Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Professor Slop

I just wanted to thank you all for being so kind, witty and overall lovely. I've just being grunkaing during a very boring talk on zoom and the number of times I had to try and hide my giggles (video must be on!) was numerous - then came Mel Donte slopbot! 😂 😂

I've had a pretty crap year work wise, now on my 3rd short term contract of the year and I came within 1 day of being let go in November. Although it has gotten to me, you lot were a hugely welcome distraction from fretting about how I'd pay my mortgage. One which I'll still be needing as I've got until Feb before it potentially runs out again.

Much love and gratitude to you all, and I hope you all have as lovely a holiday period as you can. xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87

Emmapism

VIP Member
Whilst we are on the subject of food waste- this is the bread and butter pudding I made from the pastries going spare at my local bakery. They sell them off cheaply using the app Too Good to Go and you can get a big bag of pastries for like £2. I made this with a leftover croissant and a cinnamon bun. Added eggs, sugar single cream and milk plus vanilla extract and some lemon zest. Mixed in some sultanas. I'm definitely no chef but it tastes banging with custard 🙂

I'd say three big portions or six small ones.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 86

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Update on the Patreon.

I can't post any more screenshots, because I suspect they may out my friend. Suffice to say she's gone on a one-on-one charm offensive with some of her Patreons (direct private messages) and deleted any hint of negativity (negativity being things like 'Hey Jack, I love you, you most marvellous person in the universe. I'm ever so sorry to ask, but given that I've been paying for cards for months and have never received one, could you please, please check whether you actually have my address? Pretty please? I'm so sorry.')

I don't think the majority of her Patreons care one way or another whether she actually sends them anything. They feel good about supporting someone 'poor'. I just wish they'd set up a donation directly to the Trussell Trust, but here we are.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 83

jenny2603

VIP Member
It all just looks so.....rubbery. Vegetable peelings - just why?
Imagine being vegetarian or vegan politely trying to plough your way through that sinister brick of old hamster bedding. The host turns to you and asks if you're enjoying it "yes-lovely" you lie and then they tell you it's made from vegetable peelings. I'm not sure what Debretts Guide to Etiquette and Modern Manners recommends in this kind of situation but surely throwing your plate at the wall and storming out would be a proportionate response. I mean it's so rude "Yes, I spent ages making meat dishes for everyone else and just fed you peelings like a guinea pig because you're a fucking hippy"

• Haha
Reactions: 81

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Why has she not even bothered to trim the tops of the veg? Who wants inedible manky carrot tops on their Christmas dinner plate?

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 16.32.50.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 80

maytoseptember

VIP Member
She’s claiming a top temp of 41.5 Celsius? 😳 That’s an astronomical fever for an adult. Kids can spike really high fevers (if my kids hit 41 I’d take them straight to A&E) but extremely high temps are a lot rarer in adults IIRC.

She claims to be maintaining a temp of 40 but is happily tweeting? The last couple of times I’ve had a fever, it’s been 38 and I felt too shit to do anything other than curl up in a ball.

This is all very very suspicious.

• Heart
Reactions: 79

Hollaaa

VIP Member
No point in working out where it came from?
So I can't suggest #120: Jack and trace as a thread title? I know it's early but, come on!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Hi. Long time listener, first time caller. This was me and happy for you to screenshot my email as long as my name is removed! Have been seriously suspicious of Jack since beginning of lockdown when she started moaning about having no money or work, even though she was with a Channel 4 executive. So I unfollowed her then.

Am a final year PhD student working on a topic related to food and poverty and seeing her RTed praising her for that mess made me rage. Have followed the Tattle thread pretty closely minus screenshots after searching "Jack Monroe liar" not long after that haha. But only just made this account because it seems like exactly the time drain I don't need when I'm trying to write 80,000 words.

Not surprised that nobody has responded to the email directly because I tweeted about the £20 shop when I blocked her and only one person in the field agreed. She is Teflon.
Omg this unveil is so dramatic, love it, welcome ❤ See it’s researchers like you & our other phds on this exclusive 🔥 mailing list who need to be getting book deals to write on poverty, not a grifter who’s still resentful she only had a Land Rover and not a Mercedes as a teen.

• Heart

xoxo

CB6EBAE8-4623-4790-8D52-DF7353FA51F8.jpeg

Well someone’s just remembered they are sponsored by Del Monte!

• Haha
  • Sick

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
is 'being an even more annoying cunt than usual' listed as an official covid symptom? if so this is a very extreme case.

• Haha
  • Heart

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
I don't wish her ill health but I remain sceptical and posting a pic of her temp is absolutely pathetic

Sounds like Louisa is the nurse then. And possibly the target of Jack's fury too....
Neurotic?

Repeating myself but...

Trip to Edinburgh the day after Scotland started lifting restrictions.
Asda shopping twice on a Sunday.
She had two visitors round recently (Del Monte photos).
Next day she went off to another photoshoot (big feet photos).
Then she was dressed up for something? Assuming she didn't pop to Tesco.

Losing a bit a sympathy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
No don’t go Jack...you haven’t done wagon wheels when they were really big with thick chocolate, or Cadbury’s spira🥕chocolate, TRIO bars with the advert where she sang TRIO, lean cuisine cottage pie, Heinz toast toppers on toasted soft white sliced bread, screwball ice creams with the chewy ball. Just hang in there, there’s so much more engagement you could be getting if you just...hold on

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20201217-233141__01__01.jpg

You're pretending to have a fever at a level which constitutes a medical emergency, should think you do feel 'a bit warm', you absolute melt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75