Melanie Murphy #10 the erratic, mel-odramatic, fascist in the attic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread.

brilliant title curtsy of @Dearreader and @artemist ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

so her โ€œdonโ€™t judge mothersโ€ narrative was a set up for tonightโ€™s stereo so she has something to rant about, shocked ๐Ÿ˜

BABIEEEEEEE.....BABU.......CHICKEN......BABIEEEEEE.......BABIEEEEE.
can you lean out the window of your mammyโ€™s bedroom babieeee, Iโ€™m just in our โ€œroomโ€
No Iโ€™m going to the toilet babieeee,
in the corner,
beside where we eat babieee, so Iโ€™m having dinner at the same time babieee, you can probably hear me because I didnโ€™t close the door babieee,

well, we donโ€™t have one. ๐Ÿ˜

anyone want to brave a recap?
are they still emigrating to Clare?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Can confirm, did not die. But did have to get multiple teeth pulled due to sugar decay by my early 20s.

Maybe some advice you should hear out Mel?

45958846-39EF-4A85-A8DD-F709FED618C9.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I honestly agree with her about the new mammy shaming, and droves of unsolicited advice you get as a parent. There's always going to be someone who thinks what you're doing is wrong. There's nothing but conflicting advice out there on the internet, in parenting books, and anecdotally, too. I'm 39 weeks pregnant and I've already had my head melted with people telling me how to do things, disagreeing with some of the choices I intend to make, etc. it's really tiring, knocks your confidence, and makes a really difficult (but rewarding) time emotionally that much harder.

Now that said, it's the hypocrisy I can't stand. To be so short sighted that you can spout all of this stuff about not mammy shaming while also slamming folks who choose to sleep train, or formula feed. It's the lack of self awareness for me. Of course, as she said, every parent deserves to make those choices for their child and will have an inherent belief that what they're doing is right, but when you have a large platform and choose language that is really disparaging about the alternatives you choose not to do, then that's really problematic for me. By all means co-sleep, breastfeed, and even use your platform to advocate for those if you're passionate about it, but how hard is it to just not say anything about sleep training or formula feeding? Like, keep your opinions on them to yourself instead of using your substantial platform to make other new moms feel like tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What the actual duck. Unpeeled cucumbers to a 6 month old who has no teeth and can't sit up unassisted? She's pushing the poor kid to reach milestones on her terms and it's so reckless. We know if he could sit up alone or had a single tooth she would have been all over it on Instagram. Christ I hope the grandparents intervene and talk sense into Thomas before the child chokes

• Haha
Reactions: 20
What the actual duck. Unpeeled cucumbers to a 6 month old who has no teeth and can't sit up unassisted? She's pushing the poor kid to reach milestones on her terms and it's so reckless. We know if he could sit up alone or had a single tooth she would have been all over it on Instagram. Christ I hope the grandparents intervene and talk sense into Thomas before the child chokes
she should just give him whole grapes and a few raisins while sheโ€™s at it ๐Ÿ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've done baby led weaning with my kids and it bugs me she is acting as if what she's doing is the same thing as it's giving anyone uninformed such a bad impression of it, she did purees too at 5 months before the child was ready which is another no no. Has she even opened a book on the subject? ๐Ÿ™„

Reactions: 9
Sweet Jesus please donโ€™t tell me they said moving to Clare would be emigrating?? Itโ€™s 3 hours max down the M7! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’€

• Haha
Reactions: 15
*Soft armour in a hard world*

I want nobody to every forgot Melanie's poetic genius when describing activewear durning a global pandemic.

@Oohthedrama Thank you for the new Thread, chicken ๐Ÿ˜‰

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Only 5 mins into listening and it just sounds like she needs to get off her phone for more than 5 mins ๐Ÿ˜‚

Update: milo woke up and she's gone to see if she can shove her tit in his mouth (her words) after waiting a whopping 2 minutes to see if he falls back to sleep ๐Ÿ’€

Update 2: my baby is soooo heavy you guyeesss

Update 3: bayybeeee shhhh we need to do a quickfire round

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I honestly agree with her about the new mammy shaming, and droves of unsolicited advice you get as a parent. There's always going to be someone who thinks what you're doing is wrong. There's nothing but conflicting advice out there on the internet, in parenting books, and anecdotally, too. I'm 39 weeks pregnant and I've already had my head melted with people telling me how to do things, disagreeing with some of the choices I intend to make, etc. it's really tiring, knocks your confidence, and makes a really difficult (but rewarding) time emotionally that much harder.

Now that said, it's the hypocrisy I can't stand. To be so short sighted that you can spout all of this stuff about not mammy shaming while also slamming folks who choose to sleep train, or formula feed. It's the lack of self awareness for me. Of course, as she said, every parent deserves to make those choices for their child and will have an inherent belief that what they're doing is right, but when you have a large platform and choose language that is really disparaging about the alternatives you choose not to do, then that's really problematic for me. By all means co-sleep, breastfeed, and even use your platform to advocate for those if you're passionate about it, but how hard is it to just not say anything about sleep training or formula feeding? Like, keep your opinions on them to yourself instead of using your substantial platform to make other new moms feel like tit.
Let me start off by saying that not having children myself, I have no idea how it must feel to be bombarded from all sides about something so central to your life and at a time where you feel vulnerable already and question every choice you make. And there is a lot of shaming to go around for sure. I wouldn't fault Melanie for pointing that out, if it weren't for the sheer gall of the woman.

What gets me about her is the fact that she demands being able to make her own choices and get nothing but praise about it and hear that she's doing it all in the perfect manner, while simultaneously shitting on everyone who doesn't do it the way she feels appropriate. She pushes in one direction (or often a different one every time the wind blows) and then expects no pushback. When she herself constantly tries to one up others. She needs to hear only praise about her choices while making others feel small about theirs. And not only with mothering her child, with other things as well.
I absolutely don't agree with shaming other mothers, women or people for their choices in any way. I think it's disgusting. But we also have seen what she deems as hate and trolling in her comments and how she responds.
She says she invites constructive criticism and I just don't think she could identify it if it bit her in the tit.
I think constructive to her means that the person should be saying something along the lines of "I'm your biggest fan and please don't misunderstand me, because your approval means everything to me, but have you maybe considered (insert some tiny change)?"
And it must be something that she's actually not opposed to doing and that makes sense to her straight away, otherwise she will gloss over it or deem it judgy, shaming or even hateful.
Those kinds of comments she is open to. But only because they start off with the bootlicking and don't even require any real effort from her.
But hey, what do I know?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The baby was looking at them like

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Let me start off by saying that not having children myself, I have no idea how it must feel to be bombarded from all sides about something so central to your life and at a time where you feel vulnerable already and question every choice you make. And there is a lot of shaming to go around for sure. I wouldn't fault Melanie for pointing that out, if it weren't for the sheer gall of the woman.

What gets me about her is the fact that she demands being able to make her own choices and get nothing but praise about it and hear that she's doing it all in the perfect manner, while simultaneously shitting on everyone who doesn't do it the way she feels appropriate. She pushes in one direction (or often a different one every time the wind blows) and then expects no pushback. When she herself constantly tries to one up others. She needs to hear only praise about her choices while making others feel small about theirs. And not only with mothering her child, with other things as well.
I absolutely don't agree with shaming other mothers, women or people for their choices in any way. I think it's disgusting. But we also have seen what she deems as hate and trolling in her comments and how she responds.
She says she invites constructive criticism and I just don't think she could identify it if it bit her in the tit.
I think constructive to her means that the person should be saying something along the lines of "I'm your biggest fan and please don't misunderstand me, because your approval means everything to me, but have you maybe considered (insert some tiny change)?"
And it must be something that she's actually not opposed to doing and that makes sense to her straight away, otherwise she will gloss over it or deem it judgy, shaming or even hateful.
Those kinds of comments she is open to. But only because they start off with the bootlicking and don't even require any real effort from her.
But hey, what do I know?
Can I just say, you are so eloquent @Ms.Marble ๐Ÿ˜Š

You could teach Smelly Melly a thing or two ๐Ÿคญ

You've hit the nail on the head. It's one rule for her, and another for everyone else ๐Ÿ™„

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Only 5 mins into listening and it just sounds like she needs to get off her phone for more than 5 mins ๐Ÿ˜‚

Update: milo woke up and she's gone to see if she can shove her tit in his mouth (her words) after waiting a whopping 2 minutes to see if he falls back to sleep ๐Ÿ’€

Update 2: my baby is soooo heavy you guyeesss

Update 3: bayybeeee shhhh we need to do a quickfire round
Update 4: baldies twitter mission is to help save his job apparently?

Update 5: they're almost fully vegan now??

Update 6: he's going through leap 5 guys

Update 7: she's trying her best to get over her mammy shaming you gueeyyysss (practice what she preaches apparently ๐Ÿ™ƒ )

Final update: apparently criticism is bad because WeRe aLl AdULtS nOw so i guess we should all delete our accounts and take down tattle ๐Ÿ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
Update 4: baldies twitter mission is to help save his job apparently?
And someone's not treating their dog right but they don't want to say anything incase it causes an argument but they were so shocked by the cow earlier ๐Ÿ˜

Sorry I haven't been on tattle in ages! Is the babies name definitely Milo?
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO....we don't know ! it's only his tattle name ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
And someone's not treating their dog right but they don't want to say anything incase it causes an argument but they were so shocked by the cow earlier ๐Ÿ˜

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO....we don't know ! it's only his tattle name ๐Ÿ˜‚

That bleeping enraged me! If anyone was mistreating or abusing their dog you best believe I'm reporting it... in the next breath they claim Thomas is such an advocate for animals but wouldn't intervene in animal abuse in case it causes an argument? duck right off.

Two fluff catchers, the pair of them.

• Heart
That bleeping enraged me! If anyone was mistreating or abusing their dog you best believe I'm reporting it... in the next breath they claim Thomas is such an advocate for animals but wouldn't intervene in animal abuse in case it causes an argument? duck right off.

Did I hear him right his friend was swinging his dog around and leaving it in the rain for a laugh so he could post on Insta ? or was he just using that as an example ?...edit to say it was an example .

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

I just clicked in before this story and I assume it was an example of how Thomas would deal with a situation without offending or hurting a friendship but HOW bleeping THICK IS HE TO USE bleeping CLEAR ANIMAL ABUSE AS AN EXAMPLE ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

heโ€™s desperate for attention, desperate to stay on air ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
desperate to look like heโ€™s clever.
I doubt the lad can open a Capri Sun alone, sure he still struggles to spell border and his copy and paste twitter isnโ€™t getting much traction ๐Ÿ™ƒ
Maybe they decided to live in the open plan toilet because he locked himself in his mama en-suite too many times ๐Ÿ˜

delighted to see she struggled to hit 250 โ€œviewsโ€ on stero and the episode about their scrap in Jessicaโ€™s channel is at 325 ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The thing is, she's the one acting like a mommy blogger. Constantly giving unsolicited parenting advise (judgment and shame based of course), she constantly shows her child, constantly involves him in every area of her online content, constantly fishing for baby based brand deals. I can't even recall a video that wasn't full of "I'm a new mom" content. But she thinks slapping a poorly placed sticker on his face and tossing him face first into the sand means she's not a mommy blogger. Whatever you say Mel :ROFLMAO:

The only thing we don't know about Milo's life (because she overshares everything) is his name and face, and even then she's done a poor job of keeping those a secret. It's a joke at this point.
Screenshot_20210325-133352_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.