Melanie Murphy #10 the erratic, mel-odramatic, fascist in the attic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I was having infertility struggles and that yoke replied to me with that sob story....I'd slap her into 2025 I swear to God.

YOU DO NOT HAVE PCOS!! As mentioned previously, the doc jotting down notes isn't a diagnoses. They have to get a full picture of your symptoms and explore the causes you twit.

It's another slap in the face for her sister, who I believe actually has PCOS (correct me if I'm wrong there)

It's one thing giving hope to someone with a story that had a positive outcome. It's another thing to absolutely bullshit them because YOU DID NOT HAVE INFERTILITY ISSUES. No one knows if they can get pregnant until they try. That's the same for absolutely everyone on this planet. Otherwise unexplained infertility would not be a thing.

God she absolutely boils my blood. Doesn't think about how what she comes out with may affect others. sUcH aN eMpAtH yOu gOiSe 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 30
If I was having infertility struggles and that yoke replied to me with that sob story....I'd slap her into 2025 I swear to God.

YOU DO NOT HAVE PCOS!! As mentioned previously, the doc jotting down notes isn't a diagnoses. They have to get a full picture of your symptoms and explore the causes you twit.

It's another slap in the face for her sister, who I believe actually has PCOS (correct me if I'm wrong there)

It's one thing giving hope to someone with a story that had a positive outcome. It's another thing to absolutely bullshit them because YOU DID NOT HAVE INFERTILITY ISSUES. No one knows if they can get pregnant until they try. That's the same for absolutely everyone on this planet. Otherwise unexplained infertility would not be a thing.

God she absolutely boils my blood. Doesn't think about how what she comes out with may affect others. sUcH aN eMpAtH yOu gOiSe 😍
This was discussed on earlier threads where someone was able to explain what Mel has isn't PCOS but a very mild form of it ,don't forget she got pregnant in her teens in a million to one shot of throwing up her pill on a drunken night out and discovered she was pregnant soon after ,that ended in miscarriage .So where the notion she can't get pregnant comes from is anyone's guess as she's had two very easy conceptions 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Absolute slap in the face to Jessica who has PCOS and to her best friend Hannah Witton who is trying to conceive! Literally Mel is just humble bragging about how quick she fell pregnant despite being so "old" at 31 having a baby! I actually don't know how her friends and family put up with her in real life, she is so self absorbed it's unbelievable. Talking about the topic of infertility to brag about how easy it was for her to conceive, she has no empathy or understanding of how someone who is stuggling to conceive would feel reading that!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
PCO is very common. Recent studies took place that gathered women with "regular cycles" and found that 33% had PCO. It's often symptomless and only usually discovered by routine ultrasounds.

Attached SS - It's estimated that 20-25 % of women of childbearing age have PCO.

It doesn't affect fertility in the way pcos does,
20200623_214922.jpg
quite the opposite. Although the name is similar, they share little similarties with PCOS.

PCO -
Poly Cystic Ovaries (PCO) PCO is an indication that there are more ovarian follicles (ovaries) than usual. This is seen in an ultrasound scan where you find over 12 ovaries and a slightly enlarged ovary. PCO is very common and occurs in 20-25% of all women of childbearing age.

In order to be diagnosed with PCOS you have to meet this criteria

• One or both ovaries must be polycystic.
  • Long menstrual cycles of more than 35 days - or complete absence of menstruation.
  • Signs of male sex hormone overproduction, either assessed by increased hair growth or by blood test analyzes.
Every woman produces cysts as part of their cycle. PCO just means that you have produced more ovarian follicles that cycle , which is subject to change of course as your cycle is constantly changing. Your ultrasound might display this abnormality at that moment in time but be " back to normal" in a subsequent scan.

To simplify it - PCO is not a condition

*Link to fertility clinic re "PCO" https://www.trianglen.dk/en/about-fertility/female-infertility/pco-or-pcos

ETA - around the time of her issues she stated herself that the docs letter said" query PCO" query being the keyword. Query does not mean diagnosed.According to mel's own comments under the Disney IG pic with hannah Witton she claims she was diagnosed with a functional ovarian cyst via ultrasound.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
What sort of 31 year old posts a picture like that online? Jesus that's the sort of picture teenagers send to get a fella's attention on snapchat, couldn't imagine posting something like that on my instagram story for all to see
It's like the mammie version of Onlyfans :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
PCO is very common. Recent studies took place that gathered women with "regular cycles" and found that 33% had PCO. It's often symptomless and only usually discovered by routine ultrasounds.

Attached SS - It's estimated that 20-25 % of women of childbearing age have PCO.

It doesn't affect fertility in the way pcos does,View attachment 512305 quite the opposite. Although the name is similar, they share little similarties with PCOS.

PCO -
Poly Cystic Ovaries (PCO) PCO is an indication that there are more ovarian follicles (ovaries) than usual. This is seen in an ultrasound scan where you find over 12 ovaries and a slightly enlarged ovary. PCO is very common and occurs in 20-25% of all women of childbearing age.

In order to be diagnosed with PCOS you have to meet this criteria

• One or both ovaries must be polycystic.
  • Long menstrual cycles of more than 35 days - or complete absence of menstruation.
  • Signs of male sex hormone overproduction, either assessed by increased hair growth or by blood test analyzes.
Every woman produces cysts as part of their cycle. PCO just means that you have produced more ovarian follicles that cycle , which is subject to change of course as your cycle is constantly changing. Your ultrasound might display this abnormality at that moment in time but be " back to normal" in a subsequent scan.

To simplify it - PCO is not a condition

*Link to fertility clinic re "PCO" https://www.trianglen.dk/en/about-fertility/female-infertility/pco-or-pcos

ETA - around the time of her issues she stated herself that the docs letter said" query PCO" query being the keyword. Query does not mean diagnosed.According to mel's own comments under the Disney IG pic with hannah Witton she claims she was diagnosed with a functional ovarian cyst via ultrasound.

This is why I love this sub.

Thank you for taking the time to post this as it has reassured me so much! Back in like November I went to hospital for a kidney infection and while they were doing tests and talking with me about the results the Dr noted just in passing, as they clearly weren't concerned and it wasn't related, that I had an enlarged right ovary and it has played on my mind ever since despite my cycle being regular as clockwork and everything else being fine.

My Mum told me years ago that she has PCO but not PCOS and I never really gave that much thought to be honest or figured that it can present as slightly enlarged ovaries on a scan so when I'd heard about my larger right ovary at the hospital I kinda freaked out thinking something might be a little amiss there.

But after reading that I can see that I may well have PCO along with almost a third of child bearing women haha and now I can relax about what the Dr said a while back. Never worried about being infertile though just worried about it being "enlarged" :p

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This is why I love this sub.

Thank you for taking the time to post this as it has reassured me so much! Back in like November I went to hospital for a kidney infection and while they were doing tests and talking with me about the results the Dr noted just in passing, as they clearly weren't concerned and it wasn't related, that I had an enlarged right ovary and it has played on my mind ever since despite my cycle being regular as clockwork and everything else being fine.

My Mum told me years ago that she has PCO but not PCOS and I never really gave that much thought to be honest or figured that it can present as slightly enlarged ovaries on a scan so when I'd heard about my larger right ovary at the hospital I kinda freaked out thinking something might be a little amiss there.

But after reading that I can see that I may well have PCO along with almost a third of child bearing women haha and now I can relax about what the Dr said a while back. Never worried about being infertile though just worried about it being "enlarged" :p

I'm so glad to hear it's given you reassurance! There a few videos on YouTube though not many.

Its interesting to think of- for example many women on this thread might have pco right now without even knowing, its quite a normal occurrence as part of your cycle. Might be present in one cycle and not the next. It won't impact you TTC or cause any long term issues. Its just what the ovaries do sometimes. Most women too will get at least once cyst or enlarged ovary in their lifetime that is painful- totally normal but worth getting checked all the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Didn’t she get her diagnosis in January when she was already pregnant? I’ve had PCOS and dealt with infertility for good few years but conceived after treatment. At my 8 week scan, they said one ovary looks like it has some cysts and I told them yeah could be because I have PCOS and they said not to worry about it. I am guessing they said something similar to Melanie that maybe there see some cysts. But Melanie must have bombarded them with questions like if she has PCOS because she read it somewhere on Google bla bla and they must have said its PCO and its nothing to worry about.
They way Melanie tells the story is that she was at the risk of facing infertility/fertility struggles because of her diagnosis. Which BOILS MY bleeping BLOOD because she cannot just say that!! It invalidates struggle of everyone ttc and their PCOS journey. She can be bleeping spokesperson for “problematic drinking” and multiple other made up ailments, but NOT this, it’s really reallyyyyyy triggering.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Didn’t she get her diagnosis in January when she was already pregnant? I’ve had PCOS and dealt with infertility for good few years but conceived after treatment. At my 8 week scan, they said one ovary looks like it has some cysts and I told them yeah could be because I have PCOS and they said not to worry about it. I am guessing they said something similar to Melanie that maybe there see some cysts. But Melanie must have bombarded them with questions like if she has PCOS because she read it somewhere on Google bla bla and they must have said its PCO and its nothing to worry about.
They way Melanie tells the story is that she was at the risk of facing infertility/fertility struggles because of her diagnosis. Which BOILS MY bleeping BLOOD because she cannot just say that!! It invalidates struggle of everyone ttc and their PCOS journey. She can be bleeping spokesperson for “problematic drinking” and multiple other made up ailments, but NOT this, it’s really reallyyyyyy triggering.
There's a lot for me that doesn't add up in her timeline of PCOS query letter,TTC to her receiving the results of the ultrasound. I won't get into it as I've spoken on it in past threads but a head scratcher for sure.

And she maintains that she was worried about her diagnosis leading to infertility- she had that ultrasound on the 15th of January. She also says she found out she was pregnant mid jan....

SS from her size inclusive workout haul uploaded 24th jan 2020. Its the detail in which she explains it for me
20210403_141200.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
This was discussed on earlier threads where someone was able to explain what Mel has isn't PCOS but a very mild form of it ,don't forget she got pregnant in her teens in a million to one shot of throwing up her pill on a drunken night out and discovered she was pregnant soon after ,that ended in miscarriage .So where the notion she can't get pregnant comes from is anyone's guess as she's had two very easy conceptions 🤷‍♀️
THIS. Like, sometimes I wonder if she actually did get pregnant when she was 19, or if the story was different from what she's telling us. I know it's veering into conspiracy theory territory, and it's probably a reach, but honestly, sometimes I think she forgets she was pregnant before. It's something I noticed throughout her pregnancy videos. Fair enough, she was young and it was probably a traumatic ordeal, but the way she talks about it always seemed a bit inconsistent and weird to me.

Reactions: 18
There's a lot for me that doesn't add up in her timeline of PCOS query letter,TTC to her receiving the results of the ultrasound. I won't get into it as I've spoken on it in past threads but a head scratcher for sure.

And she maintains that she was worried about her diagnosis leading to infertility- she had that ultrasound on the 15th of January. She also says she found out she was pregnant mid jan....

SS from her size inclusive workout haul uploaded 24th jan 2020. Its the detail in which she explains it for meView attachment 512380
We could never get to the bottom of that, I know there were so many things that didn't add up from the Dec till near the end of Jan , i think one being how she knew she was pregnant 9 days before her period was even due ( first week in Dec ) to having another period on the 27th Dec to ovulating and then getting a scan for PCOS at the start of Jan (no mention of a pregnancy ) to then being pregnant mid Jan ...all very confusing .

THIS. Like, sometimes I wonder if she actually did get pregnant when she was 19, or if the story was different from what she's telling us. I know it's veering into conspiracy theory territory, and it's probably a reach, but honestly, sometimes I think she forgets she was pregnant before. It's something I noticed throughout her pregnancy videos. Fair enough, she was young and it was probably a traumatic ordeal, but the way she talks about it always seemed a bit inconsistent and weird to me.
We always wondered that too ,although possible to get pregnant on a missed pill the medication usually takes a while to leave your system and with her having PCOS like she claims it felt like a long shot 🤷‍♀️

What sort of 31 year old posts a picture like that online? Jesus that's the sort of picture teenagers send to get a fella's attention on snapchat, couldn't imagine posting something like that on my instagram story for all to see
Classic cold -blooded animal. Can't generate her own 'heat',so she needs constant attention and validation from others to 'warm' her ego.

Reactions: 7
Is that even contact napping? He isn’t laying on her, or touching her skin at all?? Just looks like an excuse to show herself in a bra tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
15DCAA81-9A53-491C-82DE-0DF626E4C4DB.png

I’m sorry who has the time to count the amount of nappies, milk/solids and naps a child takes in a day.

he’s a human, not something you just collect data on. Her whole approach to motherhood is bizarre.

• Wow
View attachment 512642
I’m sorry who has the time to count the amount of nappies, milk/solids and naps a child takes in a day.

he’s a human, not something you just collect data on. Her whole approach to motherhood is bizarre.
Right?! I count my child's bottle oz intake only as he has reflux. Nappies I couldn't give a shite about (literally). And naps? We barely know them in my house 😩😂 it changes every single day, so even her counting these activities I'm sure the previous day was different.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
"Did the clocks go back" eh no you tool, it's SPRING forward, fall back, your phone is always going to be more correct as opposed to the thing beside your bed you set yourself obviously 🙄

• Haha
Yip had to laugh at the clock bit , I'm surprised the baby has a routine she doesn't even change him out of his sleepsuit till he has a bath at 3pm he seemed to be in the dark most of the day bar his walk .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.