everything. She’s such a shit friend.
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 16.42.54.png

Okay, so I watched Hannah Witton's video and saw the comments....
Bless her, she is actively trying to conceive and being really honest about it. She hasn't been drinking in an effort to improve her chances, but she's done a video drinking again to celebrate 10 years on Youtube through her old Drunk Advice series.

Hannah's response to the comment at the top just illustrates how shit it is - plus she talks about trying to get pregnant repeatedly in the video.

Now, below, Melanie's response is just case in point as to why she is a terrible person. She is making it all about her and her baby. From what I can tell, Hannah is one of Mel's only friends. If this is how she treats her friends, then god help her enemies. It's just thoroughly unkind and thoughtless.

I hope Hannah can see passed it and not take it personally but rather see it for what it is... textbook narcissism.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

Kitt

VIP Member
34D8C31A-774F-4E0F-A91A-3C1DEAB9DD0F.png

‘my baby is so heavy’ no he’s not, he’s a baby and he’s not as big as you think. Are you never gonna pick him up when he’s 2 cause he’ll bigger then. Why is everything for her the most extreme? It’s like the baby is the bane of her life. Does she ever express anything positive about him ever?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

Kitt

VIP Member
Usually admittance to hospital is out of necessity and not a comparison to taking a holiday and potentially bringing it back with you View attachment 529818
How can he be so thick? Of course it’s way above travel.. travel is restricted. Of course hospitals have high cases.. that’s where covid is treated. It’s like saying isn’t it weird that people get drunk in pubs and not libraries? It’s just not comparable. It’s just being pure reductive.

Holidays and travel are a luxury. Cases and variants will be brought back from abroad when people start travelling. The travel industry will not die so sit the fuck down and wait for it to be safe. Maybe celebrate the positive aspect that you got to enjoy the first 6 months of your sons life without having to go off to work for ages? No? Can’t be positive about anything cause you’re always a victim? Got it.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Kitt

VIP Member
Interesting how she doesn’t celebrate her baby being 6 months old but 6 months of her ‘breastfeeding journey’. Wow.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

justbecasual

35813FCA-9C83-45C9-9E82-09B5027FA5D2.jpeg

Considering her “best friend” Hannah Witton is currently trying to conceive and has not yet been successful, it feels particularly unnecessary for Melanie to comment that she can’t be on the video because of her baby. Just say something else, don’t reference your kid in everything. She’s such a shit friend.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

Ms.Marble

VIP Member
I can totally see why people want to keep their children private and off social media, in photo and even name. I actually think it's a good idea for many. So I totally respected her saying she wants to do that to protect his privacy. By now I must say it's a ridiculous claim.
Granted, we don't know the name (nor do I care to know) and haven't seen his face regularly (at some point we could if we paused videos at opportune times). But we know so so many other details. The details of other influencers' kids lives are much more private, even if some of them occasionally share pics or videos with their faces in them and have shared their names, the little daily things are not out there as much for everyone to know. And to me those are much more private than a name, call me crazy.
She says she is not a mum blogger, yet almost all of her recent videos revolve around the topic of motherhood and her son. The only one that doesn't have it front and centre is the one with the anniversary present. I understand that this is her life and it's what it revolves around right now, and that's fine but just say so. She says her son's privacy is of utmost importance that's why she won't show him or share his name, but then she shares every tiny detail of his life. She uses him for content just as much as other people do, maybe even more, and yet has this attitude of superiority when people share their babies. Make it make sense.
To me knowing someone's name or seeing their picture as a kid is less invasive as knowing how many times their diaper was changed, how they nursed and footage of their birth.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

artemist

Chatty Member
Sorry but what?? The baby never wakes up? The same one you claimed wakes up the second you open the bedroom door to go to bed? That you can no longer sit in bed with and watch tv while he sleeps because he wakes up immediately? That’s literally what they said in their recent vlog right? :unsure: But he doesn’t wakeup when his mum is screaming in the bed next to him, yeah sure Melanie...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Dearreader

VIP Member
" forced to live in attic since the pandemic"

I love how they try imply it was because of the pandemic.

No it was because Melanie's line of work isn't seen as stable and she's shite at saving and he's in mountains of dept.

Love how they are blaming a pandemic for the fact the refuse to look outside of their town at something within their budget.

I'm guessing the article didn't cover the fact that while they were living in the attic they ;

1) Got a brand new eco car on finance
2) Thomas got a cosmetic hair transplant
3) they are redoing their wedding instead of putting the money towards a house
4) planned a baby while living in the attic.

Sad pair going around begging news outlets to listen to their sob story.

Maybe if you both stop spending 7 euro a pop on a jar of lentils you might have a house by now.

Dumb manipulative fucks

He's closer to the sky in the attic 😂😂

Crossing my fingers this article and the comments make their way to Twitter. It will be scenes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Noped2021

Did anyone else notice that in the video she said the baby breastfed at 3:30 am and then at 5:30 she was like "he is in a leap so he wouldn't latch" and showed footage of her trying to force feed him while his body flails around. My baby (3 months) is EBF and only eats every 3-4 hours. I wonder if she ever considered that he just wasn't hungry at the time???? No wonder he is huge.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

oicheliath

Funny she didn't have much to say about toxic masculinity when the news of Sarah Everard came out but has alot to say about it in regards to something piers Morgan said 3 years ago. I'm not familiar with piers Morgan other than he's a shit disturber, does anyone actually think of him as influential?
No one:
Literally nobody:

Melanie:

1617225489325.png

• Haha
  • Heart

Sazb64

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20210420-123000__01.jpg

"Experimenting with stuff like mushrooms".....it's as if she googled controversial things younger people might do. There's no way she's ever had more than a drag of a shitty spliff. It's up there with her apparently having sex with girls....kissing you mean 🙃

She's so cringe

• Haha
  • Wow

Sazb64

Chatty Member
If I was having infertility struggles and that yoke replied to me with that sob story....I'd slap her into 2025 I swear to God.

YOU DO NOT HAVE PCOS!! As mentioned previously, the doc jotting down notes isn't a diagnoses. They have to get a full picture of your symptoms and explore the causes you twat.

It's another slap in the face for her sister, who I believe actually has PCOS (correct me if I'm wrong there)

It's one thing giving hope to someone with a story that had a positive outcome. It's another thing to absolutely bullshit them because YOU DID NOT HAVE INFERTILITY ISSUES. No one knows if they can get pregnant until they try. That's the same for absolutely everyone on this planet. Otherwise unexplained infertility would not be a thing.

God she absolutely boils my blood. Doesn't think about how what she comes out with may affect others. sUcH aN eMpAtH yOu gOiSe 😍

• Heart

rnpkr7829

Just noticed how she wrote “my first born is EBF”.. 😂 If I have one baby, wouldn’t I refer to him as “my baby”? Why would I write first born if I don’t have a second or third born? 🤣 wtf Melanie, you dumb?!

• Haha
Reactions: 29