Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@MancBee you are such a wonderful person and it's horrible to think of you being upset.

I know you don't do the swearing...but.. she's a total bleeping horrible woman ❤
My friends daughter is a young woman now, and doesn't remember much about her mum. We do everything we can to show her what a beautiful woman her mum was, we try to concentrate on the happy times. But sometimes, things just trigger a sad memory, a person who looks, or sounds like her, a picture, an accent, a situation, a selfish self centred nasty piece of work on the internet :confused:

I am OK, it just gets to me sometimes. It has been a tough year for everyone, but hopefully this Oxford vaccine is a game changer.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
I am having a bit of a tidy up (Jack would call it work) and I came across that photograph I mentioned in an earlier thread. Her playacting of a person with cancer has really got to me, I cannot explain quite how angry, disgusted, outraged and downright offended I am.

A coachload of 36 Gay men in their 20's and 30's, back in the 80's, and only I was still alive 10 years later. HIV and AIDs took so many young and lovely men. I visited them in hospital, nursed them, listened to them, laughed and cried with them. Not one, and I mean not one, of them had half the self pity of that woman.

A good friend (and boss as it happened) died of breast cancer when she was only 32, leaving a beautiful 5 year old daughter. Her husband had left her for another woman a year before. Not once did she take pitiful photographs of herself for attention or sympathy.

I am actually in tears, I can't tell you what a wicked woman Jack is.

I can't get that picture of her using cancer imagery out of my mind, she is beneath contempt.
@MancBee I am so sorry she is affecting you like this.

Mrs Tunnel and I often talk about how difficult it must have been to live through those days in the 80s and 90s. To see so many friends suffer on top of the discrimination you were facing must have been heartbreaking. Her flippant jokes about being gay trivialises those times in a way that cannot be forgiven.

We are forever grateful for those who have gone before us so we can live the lives we do today.

The photo is just horrific and yet again is harming so many on here.

❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 72
I am having a bit of a tidy up (Jack would call it work) and I came across that photograph I mentioned in an earlier thread. Her playacting of a person with cancer has really got to me, I cannot explain quite how angry, disgusted, outraged and downright offended I am.

A coachload of 36 Gay men in their 20's and 30's, back in the 80's, and only I was still alive 10 years later. HIV and AIDs took so many young and lovely men. I visited them in hospital, nursed them, listened to them, laughed and cried with them. Not one, and I mean not one, of them had half the self pity of that woman.

A good friend (and boss as it happened) died of breast cancer when she was only 32, leaving a beautiful 5 year old daughter. Her husband had left her for another woman a year before. Not once did she take pitiful photographs of herself for attention or sympathy.

I can't get that picture of her using cancer imagery out of my mind, she is beneath contempt.
That photo is what tipped me from feeling annoyance & frustration about her into an actual strong dislike. (Can’t say hate as I tell my kids it’s over used!) God she’s vile!!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Another one to add to the list.

is that different to the translation of one that was mentioned a while ago? ~sigh.

fine! it's going on.

btw, The List kinda has a birthday today. it's a whole two months old! 🎂 yes, i thought it'd been longer too 🥴 as ever, we are in jacktime, things are different here

20201230_111859.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
In her likes this morning. So far she hasn't suggested a sentient mirror, £400 hammock or Cotswold Co sideboard, but there's still time...View attachment 364365
She needs to get a grip. This attitude - buying things to cheer herself up - is what has led to her house looking like an explosion in a charity shop (her words!).

And I get it, I really do, because being online is to be constantly bombarded with ads and temptations. It's horrendous and it is ruining lives. Tattle is probably one of the few places I visit online where it isn't constant pressure to buy.

Sending hugs to @MancBee and @Flivver and everyone else she causes distress to.

She really is so flippant about everything, it's disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I’m a pretty damn mentally robust person, but the last couple of days have been seriously kicking my mental backside. I’ve basically turned into a growly irritable hole.

Whilst I know it’s all this <waves arm at world> and being an Academia Frau means we actually have proper shutdown over the Xmas break so no work to distract me, I’m associating this to JMs ramping up of arsehattery - she is truly anger making in so many ways.

I think I may need to take a wee break from her twattery. HNY Fraus - let’s hope 2021 sees an improvement in our collective lives.
X

• Heart
Reactions: 61
The lip filler/ headscarf pity party photo only has 2 comments (one of them from JM of course), and only 30 likes. So it obviously didn’t go down well with the vast majority of her followers. She’s kept it up though :mad:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Well, to cheer myself up today, I'm making a Bird's trifle. I found it hiding in the kitchen from my lockdown comfort food phase. Unfortunately, I don't have any tinned fruit, Del Monte or otherwise, so Jack will not be amused.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Am I alone in thinking that if people read what is in the public domain, they have a right to do with it what they want?

As a member of Tattle, I know that I should not go on any other public platform and I don't. However, if someone that is not a Tattle member reads here and is disgusted by Jack's behaviour, we have no right to tell them what to do with the information that we have allowed them to read, It is akin to saying that we are wrong to read Twitter and use that information here.

The allegations of bullying go on whatever, so suggesting that it is feeding into her narrative, is in my opinion a moot point.

If we do not want members of the public reading here and reusing the information as they wish, we should not have a publicly accessible site. If you are unhappy that people read here and reuse the content elsewhere, then perhaps we should lock the site to members only, or you should not post anything that you do not want to be reused elsewhere.

I think it is a bit hypocritical to use Twitter content here, and be surprised that Tattle content is used elsewhere. It is why I will only ever post information that I know to be true, and that I would be willing to defend in court. If Tattle stays public, then you have to accept that the information is freely available for people to use without your consent.

Most information posted on Tattle is available elsewhere anyway, mainly on Jack's own Twitter. It is where you wonderful Fraus get all the damning evidence. To expect it to stay on Tattle is being a little naive.
All very good points that I agree with. I didn't screenshot any squiggles but some of them set my alarm bells ringing and I didn't want our fun to be spoiled.

Reactions: 27
Well, to cheer myself up today, I'm making a Bird's trifle. I found it hiding in the kitchen from my lockdown comfort food phase. Unfortunately, I don't have any tinned fruit, Del Monte or otherwise, so Jack will not be amused.
You can substitute penne pasta.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
In her likes this morning. So far she hasn't suggested a sentient mirror, £400 hammock or Cotswold Co sideboard, but there's still time...View attachment 364365
Nothing! Stuff hasn't made you happy so far, stuff wont make you happy in future. Being nice to people not lying and not ripping people off will make you feel less miserable!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I remember a tweet of Jacks saying it was convenient that the Govt. had imposed new levels of restrictions just as a no deal brexit was approaching. Does anyone have a screenshot of that?

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Very tempted to suggest she makes a donation to a charity instead.

ETA: Just realised it was a tweet she liked, not one she wrote herself. Still...

Reactions: 21

Big hugs, MancBee. You are such a kind, warm person. I'm so sorry that Jack's grotesque behaviour is hurting you like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
My friends daughter is a young woman now, and doesn't remember much about her mum. We do everything we can to show her what a beautiful woman her mum was, we try to concentrate on the happy times. But sometimes, things just trigger a sad memory, a person who looks, or sounds like her, a picture, an accent, a situation, a selfish self centred nasty piece of work on the internet :confused:

I am OK, it just gets to me sometimes. It has been a tough year for everyone, but hopefully this Oxford vaccine is a game changer.
What a good person you are, so so sorry that this is causing you upset xxxx fingers crossed vaccine will make things a little easier for us all

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Any baked beans you could rinse? Anything from any tin can be substituted, tuna, stewed steak, Ye Olde Oak Ham?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.