Melanie Murphy #10 the erratic, mel-odramatic, fascist in the attic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Did the clocks go back" eh no you tool, it's SPRING forward, fall back, your phone is always going to be more correct as opposed to the thing beside your bed you set yourself obviously 🙄
The fact that her phone said it was 5.52 then she put the time on the screen as 5am and continued with that..... so the time is probably an hour off for the whole video.

I rarely watch her videos now but the editing is so strange. I'm not sure how to articulate it properly but the choice of music and sound effects are just... odd?

Reactions: 15
God her day is so depressing, no other parenting vlogger has such a boring day. She's going on about "working while having a baby" but she doesn't do a tap sure. They also went to see her dad during a level 5 lockdown without a mask on them. And like a poster said above, the baby seems to be asleep most of the day, such an unstimulating environment. I'm amazed she got 23 minutes of content out of that at all. The 2 of them go on and on about how hard it is to work, pay bills for everything and parent on top of that, but again, NONE of this applies to them?? They're like 2 teenagers doing nothing but babysitting

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yet she couldn't manage without " Daddy Day Care " what happens when he goes back to work 🤔

Reactions: 9
Yet she couldn't manage without " Daddy Day Care " what happens when he goes back to work 🤔
Who knows but we'll hear alllll about it I'm sure 😂 I know it's super nitpicky on my part .....but I hate the way she says "his dad". Oh milo's with his dad. It just really sounds like it's coming from a single mam going it alone.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Who knows but we'll hear alllll about it I'm sure 😂 I know it's super nitpicky on my part .....but I hate the way she says "his dad". Oh milo's with his dad. It just really sounds like it's coming from a single mam going it alone.
Yeah ! but she likes to portray that image even pointing out her breakfast was getting cold while she fed the baby ,why did she make it then instead of waiting till she had him fed or got Thomas to feed him while she ate it there’s two of them there it only takes one to feed him fgs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Yeah ! but she likes to portray that image even pointing out her breakfast was getting cold while she fed the baby ,why did she make it then instead of waiting till she had him fed or got Thomas to feed him while she ate it there’s two of them there it only takes one to feed him fgs.
Cause that wouldn't feed into her martyr mammy persona

• Haha
Right, I've been a long time lurker on Mel's threads but I finally feel I should add my opinion 😂

Firstly I don't get why both her and baldy think emigrating is the end of the world? I'm afraid that there are some jobs in life that you have to marry in to, whether you are male or female, and you have to accept that to continue working in a job that one of you have worked hard for you may have to make sacrifices. My partner is in a job that could require them to relocate and I'm prepared to do so for them. It's not nice but its necessary and I don't have the privilege of discounted trips home like she would.

And don't get my started on her anti lockdown agenda... I work in the NHS and it's soul destroying to see people with a following like her spout false information like she does. I've lost colleagues and if she had a small insight to what has actually been going on for the past year I'd hope she'd think twice before saying what she does.

*And breathe...*

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Did anyone else notice that in the video she said the baby breastfed at 3:30 am and then at 5:30 she was like "he is in a leap so he wouldn't latch" and showed footage of her trying to force feed him while his body flails around. My baby (3 months) is EBF and only eats every 3-4 hours. I wonder if she ever considered that he just wasn't hungry at the time???? No wonder he is huge.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Did anyone else notice that in the video she said the baby breastfed at 3:30 am and then at 5:30 she was like "he is in a leap so he wouldn't latch" and showed footage of her trying to force feed him while his body flails around. My baby (3 months) is EBF and only eats every 3-4 hours. I wonder if she ever considered that he just wasn't hungry at the time???? No wonder he is huge.
Everytime the child makes a noise she's like FEEEEDDDDIIINNNGGG TTTTIIIIIMMMMEEE 😂 I know it's not possible for a breastfed baby to overeat....but oh Lord she tryin 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yeah, I had my first baby a few months before her and I also thought it seemed a bit off. Seems to me that she’s using the feeding to pacify him - i.e. when he gets fussy/vocal she immediately latches him in order to “settle” the situation as quickly as possible. Which might work in the interim.. but not for much longer, lols.
I also find it interesting that she titled the video “still breastfeeding” ... she’s a real tit hero you guys! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
shes such a boring person. she tries to be more interesting with talking about "taboo topics" (not very taboo, just like sex), bisexual, talking about her polyamorous relationship, being anti-lockdown and pro jordan peterson and claiming she has all these diagnoses. AAAAH. just embrace that youre boring. nothing wrong with that. these recent vlogs has made me realize how boring she is lol. and she married a boring man. again, nothing wrong with that, but stop trying to be edgy and cool when youre not

• Heart
Reactions: 18
You could really tell at the end of her blog how much she resents having to work, she says she wishes she could just spend all day with the baby (which she basically does anyway!). Also that house must be huge - they have the attic and a separate office room to themselves which they’ve turned into a TV room. They’re never moving out😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Screenshot_20210403-220433.png

Interesting that Melanie seems to connect breastfeeding and attachment in her Instagram story promoting the new video.
I hadn't heard of attachment parenting before and googled it, some of the sites talking about it seem to really push breastfeeding (though some more so promote closeness in feeding). This makes a lot of sense if Melanie fixated on the parts about breastfeeding and having to be permanently attached to your child, which she constantly harps on about.
I personally find the connection she's implying between breastfeeding and 'attachment parenting' distasteful, maybe it's just me but it's like an underhand way of shaming anyone who doesn't breastfeed 😕
Also ironic that attachment parenting is about putting your child at the centre of things but Melanie frames everything around herself.

• Heart
PCO is very common. Recent studies took place that gathered women with "regular cycles" and found that 33% had PCO. It's often symptomless and only usually discovered by routine ultrasounds.

Attached SS - It's estimated that 20-25 % of women of childbearing age have PCO.

It doesn't affect fertility in the way pcos does,View attachment 512305 quite the opposite. Although the name is similar, they share little similarties with PCOS.

PCO -
Poly Cystic Ovaries (PCO) PCO is an indication that there are more ovarian follicles (ovaries) than usual. This is seen in an ultrasound scan where you find over 12 ovaries and a slightly enlarged ovary. PCO is very common and occurs in 20-25% of all women of childbearing age.

In order to be diagnosed with PCOS you have to meet this criteria

• One or both ovaries must be polycystic.
  • Long menstrual cycles of more than 35 days - or complete absence of menstruation.
  • Signs of male sex hormone overproduction, either assessed by increased hair growth or by blood test analyzes.
Every woman produces cysts as part of their cycle. PCO just means that you have produced more ovarian follicles that cycle , which is subject to change of course as your cycle is constantly changing. Your ultrasound might display this abnormality at that moment in time but be " back to normal" in a subsequent scan.

To simplify it - PCO is not a condition

*Link to fertility clinic re "PCO" https://www.trianglen.dk/en/about-fertility/female-infertility/pco-or-pcos

ETA - around the time of her issues she stated herself that the docs letter said" query PCO" query being the keyword. Query does not mean diagnosed.According to mel's own comments under the Disney IG pic with hannah Witton she claims she was diagnosed with a functional ovarian cyst via ultrasound.
OMG she is such an overdramatic, attention seeking nut job!

That info re PCO has just jogged my memory, at one of my pregnancy ultrasounds there was a passing comment made along the lines of 'you have some cysts on your ovaries, very common, nothing to worry about' .... and it hasn't even crossed my mind since. Why would it? Total non issue!

duck me I cannot stand her.

• Haha
She’s almost force feeding him right? Shoving her boob in his mouth whenever he’s fussing and then complains he’s distracted or whatever. He’s probably just not hungry Melanie? So stop feeding him and talk to him, sing to him and play with him.

I can’t get over how this is always about her. Breastfeeding him so she’s his sole provider and then she can complain her breakfast is cold. Doesn’t have time to wash cause of him but spends hours on her phone. The delusion is real. She just likes to whinge so creates things to whinge about.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She's admitted to feeding him every 40 mins .

• Wow
She’s almost force feeding him right? Shoving her boob in his mouth whenever he’s fussing and then complains he’s distracted or whatever. He’s probably just not hungry Melanie? So stop feeding him and talk to him, sing to him and play with him.

I can’t get over how this is always about her. Breastfeeding him so she’s his sole provider and then she can complain her breakfast is cold. Doesn’t have time to wash cause of him but spends hours on her phone. The delusion is real. She just likes to whinge so creates things to whinge about.
Spot on. Since he was born her agenda has been to constantly show Thomas, her in-laws and the world how much the baby needs her and only her, so that she can paint herself as a martyr. She is going to duck that child up, badly.

Also the bra in her stories is so unbelievably ugly, did she pull it off the geriatric sales rack? Or is it drab-letics?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Really really can't get over the clock thing though. Why did she think the digital alarm clock (that she hasn't touched) was the correct time over her internet connected phone? 😩 And then the fact the times in the entire video were an hour behind 😩😩 31 years old!!! spring forward you dope!!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.