Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Hi. Long time listener, first time caller. This was me and happy for you to screenshot my email as long as my name is removed! Have been seriously suspicious of Jack since beginning of lockdown when she started moaning about having no money or work, even though she was with a Channel 4 executive. So I unfollowed her then.

Am a final year PhD student working on a topic related to food and poverty and seeing her RTed praising her for that mess made me rage. Have followed the Tattle thread pretty closely minus screenshots after searching "Jack Monroe liar" not long after that haha. But only just made this account because it seems like exactly the time drain I don't need when I'm trying to write 80,000 words.

Not surprised that nobody has responded to the email directly because I tweeted about the £20 shop when I blocked her and only one person in the field agreed. She is Teflon.
Your email made me SO happy, especially as so many 'critical thinkers' take Jack at face value. But it's also frustratingly understandable that they do - nobody *expects* someone to be a lying narcissist, so people just assume she speaks the truth, and because she can write emotively and looks the part (white, attractive etc) everyone just believes her story unless they look deeper 😖

Here's the screenshot in all its glory:

2020-12-18 (5)_LI.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 164

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
All right, not wanting to 🔺🔺🔺 anyone (or myself) but SOMEBODY just sent an amazing email to an academic mailing list I'm part of completely destroying Jack because another email suggested 'the artist formally known as potatoes' as essential reading for understanding food poverty. Really sorry I can't screenshot but it was brutal and brilliant and I am HERE for it. That person MUST be a Tattler.

They're very welcome to DM me (if they're comfortable) cos I am absolutely dying to know who it is :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Hi. Long time listener, first time caller. This was me and happy for you to screenshot my email as long as my name is removed! Have been seriously suspicious of Jack since beginning of lockdown when she started moaning about having no money or work, even though she was with a Channel 4 executive. So I unfollowed her then.

Am a final year PhD student working on a topic related to food and poverty and seeing her RTed praising her for that mess made me rage. Have followed the Tattle thread pretty closely minus screenshots after searching "Jack Monroe liar" not long after that haha. But only just made this account because it seems like exactly the time drain I don't need when I'm trying to write 80,000 words.

Not surprised that nobody has responded to the email directly because I tweeted about the £20 shop when I blocked her and only one person in the field agreed. She is Teflon.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 150

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
@MancBee
The house smells like the funeral home where I saw my Dad before we screwed the lid on the box.
He WAS dead, we didn't just bury him for shits and giggles.
The dog left the kitchen and he sticks to me like a conjoined twin when I'm cooking
It tastes very salty, slightly sweet but surprisingly un-oniony.
Like herbs in hot water with half a tsp of sugar.
It leaves a greasy residue on your lips, like being kissed by someone wearing chapstick.
It needs some cornflour to thicken it but that will do nothing to improve the flavour.
Ten out of Ten will never do it again.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 117
I know why that miserable 'Christmas' pile of nihilism on a plate bothers some fraus.

It's the meanspirited half effort made by the ex mother in law on the day you were informed that you had to go there rather than have your own Christmas 'Because visiting family is what middleclass families do'.

You aren't allowed to give the kids all their presents to wake up with, as it's not the done thing, so they've had three each. You've been told that because you'll be eating Dinner soon, you're not to let them have anything more than toast or a bowl of cereal at 8.30am, rather than making a proper Christmas Breakfast accompanied by a Bucks Fizz or boozy coffee as he's going to be driving, so you aren't allowed either. 11.30am comes and you dutifully wrangle children into acceptable clothing when they just want to play with toys and watch Christmas movies. You drive in silence to deepest Suburbia, past houses full of giggling children and cycling lessons in the streets and parks.

Once you arrive, you notice just how little has been decorated. There's a thirty year old and dusty like a long dead Aunt decoration on the inside porch door - no putting a wreath on the outside, as somebody said once that wreath mean 'All Welcome' and nobody wants that. The Christmas Tree lights are off 'because it's not Christmas Eve any more'. It's either deathly silent or the father in law is going through his 27 CD collection of Christmas carols as performed by a synthesizer orchestra from the early 70s as per A Clockwork Orange . The dogs have been shut out in the garden and the washing still stands on an airer in the conservatory.

Three hours later, the other sibling and spouse turn up. MIL now goes into firefighting mode as there are SIX people in the house. Dinner is nearly ready, apparently, not that you can smell anything. The children are allocated a plastic table in the conservatory next to the FIL's Y fronts in case they giggle. You assemble hopefully, thinking that it can't really all be ready from the two saucepans you've seen boiling for the last hour in the kitchen. You've offered to help, but this has been turned down.

And then the plates arrive. You have one small slice of white/grey meat, skin removed. There are two pieces of slightly greasy, yellowish potato about the size of a Jersey Royal. Three strips of carrot. A piece of greying broccoli in its own puddle of cold cooking water. And about a tablespoon of chicken Oxo. That's it. You're sitting there in silence, feeling vaguely jealous of the dogs in the garden who have been given their own Turkey leg each as part of their raw feeding regime. The kids come back from the pants drying area to see where the rest of the food is. There is no more food; she's already slightly miffed that they expected more than one potato each. MIL declares that she is simply full to the brim and won't eat again today as everybody has had so much to eat already as she picks up the plates and goes to wash up, refusing your offer to help/escape from the silence, punctuated by a soundtrack you associate with beating somebody to death with a giant china phallus.

Then it's Present Time. You all have to sit down and take turns in opening the things you never wanted, including the 18 months out of date biscuits that FIL retrieved from a skip next door to his workplace. This goes on for so long that it's getting dark. But you're obliged to stay until after even the smaller shops have closed. The TV never goes on. Eventually, you leave after being offered a tablespoon of Christmas Pudding. There is no ice cream or anything the kids would have liked. Even a single cup of tea is accompanied by the instruction to use the secondhand teabag on the side as 'You can get two cups of tea from a teabag, you know'.

You take your bottle of £2 bubblebath, regifted diary and packet of biros from the Pound Shop (because middleclass families 'don't waste money on fancy presents'), get home and go back to a home that would have been warm, bright and comfortable. The food would have been joyful and filled with colour and flavour, the kids would have played and relaxed and eaten and watched a film cuddled up on the sofa in their new pyjamas whilst you finished the evening with the warm and fuzzy glow of a couple of drinks. And you think 'I am never, ever doing that again'.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 111

Misslucky

hey everyone i thought i would finally say hello, you've probably all seen me liking all your stuff since feb /march time!!
i got onto our good friend jack after joining tattle to look at old pip schofs escapades and noticed jacks thread,i followed her a couple of years back and thought something was fishy then these threads really opened my eyes
i was here for the JO pile on ,DKL watch along and the famous thread when she graced us with her presence haha
i went through stages of catching up to the present time then forgot about it but i always caught up eventually!
i just want to stay you lot have gotten me through this year and made me laugh so much when i've felt down due to this shitstorm of a year/work/chronic health conditions and life in general
thank(space) you

• Heart
Reactions: 108

jenny2603

VIP Member
She knows she has a massive challenge to try and direct attention away from 'The Sloppies' later on. I don't rule out an A&E lady doctor being involved.

What odds can I get on this episode inevitably resulting in a 'Long Covid' self-diagnosis that will be wheeled out to excuse any future failures to deliver?

The year is 2028. Our heroine Jack takes a break from saving the poor and logs into Twitter to ask if anyone remembers Spangles...

Squiggle1: Sorry to bother you Jack but I've been messaging about my Thrifty Shades of Beige perks for a few years now. I know you're BUSY but I was just wondering when I can expect my postcards. P.S You're a superstar!

Jack: You probably haven't given me your address. That's usually the problem. Also I have had SEVERE LONG COVID so you know sorry if I don't just jump to attention the minute you click your fingers. I have been asked not to overwhelm the Post Office and would like to respect that even if you clearly don't.

Squiggle1: Thanks for responding Jack. You've been so brave and I'm sorry if my Tweet caused you any offence. I'll wait anther couple of years and see if anything turns up.

Jack: Sorry if I was a bit off but I've been getting bullied online for twenty seven years over the last six months and I'm a bit hypersensitive like I'm being slowly devoured from the inside out by a fanged parasite that doesn't have shins so cannot be kicked. I am suffering but my tormentors don't care that they're slowly killing me.

Squiggle1: Oh Jack I'm so sorry. I can't believe the abuse you take just for trying to help people. Remember we love you you lil' superstar.

Squiggle2: STOP BULLYING JACK YOU RANCID TORY SHIT

Squiggle3: Fuck you scum. Jack is a fucking hero.

Squiggle 4: APOLOGISE TO JACK YOU NONCE

Squiggle1: I've said sorry. I would never upset Jack on purpose.

Squiggle3: Delete your account you ugly Tory hell spawn.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 107

Minky McMoneypenny

I've got a few pages to catch up, but I wanted the share this photo of the angel from the top of our tree. She fell off the tree today and both her arms broke off in bits. I've glued/sellotaped them back on, but instead of praying, she now looks like she's doing a slow, sarcastic handclap and she is totally a Frau! OMG, she's lost a bit of eye too :oops:
1608148869407.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Imagine in 20 years if SB is feverish and reminiscing on his childhood foods

'Sausages, sausages, sausages, sausage curry, sausage burger, sausages, sausages, sausagne, sausages, sausages '

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 99

MancBee

VIP Member
She’s claiming a top temp of 41.5 Celsius? 😳 That’s an astronomical fever for an adult. Kids can spike really high fevers (if my kids hit 41 I’d take them straight to A&E) but extremely high temps are a lot rarer in adults IIRC.

She claims to be maintaining a temp of 40 but is happily tweeting? The last couple of times I’ve had a fever, it’s been 38 and I felt too shit to do anything other than curl up in a ball.

This is all very very suspicious.
Just looked on an NHS site. Temperature over 40, the advice is to go to the hospital immediately. If she has had a temp of 105 for a couple of days (41) then it is serious and she needs to get to A&E. Though something just doesn't ring true. A terrible fever, feeling ill, yet is interacting on Twitter. Not only interacting with people, sorting out and posting recipes and photographs of shit food.

Anyone that has ever had a fever will tell you that the last thing they want to do is.........well anything. If you feel like shit you just want to curl up in bed do nothing and ignore everyone. Call me cynical, but I smell something, and it ain't a nice roast dinner.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Captainmouse for the thread title! Nominated by three other posters, no less: @Petelgeuse, @Boyo, and @Minky McMoneypenny. A trifecta of nominations, well done Mouse. A plate of kumquats for you.

Recap of thread #118
  1. There were more eggs - this time of both chicken and fish, and mingling together on toast.
  2. She had to go into isolation. But it’s ok, she has her clipboard. She’s ‘been training [her] whole life for this’.
  3. What do you mean the ‘whole family doesn’t have to isolate?’ IT’S MORE COMPLICATED THAN THAT. That’s why she deigns to post barely formulated lies on Twitter.
  4. Please trust her to run her own household, she’s been ‘doing it for 15 years’. And how dare you base an opinion on something she has chosen to post about publicly?
  5. Stop worrying about her, she is going to be just fine. (Yep, she really, really is.)
  6. For those silly enough to be her patrons, don’t expect anything in the post.
  7. Louisa tested positive for Covid.
  8. She appears to be knitting herself a little blanky friend.
  9. Christmas dinner-a-plenty has been uploaded onto Twitter, along with some sort of avant-garde film.
  10. [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
    ‘I did a chaos’
    ‘My maverick brain’
    ‘My sad little face’
    ‘I’m BUSY’
    ‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
    ‘I laughed up a lung’

** NEW **
    ‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy’ and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’.

She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB.

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • ** NEW ** However, during Lockdown 2 (November 2020), a bubble buddy, ‘buddle’ (BB) came to stay with Jack. BB is pescatarian, cycles 200 miles a week, and works in London. Jack is teaching her to cook, while also using her as a figure of gentle ridicule. She cannot cook, she cannot iron, she cannot clean the television properly, she left the hose out and it got eaten by a fox, and she doesn’t know the difference between wet and dry ingredients.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
    [*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*]

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Wasn’t she just tweeting about how eating an apple and a cracker was the hardest thing she had ever faced such was her lack of appetite?! Yet now she’s listing reams of rich, heavy foods (by the way, was she brought up in a fucking Enid Blyton novel or something?! She was a kid in the 90s - we were all guzzling turkey twizzlers ffs).

She knows that nostalgic food tweets get engagement, pure and simple. Extra notches for the dopamine like-ometer. I’m with @BeautifulTrauma - she’s not got it and if she has it’s essentially symptom-free. The longer she tweets shit the more she tells on herself tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
All right, not wanting to 🔺🔺🔺 anyone (or myself) but SOMEBODY just sent an amazing email to an academic mailing list I'm part of completely destroying Jack because another email suggested 'the artist formally known as potatoes' as essential reading for understanding food poverty. Really sorry I can't screenshot but it was brutal and brilliant and I am HERE for it. That person MUST be a Tattler.

They're very welcome to DM me (if they're comfortable) cos I am absolutely dying to know who it is :LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Right I’m gonna briefly defend Jack but I promise it’s only so I can trash her again in a moment...

I think occasionally (and I am guilty of this as anyone) we do some performative heaving at her food pics, mainly because although she thinks she’s such a talented food stylist, nobody in this world is making a chickpea soup look good, let alone Jack who, for all the glitzy paper backdrops in the world, cannot cook in the first place. We definitely project our knowledge of her ineptitude (and dislike of her) onto her photos.

However, I think this Christmas dinner may be one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen, and I feel actively sorry for people who might try it in the hope it wouldn’t be absolutely fucking foul. What in the name of all that is good in this world is that oily custard?! Also those Yorkshires are 100% shop bought.

First - has she not heard of Iceland? Is Southend too posh for Iceland? Any times I’ve been really skint I’ve done my Christmas shop there, and they have some really lovely veg sides and fresh meat and veggie options and appetising desserts for really good prices. Who the fuck is rendering the fat from cooking bacon to mix with potato water when there are cheap, considerably tastier ready-made versions??

Secondly - omg that maggot prawn cocktail. Sweet lord. Why waste a chunk of budget on prawns and grapefruit (which I bet is fucking Del Monte btw) when you could get some sausage meat for a proper stuffing with the money, or a real nut roast instead of a brick of sadness made from parsnip shavings? Or some beige Boxing Day oven treats (Iceland duck spring rolls unbeatable btw).

Thirdly - I’d like to express advance condolences to any poor schmuck attempting that dessert. I’ve just been to Sainsbury’s (look at me transcending class boundaries...) and the iced mince pies were like, a quid for 6. I’ll pass on the old bread and mincemeat cheers, Jack.

I can see why she’s offering these options - no food writer is going to render themselves redundant by saying “just get prepped veg, mate!”. But in reality she knows that nobody in their right mind would try that lard fest, least of all her, as she’s no doubt got her Ocado slot nailed down. The workable option is to list great offers in various supermarkets, and little hacks to keep down costs. I thought these indices of retail were her specialty? But no, Jack’s lake of lipids gravy must take centre stage. Pat her head, squiggle sycophants, while you thank your lucky stars that you are so middle class you’ve never gone lower than Nigella.

Sorry that was a mega rant. I feel strongly about Christmas dinner.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 90