Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't afford butter but can afford sex toys?!*

*Someone far wittier than me could probably insert a joke here.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
She's trying to be all edgy. The only ~embarrassing~ thing that she could have paid for is, let's face it, sex toys, and she's already got a drawerful of them. No one cares.
Purchases for sex toys would not appear on her bank statements as "Two black dildoes and a strap on". They would just appear as a transaction from X company. Unless said Sunday school teacher had purchased from them, they wouldn't know who the company was, would they? She could just say that company provides personal items. I will not elaborate on how I know this. 😂 😂

Though why she would need any more "personal items" when she had a drawer full, is anyone's guess. Especially when she can't afford butter and has to use lard.....I will leave that image with you!

Going back to Caroline's hand. Why on earth would they be discussing her ailments on Jack's Twitter page? Surely Jack would know all about Caroline's ailments. If not, isn't that something you would just natter about over a coffee whilst you are working? (Just remembered, my mistake, Jack doesn't drink coffee, except the milky one, the strong one, the pint jug one, the etc etc etc)

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Sorry guys, I am OBSESSED with the Tin Can Cook Gofundme.

Have been doing some digging in the hopes that someone somewhere can pursue this.

The GoFundMe Was set up in November 2018 to send copies of Tin Can Cook to food banks.

It closed in Sep 2020, having raised £44,643.
JM stated that her publisher had donated thousands of books, Heinz donated thousands of tins, and that donations have been passed to the Trussell Trust in the form of books, cans, or monetary donations.

There is no breakdown of how the funding was spent which is interesting because her May 24 2019 update goes into forensic detail.

Tin Can Cook was published in May 2019 and the GoFundMe update (24 May 2019) states that £23,977 was raised. GoFundMe admin fee was £916.63, making a total if £23,060.37, allowing JM to supply 6588 books at 3.50 per book including postage and packing.

A quick twitter search brings up one tweet from a food bank saying they were one of 100 food banks to get 56 copies.

I think that it would be very interesting, and a public service on behalf of those kind people who donated in good faith to provide a full breakdown of how the funding was spent and how many books were distributed, and how much went on admin costs and into the pockets of the author and publisher.

I am not alleging any wrongdoing, by the way, I am just saying that people who donate to charity deserve transparency and there has to be someone checking up on this.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.