Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we’ve jumped to the wrong conclusion, “a book to deliver by the end of January” = taking it to the post office :rolleyes:

0981A7A3-131F-49B6-A9F7-1A341ED37599.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
On that note, since it's after midnight here - Happy New Year you lot!

2021 does exists, so let's all hope it's not a total fucker like 2020.

Going to try and go to sleep now 😘
Happy new year to you, and all the contributors to Tattle. Your support, humour and downright cleverness have been some of the few things that has made this year bearable.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
You can literally log-in to your online bank and look at what you’ve spent over the year. Last year I logged into mine and searched “Just Eat”... oh god... that was eye opening. She could cut out the dino naps and spend a few hours breaking it down into categories.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
[Edit: Deleted the photo where Caroline's face is partially visible]

View attachment 365848
Do we have all these things on her ailment list?

Small thumb through sucking it ( I wasn't aware that you could wear away a limb by sucking on it.....I might have to be careful in future 😂 )

Scars from washing up. (Whaaaaaat?)

Soldering iron and glue gun injuries. (obviously severe enough to provide ongoing problems)

Dyshidrotic eczema. (causing spots and sores)

Dermatillomania (skin picking Uuuuuuggggggg)

Moles caused by pregnancy. 🤪 (can you get moles from pregnancy?)

ETA, the hands don't look too bad either, certainly not the grubby looking ones we see now, though the nails could still do with a scrub.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
You can literally log-in to your online bank and look at what you’ve spent over the year. Last year I logged into mine and searched “Just Eat”... oh god... that was eye opening. She could cut out the dino naps and spend a few hours breaking it down into categories.
Didn't her account get rinsed due to some sort of phone hack? £5000 stolen?

ETA.. Which is why she avoids phone banking.

• Wow
Reactions: 33
Hmmm if Caroline didn't exist that might explain the nonstop furlough and Jack doing her own admin/postage. Also we have to have to hand it to Jack, she asks Twitter for recommendations because she knows the cabal will see it and offer excellent suggestions.
Cba to go read the full guidance BUT I’m pretty sure employers using the furlough scheme this time round are being publicly named...(might only be certain size employers but would be interesting to see!)

Reactions: 19
She didn't bother keeping her accounts up to date, did she? You'd have thought that bleeping up to the extent that you missed out on free cash from the Government once would have made you more likely to want to get the in shape for a) the event of it happening again and b) not getting a fuckton of penalties for missing the Self Assessment date as well as the company issues and c) because you'll never get a mortgage - or a new rental contract - if you don't have proof of income.

Wonder if the 'book' is her SA Return? most likely a work of fiction in either case 'That sideboard was purchased for work purposes. And that one. And the posh fridge. Yes, of course I needed two swing chairs for my work - I'm a writer, you know and those shots of my arse in the sunshine were absolutely critical to my career as an essential worker.'

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Small thumb through sucking it ( I wasn't aware that you could wear away a limb by sucking on it.....I might have to be careful in future 😂 )

Soldering iron and glue gun injuries. (obviously severe enough to provide ongoing problems)

ETA, the hands don't look too bad either, certainly not the grubby looking ones we see now, though the nails could still do with a scrub.
Those are Caroline's ailments. Jack certainly surrounds herself with people well-suited to her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Doing her tax return? She really knows how to see in NYE...
She has to do it by end of today to pay any tax out her PAYE she pays herself. Otherwise it’s wend of Jan and then a lump sum or chunky instalments, I think?

• Wow
Reactions: 20
She didn't bother keeping her accounts up to date, did she? You'd have thought that bleeping up to the extent that you missed out on free cash from the Government once would have made you more likely to want to get the in shape for a) the event of it happening again and b) not getting a fuckton of penalties for missing the Self Assessment date as well as the company issues and c) because you'll never get a mortgage - or a new rental contract - if you don't have proof of income.

Wonder if the 'book' is her SA Return? most likely a work of fiction in either case 'That sideboard was purchased for work purposes. And that one. And the posh fridge. Yes, of course I needed two swing chairs for my work - I'm a writer, you know and those shots of my arse in the sunshine were absolutely critical to my career as an essential worker.'
Her behaviour is of someone who has just started going freelance and has no clue. Why she hasn't got quickbooks (or similar), a working printer, a mailmerge system, an account with the post office, properly scheduled and planned social media posts, a private social media account, so the professional ones can stay professional, etc. is beyond me. It's freelance 101. She's been at it for 10 years.

I don't know why, because she really does some horrid things, but incompetent Jack annoys me beyond all Jacks (until tomorrow, when lipstick Jack, vegan Jack or smol pixie Jack will annoy me more).

• Heart
Reactions: 68
There is no legit reason for her admin to still be full time fulrloughed 9 months down the line. Jack has had more work than ever, so there is work to be done and should easily be able to afford paying her. The work was done from home so I don't get why Caroline is being paid by the government to do nothing when there is work to be done by an employer who can afford to pay her.

Reactions: 43

Weren't they carolines hands?

Reactions: 17
9D09FA68-DA40-4EF6-8E86-8A256C0A3481.jpeg
55BFBFD5-DA23-4A93-81AB-A31AE9DF0839.jpeg
F542C07B-0EB0-4DB0-9A8A-E49672B2112E.jpeg
9FD9AED6-A6DA-48E4-B26C-5C22753902B6.jpeg

There is no legit reason for her admin to still be full time fulrloughed 9 months down the line. Jack has had more work than ever, so there is work to be done and should easily be able to afford paying her. The work was done from home so I don't get why Caroline is being paid by the government to do nothing when there is work to be done by an employer who can afford to pay her.
She’s paying her herself, for some Jack reason.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
STOP MAKING EXCUSES! And who gives a crap what you've bought? And weren't you a Sunday school teacher? They're people as well. Stop trying (and failing) to sound interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
STOP MAKING EXCUSES! And who gives a crap what you've bought? And weren't you a Sunday school teacher? They're people as well. Stop trying (and failing) to sound interesting.
She's trying to be all edgy. The only ~embarrassing~ thing that she could have paid for is, let's face it, sex toys, and she's already got a drawerful of them. No one cares.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.