Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scarletfever

VIP Member
Blog post says the gofundme raised 30k which covered 6,500 books. £9 per book would cost £58k. This makes it under £5 per book.
Also we don’t know the terms of the book deal. Some pay an advance then you’d need to sell a million before you get royalties (so you really only get the advance as payment) fora shrewd author/agent with an idea of predicted sales you would have a tired approach advance + 7% per unit from sales after 10k sold.
Then there’s the question - is she selling them herself? Reading about bookshop.org the bookseller makes around 30% of RRP.
However the books were “sold” below rrp at around under £5 each.
Make it make sense!!!!!
Check the GoFundMe blurb JM goes into quite a bit of detail on costs and royalties. She ended up getting the books for £3.50 each inc p&p that's in the May 2019 update. I wanted to screenshot but my phone is on strike.

Reactions: 13

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I know we're not supposed to insult appearances, but this has to be said. Jack has the hands of a middle-aged male manual labourer. I have never seen anything like it on a young woman. Why does she insist on photographing them in most of her food shots?

Edit because I'm feeling abit guilty: everyone has their worst features, and Jack's are her hands. She is otherwise fairly attractive, and this is more a comment on her lack of self-awareness of why she is centering her worst physical feature alllll of the time.
Her feet are none too brilliant either

Reactions: 13

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Would it be a useful idea for someone to copy the publicly available comments from the Kickstarter? Perhaps one of those so heroically keeping 'receipts here? I'm not offering as am just about post Luddite with technology!
Can they be stored in wayback machine?

Reactions: 11

Incywincy

Chatty Member
So, I was on a micro-grunk this morning.
Did someone say it looked like Del Monte had hoofed her into the long grass?
Back to this, the FB post that was shared said not available when I saw it on here. What exactly did it say/what was suggested?

• Wow
Reactions: 11