Jack Monroe #124 Jack Monroe has and had covid, coronavirus, rona, covid-19 and long covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still, it would be good for Veganuary to make it clear that she shouldn't be using their hashtag to punt whatever it is she's punting, given the fact she's attempting to piggyback on them to make some cash when she clearly doesn't give a f*ck about it for the other 11 months of the year.
Especially as her current pinned tweet is showing her wrinkly chicken and pigs in blankets. Gives me the horrors everytime I go on her twitter.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
This is the only thing putting me off this year, it's difficult enough without adding more restrictions! Hope it goes well for you! :)
Think of it as an expansion, not a restriction: focus on adding foods in rather than cutting foods out.

Reactions: 19
Just looking in my old email, but not sure if I do, I've deleted some of them - lots of excuses, I must have had more emails about this project than actual work! Got one where she blames the delay on people being mean to her on the Kickstarter page because she'd ripped them off... text below

Dear all,
I understand your frustrations that the book has run so late. As I have said in almost every update so far, I was overly ambitious in trying to do it on my own in six months.

My first book took 18 months, and a team of 20 people, and a professional publisher, to get out. I have assigned someone to deal with emails so if you email directly for an update, you will get a response. I oversee this and am satisfied that Victoria handles these queries swiftly and effectively. We made a decision months ago – after this ‘wall’ descended into a handful of quite unpleasant troublemakers – not to try to intervene with it, because it impacted on my ability to do the work I needed to complete the book (imagine working in an office where people walked in all day screaming at you how rubbish you are...) and we left you to it. I am sad to see that people who took their refunds months ago are still here stirring the pot. The book is complete. The recipes have been done, triple tested, edited. The illustrations have been scanned in. The printer has been chosen. The envelopes are being written. I have met with my editor and we are excited because it is beautiful and we are proud of it. In our last meeting we emphasised that it absolutely has to be on your doormats by Christmas. I am doing everything I can to make that so. I apologise for my arthritis holding me back, I cannot type as fast or as furiously as I once could. I apologise for being anxious and depressive. I apologise for ill health, my tumultuous life, and for trying to run before I could walk. I thank those of you who have hung in – 99% of you have stuck this out with me – and your books are almost ready.

Jack
I apologise for being me me me. Me me me. I’m so special. I have all these conditions to guilt trip you with...me me me...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
Oh wait, I'm finding more and more emails from Mackie Jonroe (via Kickstarter):

TOOT TOOT! BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hello lovely readers and backers. I can only apologise profusely for the delay in the Kickstarter edition of Cooking On A Bootstrap - I have been ridiculously busy with a lot of balls in the air, and on top of that, my health has been pretty rubbish recently. I spent last weekend in A&E. I've been sick on and off for months. I've had dark spells of depression and immobility..................blah blah......

And as an apology for the delay, I will be sending every single backer a signed print of one of the illustrations from Cooking On A Bootstrap, to say thankyou for bearing with me, and for understanding, and for supporting.

I'm hugely sorry if anyone is disappointed by the delay - I am my own biggest critic and have been beating myself up emotionally about it for weeks - but I would rather deliver a brilliant, tested, proof read, joyous book a little late, than a rushed, sloppy useless one on time. It was always going to be ambitious. I have learned a lesson about taking too much on and overestimating the number of hours in a week (I currently work around 90!), and I hope you'll love it.

(If anyone is so disappointed that they want a refund on the book, please email me directly on [email protected]and we can sort it out. I will be happy to try to resolve it, and will donate your pledged-for copy as part of the libraries and schools scheme instead.)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 75
Oh wait, I'm finding more and more emails from Mackie Jonroe (via Kickstarter):

TOOT TOOT! BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hello lovely readers and backers. I can only apologise profusely for the delay in the Kickstarter edition of Cooking On A Bootstrap - I have been ridiculously busy with a lot of balls in the air, and on top of that, my health has been pretty rubbish recently. I spent last weekend in A&E. I've been sick on and off for months. I've had dark spells of depression and immobility..................blah blah......

And as an apology for the delay, I will be sending every single backer a signed print of one of the illustrations from Cooking On A Bootstrap, to say thankyou for bearing with me, and for understanding, and for supporting.

I'm hugely sorry if anyone is disappointed by the delay - I am my own biggest critic and have been beating myself up emotionally about it for weeks - but I would rather deliver a brilliant, tested, proof read, joyous book a little late, than a rushed, sloppy useless one on time. It was always going to be ambitious. I have learned a lesson about taking too much on and overestimating the number of hours in a week (I currently work around 90!), and I hope you'll love it.

(If anyone is so disappointed that they want a refund on the book, please email me directly on [email protected]and we can sort it out. I will be happy to try to resolve it, and will donate your pledged-for copy as part of the libraries and schools scheme instead.)
Did you get your signed print?

How would she donate the pledged for book AND give a refund...I note the wording only implies a refund would be given.

Reactions: 41
Did you get your signed print?

How would she donate the pledged for book AND give a refund...I note the wording only implies a refund would be given.
I got my bloody money back, and gave it to my local foodbank.

I think this one was my favourite missive:

Hi everyone! Thankyou for your continuing patience - this is proving to be a long process and I just want you all to know that I am chipping away at it every single day. I fell and badly injured my knee a few weeks ago, and still continued to limp up to the post office lugging a suitcase of books. Today I dragged books through the rain, wheezing with a chest infection. Reading some of the comments here is disheartening, but the nice messages and comments are a joy to read. A few housekeeping updates will follow, but can I plead with you, I am doing my very best, can we please, please keep the negativity to a minimum as it is mentally battering to read - and ESPECIALLY as some of the most vocally megative of you HAVE RECEIVED REFUNDS and so have no further investment in this project other than to try to stir the pot. You know who you are and you are driving me to a complete mental breakdown. It is bullying and you should be frankly ashamed of yourselves. If you had a refund through PayPal, unfortunately you can still comment here. I am loathe to name and shame you but if I have to, I will, so the others know not to pay attention to your sniping and griping. Sorry to come down hard but it is frustrating for those who have had refunds to be still here causing trouble, and I'm sorry it's come to this. The rest of you - your books are on the way. Thankyou for your patience.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 126
‘vocally megative’

Insert Ron Swanson giggling gif.

WOW. These are like a parody. I can’t get over how awful they are, it’s ALL about her!

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Just looking in my old email, but not sure if I do, I've deleted some of them - lots of excuses, I must have had more emails about this project than actual work! Got one where she blames the delay on people being mean to her on the Kickstarter page because she'd ripped them off... text below

Dear all,
I understand your frustrations that the book has run so late. As I have said in almost every update so far, I was overly ambitious in trying to do it on my own in six months.

My first book took 18 months, and a team of 20 people, and a professional publisher, to get out. I have assigned someone to deal with emails so if you email directly for an update, you will get a response. I oversee this and am satisfied that Victoria handles these queries swiftly and effectively. We made a decision months ago – after this ‘wall’ descended into a handful of quite unpleasant troublemakers – not to try to intervene with it, because it impacted on my ability to do the work I needed to complete the book (imagine working in an office where people walked in all day screaming at you how rubbish you are...) and we left you to it. I am sad to see that people who took their refunds months ago are still here stirring the pot. The book is complete. The recipes have been done, triple tested, edited. The illustrations have been scanned in. The printer has been chosen. The envelopes are being written. I have met with my editor and we are excited because it is beautiful and we are proud of it. In our last meeting we emphasised that it absolutely has to be on your doormats by Christmas. I am doing everything I can to make that so. I apologise for my arthritis holding me back, I cannot type as fast or as furiously as I once could. I apologise for being anxious and depressive. I apologise for ill health, my tumultuous life, and for trying to run before I could walk. I thank those of you who have hung in – 99% of you have stuck this out with me – and your books are almost ready.

Jack
So her first book took 18 months and a team of 20 people in addition to a professional publisher? Yet she talks about it as though she did the whole thing herself.

Everything about her screams charlatan.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76

Dear all,

Jack
What an absolute bleep.
How bleeping dare she? The audacity of it.
I'm glad you got your money back Limey, but sorry you got such a crappy response.
I can only compare it to my Sainsbury's delivery this evening...
They only gave me 2 bottles of Cava, not the 3 I ordered (apologies for the first world problems, but bear with...)
Mr Moo rang them up and said 'am awfully sorry to bother you, but there is a slight mix up'
Sainsbury's lady 'I'm very sorry sir, we will issue you a credit voucher to your next order, or would you prefer a refund?'
THAT'S IT.
Not that Narcissistic response. She doesn't actually apologise does she? She is actually blaming you for her robbing you isn't she?
Oh my Christ I'm fuming for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 86
Her list of pathetic ailments in the emails....just awful! She's absolutely horrendous. God knows how she is still going.

• Sad
Reactions: 53
Jesus H Christ I’ve just been scanning through the Kickstarter comments, what a shitshow. Her updates are making me HOWL though - how DARE you bunch of bullies SNIPE and GRIPE at me to deliver a product you’ve literally paid for. Your refund’s on the way, babes.
DC7F6A4D-C060-4FB8-9593-6A39F638B3C0.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 98
I got my bloody money back, and gave it to my local foodbank.

I think this one was my favourite missive:

Hi everyone! Thankyou for your continuing patience - this is proving to be a long process and I just want you all to know that I am chipping away at it every single day. I fell and badly injured my knee a few weeks ago, and still continued to limp up to the post office lugging a suitcase of books. Today I dragged books through the rain, wheezing with a chest infection. Reading some of the comments here is disheartening, but the nice messages and comments are a joy to read. A few housekeeping updates will follow, but can I plead with you, I am doing my very best, can we please, please keep the negativity to a minimum as it is mentally battering to read - and ESPECIALLY as some of the most vocally megative of you HAVE RECEIVED REFUNDS and so have no further investment in this project other than to try to stir the pot. You know who you are and you are driving me to a complete mental breakdown. It is bullying and you should be frankly ashamed of yourselves. If you had a refund through PayPal, unfortunately you can still comment here. I am loathe to name and shame you but if I have to, I will, so the others know not to pay attention to your sniping and griping. Sorry to come down hard but it is frustrating for those who have had refunds to be still here causing trouble, and I'm sorry it's come to this. The rest of you - your books are on the way. Thankyou for your patience.
If this was sent to me (even without all the other tiny violin emails) I would absolutely be more angry and inclined to keep complaining. You screwed up, own it. Can you imagine if your bank sent you an email like that?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.