Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mushroom soup right pissed me off, too! Literally a haul of yellow stickered mushrooms mixed with hot water. It would taste so vile that the person making it would end up wasting it, plus again where is the time spent on recipe development? She’s a charlatan 😖
Whyyyyy would she not even use a stock cube?

• Sick
Reactions: 36
The 'and Christ, my bum hurts' at the end trying to make it sound like a proper written anecdote. Cringe.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
I am having a bit of a tidy up (Jack would call it work) and I came across that photograph I mentioned in an earlier thread. Her playacting of a person with cancer has really got to me, I cannot explain quite how angry, disgusted, outraged and downright offended I am.

A coachload of 36 Gay men in their 20's and 30's, back in the 80's, and only I was still alive 10 years later. HIV and AIDs took so many young and lovely men. I visited them in hospital, nursed them, listened to them, laughed and cried with them. Not one, and I mean not one, of them had half the self pity of that woman.

A good friend (and boss as it happened) died of breast cancer when she was only 32, leaving a beautiful 5 year old daughter. Her husband had left her for another woman a year before. Not once did she take pitiful photographs of herself for attention or sympathy.

I am actually in tears, I can't tell you what a wicked woman Jack is.

I can't get that picture of her using cancer imagery out of my mind, she is beneath contempt.
I'd like to think that if Jack does read the thread she takes a moment of reflection on your message. If shes any sort of human being she will. She will take a moment and realise that her actions have consequences in the real world and hurt people. I'm sorry for your pain

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I know I am absolutely obsessed with this story. It's the Monroe bullshit hill I would die on, but it's just the most extraordinary bleeping nonsense.

Her description doesn't make sense. If she fell facing the train, as would be logical, upper body strength wouldn't help her because her arms would be behind her, perhaps in the manner of someone lounging in a swimming pool. Which means she fell facing the platform which...how? She walked backwards off the platform and fell... straight down? That doesn't make sense, you'd just walk into the train and, at worst, one foot would go off the edge, surely?

But then her arse saved her, so how did upper body strength become involved? If her arse was at upper platform level, her entire body would be above the platform. Did she claw wildly at an alarmed passerby?

As I've recounted before, I'm sure you all remember gripped as you no doubt are by my missives, I once fell onto a tube train. My flipflop got jammed under the step and so I went forwards like a plank into the carriage. So it is possible to fall into a train. Off of a train seems equally likely. But under? Under the train?

{Fire at seaparks.gif}

(I'm writing this whilst eating and my OH asked what I was doing. Said I'm part of a Jack Monroe hate forum and he hasn't stopped laughing at how random that is yet 🤣)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 110
Like a stopped clock she’s occasionally right- I liked the micro porridge oats one as I liked porridge and I commuted so it was a revelation to me to make my own and save some £ on those sachets 🤷🏼‍♀️
Like a lot of people here I was taken in by Jack. If you are a normal person who cares for others, then you will be taken in by a narcissist. I think for me I always imagined her family didn’t have a relationship with her because she was gay and trans. So it made sense that she was alone raising SB because that’s the story of other people I have known.
I think the most shocking thing I have learned here is that she co-parents with sb’s Dad and her family speak to her.
Babes. Same.

I took her at face value too, I think she preys on people's inherent niceness

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I need to see a MS Paint diagram of this, the physics don’t work. So she was running and slipped feet first and was propelled under the train? Moving or? Did she just slip getting on? Surely the train was stopped then so no danger of getting churned up???
There was a photo on Twitter. It showed slush on a platform with a possible small slip mark but it wasn't clear at all 😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I know I am absolutely obsessed with this story. It's the Monroe bullshit hill I would die on, but it's just the most extraordinary bleeping nonsense.

Her description doesn't make sense. If she fell facing the train, as would be logical, upper body strength wouldn't help her because her arms would be behind her, perhaps in the manner of someone lounging in a swimming pool. Which means she fell facing the platform which...how? She walked backwards off the platform and fell... straight down? That doesn't make sense, you'd just walk into the train and, at worst, one foot would go off the edge, surely?

But then her arse saved her, so how did upper body strength become involved? If her arse was at upper platform level, her entire body would be above the platform. Did she claw wildly at an alarmed passerby?

As I've recounted before, I'm sure you all remember gripped as you no doubt are by my missives, I once fell onto a tube train. My flipflop got jammed under the step and so I went forwards like a plank into the carriage. So it is possible to fall into a train. Off of a train seems equally likely. But under? Under the train?

{Fire at seaparks.gif}

(I'm writing this whilst eating and my OH asked what I was doing. Said I'm part of a Jack Monroe hate forum and he hasn't stopped laughing at how random that is yet 🤣)
Maybe my grasp of anatomy is dodgy, but how could her hips be under the train while her arse isn’t?? Aren’t your hips at like, the top of your arse?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.