Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MancBee

VIP Member
I am having a bit of a tidy up (Jack would call it work) and I came across that photograph I mentioned in an earlier thread. Her playacting of a person with cancer has really got to me, I cannot explain quite how angry, disgusted, outraged and downright offended I am.

A coachload of 36 Gay men in their 20's and 30's, back in the 80's, and only I was still alive 10 years later. HIV and AIDs took so many young and lovely men. I visited them in hospital, nursed them, listened to them, laughed and cried with them. Not one, and I mean not one, of them had half the self pity of that woman.

A good friend (and boss as it happened) died of breast cancer when she was only 32, leaving a beautiful 5 year old daughter. Her husband had left her for another woman a year before. Not once did she take pitiful photographs of herself for attention or sympathy.

I am actually in tears, I can't tell you what a wicked woman Jack is.

I can't get that picture of her using cancer imagery out of my mind, she is beneath contempt.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 196

MancBee

VIP Member
There is an awful lot of squiggle / tattle crossover on twitter tonight 😞
Am I alone in thinking that if people read what is in the public domain, they have a right to do with it what they want?

As a member of Tattle, I know that I should not go on any other public platform and I don't. However, if someone that is not a Tattle member reads here and is disgusted by Jack's behaviour, we have no right to tell them what to do with the information that we have allowed them to read, It is akin to saying that we are wrong to read Twitter and use that information here.

The allegations of bullying go on whatever, so suggesting that it is feeding into her narrative, is in my opinion a moot point.

If we do not want members of the public reading here and reusing the information as they wish, we should not have a publicly accessible site. If you are unhappy that people read here and reuse the content elsewhere, then perhaps we should lock the site to members only, or you should not post anything that you do not want to be reused elsewhere.

I think it is a bit hypocritical to use Twitter content here, and be surprised that Tattle content is used elsewhere. It is why I will only ever post information that I know to be true, and that I would be willing to defend in court. If Tattle stays public, then you have to accept that the information is freely available for people to use without your consent.

Most information posted on Tattle is available elsewhere anyway, mainly on Jack's own Twitter. It is where you wonderful Fraus get all the damning evidence. To expect it to stay on Tattle is being a little naive.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 170

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
Hello and greetings from the past! I've been catching up on this thread since October and was going to wait until I finished before saying anything but she's just done something that has really, really annoyed/upset me and I need to vent. For context I'm on thread 17 and it is May 24th. She's just either been gifted or purchased a fridge and a very heavy sideboard, Mrs J may or may not have left her, she's about to spend some time in a shed with Miguel Barclay and several tubs of mayo, and she's kicked a bloke on the train for sitting next to her.

She has also just tweeted that she hasn't eaten a single proper meal for 16 days and when someone mentioned her son she snipped at them that he eats three meals and two snacks a day and this is what has upset me.

I knew we were poor growing up. We were outsiders living in a council house in a tiny uper middle class village in the early 90s. There was a Happy Shopper but to get to anywhere cheaper it was a 7 mile walk (no car) each way to a small co-op in a nearby village on 60mph roads with no pavement/verge/lights. At the time my super childish concept of 'poor' was that we just didn't have as many toys, our TV was black and white and we ate 95% frozen/tinned/packet food while my friends had 'fancy' food like tomatoes, rice and grapes. We got a family car when I was 7 and things got a lot easier after that because they had access to supermarkets with fresh and cheaper food. It wasn't until I was an adult that I found out my parents had both missed multiple meals every single week for years. My sister and I always had three meals every day (my mum has said this is her proudest accomplishment in life) but there wasn't enough money to feed four people HS food and they had hidden this from us because they didn't want to put the huge guilt and pressure of 'mummy and daddy didn't eat because you had the food instead' onto two young children.

It got me thinking - she's mentioned that her son is banned from googling her because of what other people say about her but he will eventually google her and when he does he will see what she has said about him. He will find dozens and dozens of newspaper articles and blog posts that, while she is railing against the Tories, basically boil down to "I had lots of money and then I had my son and had none," "I had fantastic mental health and then I had my son and I've been repeatedly suicidal ever since," "I lived in great accomodation and then I had my son and slept on the floor without a lightbulb for two years," "I had wonderful physical health and then I had my son and I've never recovered," "I had a great career and then I had my son and couldn't do the job I loved."

Obviously parents have a right to rail against the government if they're struggling because of austerity but it's the way that she writes it - she doesn't say 'things were okay and then they got really hard', she paints this picture of a wonderful amazing life that went to hell after her son was born. I just hope the poor thing doesn't internalise any shame over it.

Okay, I'm back off to thread 17 now that I've said my piece. At the rate this thread moves I'll probably catch up by August. Thanks for keeping me entertained during these lockdowns and a happy new year to all!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 142

ops

From Kickstarter , a comment from 3 years ago. This was after the book had started to be sent out and a new roundabout of excuses were added....

"Everyone has varying degrees of emotional and physical energy, and everyone chooses what to spend theirs on. Just, if you're tweeting about being busy with filming and award shows and interviews and pitching other books, other stuff, people are going to assume that actually following through on the thing you got £68K to do is just not a priority. That's not people being mean-- that's people feeling let down. Also, apologies that aren't apologies are insulting to the people that, you know, deserve an actual apology. Jack's posts aren't apologies-- they're excuses and guilt-trips, and this last update which doesn't even actually say "sorry" (and an actual "sorry for messing this up/focussing on other things/letting you down", rather than a "well, I'm sorry for being ill" which is what the other posts say)."

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 133

Mindo

Happy New Year everyone! First and last post here, as she annoys me so much I am going to switch to reading books in 2021. Of the many things that made the scales fall from my eyes was the always falling ill/having an accident when she had a deadline. My husband passed away in April, he spent his last 3.5 years having painful treatment for cancer and hardly ever complained and never made a big deal out of being ill. I know we’re all different in how we react and in terms of mental health, but IMHO she needs to get some perspective. So thanks for all the laughs and I wish everyone well for 2021.

• Heart
Reactions: 118

Flivver

VIP Member
I am having a bit of a tidy up (Jack would call it work) and I came across that photograph I mentioned in an earlier thread. Her playacting of a person with cancer has really got to me, I cannot explain quite how angry, disgusted, outraged and downright offended I am.

A coachload of 36 Gay men in their 20's and 30's, back in the 80's, and only I was still alive 10 years later. HIV and AIDs took so many young and lovely men. I visited them in hospital, nursed them, listened to them, laughed and cried with them. Not one, and I mean not one, of them had half the self pity of that woman.

A good friend (and boss as it happened) died of breast cancer when she was only 32, leaving a beautiful 5 year old daughter. Her husband had left her for another woman a year before. Not once did she take pitiful photographs of herself for attention or sympathy.

I am actually in tears, I can't tell you what a wicked woman Jack is.
Oh @MancBee - I know exactly how you feel. I’m not one to send hugz but just know that you’re not alone in feeling this. I have to skim past her effing cancer cosplay as it boils my piss. Having spent this year nursing a child through cancer, it gives me the rage!!! Like your friend, not once did my boy feel the need to take a baldy selfie for the likes. He refuses to be defined by his illness 😡

She’s evil.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 115

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
I know I am absolutely obsessed with this story. It's the Monroe bullshit hill I would die on, but it's just the most extraordinary fucking nonsense.

Her description doesn't make sense. If she fell facing the train, as would be logical, upper body strength wouldn't help her because her arms would be behind her, perhaps in the manner of someone lounging in a swimming pool. Which means she fell facing the platform which...how? She walked backwards off the platform and fell... straight down? That doesn't make sense, you'd just walk into the train and, at worst, one foot would go off the edge, surely?

But then her arse saved her, so how did upper body strength become involved? If her arse was at upper platform level, her entire body would be above the platform. Did she claw wildly at an alarmed passerby?

As I've recounted before, I'm sure you all remember gripped as you no doubt are by my missives, I once fell onto a tube train. My flipflop got jammed under the step and so I went forwards like a plank into the carriage. So it is possible to fall into a train. Off of a train seems equally likely. But under? Under the train?

{Fire at seaparks.gif}

(I'm writing this whilst eating and my OH asked what I was doing. Said I'm part of a Jack Monroe hate forum and he hasn't stopped laughing at how random that is yet 🤣)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 110

sioc

First post here but I've been grunka'ing for ages. I followed her on twitter for a long time, bought a book (tin can cook) and genuinely thought she was on the side of the angels. For those of you wondering why random squiggles don't see through her it's because you don't see every tweet she makes, just the ones that turn up on the feed. I think it was the shimmery eyeshadow bruise that made me google something like "jack monroe annoying" which ended up leading me here. And once you actually start paying attention it's so instantly obvious how much of a fantasist she is.

Like, I don't think she said anything like this straight out, but the vague impression I had gotten from twitter was that she had fallen pregnant through sex work and then raised the child on her own through grinding poverty. Finding out that her son's father has apparently been involved all along and that she seems to be the product of a reasonably middle class family with whom she's still in full contact with was a bit of a shock.

I don't think she makes everything up, I'm very ready to believe that she really struggled with a newborn and accessing benefits and really did go through a tough time putting food on the table which has stuck with her. But the struggling to buy butter after she should have found a pretty comfortable niche with books that sold pretty well? Having every difficult to diagnose illness under the sun and a constant excuse for everything? Elevenerife and everythingitis?

FWIW, I've made the famous peach and chickpea curry and thought it was ok (was like a knockoff sweet chilli sauce, a bit of rice wine vinegar could have turned it into a passable sweet and sour imo).

• Heart
Reactions: 110
@traumatised sideboard pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
I've got my hands full with a Slopbot update now that the blessed Slopmas night has passed and Father Slopmas' services are suspended until next year. Here's a DIY version where you can substitute your own increasingly ridiculous phrases between the square brackets.

'I'm sorry that I haven't [posted that grotesque slop recipe I promised] but I [fell down the stairs due to the slippery nature of my cat paw socks in my haste to streak past my housemate Louisa Compton the Brexit tin thief]. I seriously injured my [giant Mediterranean arse] and had to spend [16 days] in A&E. Now that I have long COVID in addition to my [arthritis], [ADHD] and [terminal insufferability] I won't be able to do any work for the next [three months]. If you try to hold me accountable for my own actions, you are a [bullying] [conspiracy wanker] and my lawyer will shortly be sending you a letter notifying you of my intention to [sue for libel]. Sorry but this is all your fault. 🥰 '

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105

colouredlines

VIP Member
I'm off to bed, leaving yous with this from the archives: a charming description of who Jack makes birthday cakes for. Lovely.

20201231_000417.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 102

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Recap of thread #124

1. TV commissioners aren’t interested in real working class people like her.
  2. Long covid selfie. No words.
  3. Poor Jack, her eyesight’s failing her cos of long covid. She mistook a glove for a dead pigeon. RIP, glove.
  4. She’s bringing sexy Jack 🤢
  5. She risked the ‘wrath of [her] ancestors for veganising the family pastitsio for cold hard corporate dollar’. All without sense of taste - she’s like the cooking world’s Beethoven.
  6. She wanted to eat a sandwich she ‘hadn’t bloody made’ herself. Don’t we all.
  7. She’s SO DONE with working from home and shared more TMI about her relationship that ‘went kablam’.
  8. She can’t remote work because of the endless coffees she allegedly doesn’t drink.
  9. Hallelujah, praise beans. Her sense of taste came back and she was able to proclaim her vegan pastitsio ‘delicious’. The reason? It contains both cloves and lemon, ‘both used in scent rehabilitation’. Hahahaha.
  10. She is not collaborating with Veganuary the organisation (but is using the hashtag).
  11. Seeing as four years on, people are are still waiting, The Great Kickstarter Khaos was discussed.
  12. [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
    ‘I did a chaos’
    ‘My maverick brain’
    ‘My sad little face’
    ‘I’m BUSY’
    ‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
    ‘I laughed up a lung’

** NEW **
    ‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy’ and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’.

She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB.

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • ** NEW ** However, during Lockdown 2 (November 2020), a bubble buddy, ‘buddle’ (BB) came to stay with Jack. BB is pescatarian, cycles 200 miles a week, and works in London. Jack is teaching her to cook, while also using her as a figure of gentle ridicule. She cannot cook, she cannot iron, she cannot clean the television properly, she left the hose out and it got eaten by a fox, and she doesn’t know the difference between wet and dry ingredients.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
    [*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*]

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 101

HarderFaster

VIP Member
It’s been so good to read through the Kickstarter shitshow again and I think it’s a good introduction for all new Frauen and Herren (and old ones who’ve become inured to Jack’s continuing evil).

I reckon most of us can empathise with the feeling of being overwhelmed by what we’ve taken on and the desire to make excuses to assuage our own guilt, and I don’t think people would have held it against Jack had she been big enough to admit her mistake.

Instead, that absolute non-apology in which she blames her ineptitude on people who have put money in her pocket “bullying” her is textbook gaslighting. The saddest thing is that she has learnt nothing and is endlessly repeating these behaviours half a decade later.

Must say, I’d really like to know what that £68k got spaffed on. I’m not a publisher so let’s nobody take this as read but 3603 backers raising £68,761 is an average donation of approx £19 per person. I’m going to apologise in advance for my shit maths here: I’m a sociologist mainly so I’ve tried to weave it into a narrative but have also probably wanked up the sums along the way. Nonetheless, it’s a lot of money.

- Let’s hazard a guess that it costs £3 per book to print (I think this is an incredibly high estimate taken from a rudimentary Google search but let’s face it, Jack the compulsive John Lewis shopper is not smart enough to shop around - my web page attached as screenshot). That’s £10,809 for printing.

- Then there’s postage. Again, I’ll be generous and assume it was a medium parcel, 2nd class at £5.20 per unit. That’s £18,735.60 (but we all know she was tight as arseholes and sent it small parcel, hence so many got damaged en route. Again, post office prices attached).

- Let’s assume she got good quality envelopes (screenshot also attached) - approx £1500.

- Paid each illustrator a nominal fee (don’t know how many there are in the book and which aren’t by her but let’s say 10 and she paid them £200 each?) - £2000.

- And I’ll be kind and say the imaginary Victoria did actually exist and got paid another £2k for her troubles. Btw omg is this PRVix who ate the shit for her?! My mind has just made the connection...

- I’m going to assume she was too arrogant to splash out on recipe testers or proof readers.

In total her outlay was £35,044.60 which means that she made over £33,500 for doing absolutely piss all. Around the same time she won £24,000 in her Katie Hopkins case and also got money for various media appearances, columns and for the same, glossier book produced by a publishing house.

So in the space of two years between 2015-17, from grift alone, this demon earned £57,500 + royalties + writing fees + speaking fees etc etc. And here we are on the verge of 2021 with her still wanking on about how SHE RENTS and can’t afford her dream house, while taking cash off those who earn so so much less than her and delivering nothing, NOTHING, in return.

People who steal from the vulnerable used to be considered the lowest of the low yet her Lib Dem sheep are still bleating their effusive praise. Where have we gone wrong???

29E42875-8A1A-4506-A234-1A567BC71F79.png
D7E0B8D1-8E07-4980-8D09-04CFDD505453.png
69DC0437-2C41-49A4-B105-729160EDFE20.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 100

MancBee

VIP Member
@MancBee you are such a wonderful person and it's horrible to think of you being upset.

I know you don't do the swearing...but.. she's a total fucking horrible woman ❤
My friends daughter is a young woman now, and doesn't remember much about her mum. We do everything we can to show her what a beautiful woman her mum was, we try to concentrate on the happy times. But sometimes, things just trigger a sad memory, a person who looks, or sounds like her, a picture, an accent, a situation, a selfish self centred nasty piece of work on the internet :confused:

I am OK, it just gets to me sometimes. It has been a tough year for everyone, but hopefully this Oxford vaccine is a game changer.

• Heart
Reactions: 94