Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
According to what I've read, about 80% of covid cases have mild symptoms, or none at all.

There is a 0% chance that Jack will be in that 80%.
I won't believe she has Covid unless she explicitly says so. She's avoided saying it so far - probably in the belief that she will catch it and THEN she will say so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
Crikey that looks seriously unappealing. Or una’peel’ing.

I’ll get my coat.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
And nice to see the the vegans can't have the gravy either as she has put lard in it, mind you that would be a blessed relief.
Oh no it’s ok, hun! Just use baking spread and some mandarin juice, it’ll thicken up eventually 👌

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I've got a few pages to catch up, but I wanted the share this photo of the angel from the top of our tree. She fell off the tree today and both her arms broke off in bits. I've glued/sellotaped them back on, but instead of praying, she now looks like she's doing a slow, sarcastic handclap and she is totally a Frau! OMG, she's lost a bit of eye too :oops:
View attachment 349551
It's Sallie Axl! Whoops wrong thread...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh it’s zero waste now is it?
Because I’m FEWMIN at the latest arrangement of slop, I’ve just popped over to Iceland.
I filled my trolley with -
Starter- Brie and cranberry pastry crown £2
Main- bacon wrapped turkey breast serves 4 1.15kg £7
20 Yorkshire’s £1
900g Mixed veg £1
907g Roasted potatoes in veg oil £1
400g Sprouts with chestnuts £1
280g Red cabbage £1
Any bisto that’s veggie £1
24 “trimmings” pigs in blanket and pork stuffing balls £3
Dessert- luxury Xmas pud serves 4 £2 (half price offer)
1kg Birds custard £1
£23.50
I’d probably not bother with frozen mixed veg, I’d spend the £1 on fresh carrots and swede.
This isn’t a zero waste dinner. There’s plenty of leftovers for Boxing Day. And it’s frozen so it will keep.
I think there’s too much spent on the meat to be honest. But yeah, similar cost as Mackie, but using much less electricity and with leftover food for another day....
Quoting myself like a narc- I missed off the 300g luxury nut roast £2.50

Spend another few quid and it’s free delivery from Iceland.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Unfortunately dear heart, you have misunderstood. Poor people do not have freezers. Do not pass go, do not collect £23.

They do, of course, have blenders, ovens, fridges, slow cookers, pans galore and fancy serving dishes.

Oh it’s zero waste now is it?
Because I’m FEWMIN at the latest arrangement of slop, I’ve just popped over to Iceland.
I filled my trolley with -
Starter- Brie and cranberry pastry crown £2
Main- bacon wrapped turkey breast serves 4 1.15kg £7
20 Yorkshire’s £1
900g Mixed veg £1
907g Roasted potatoes in veg oil £1
400g Sprouts with chestnuts £1
280g Red cabbage £1
Any bisto that’s veggie £1
24 “trimmings” pigs in blanket and pork stuffing balls £3
Dessert- luxury Xmas pud serves 4 £2 (half price offer)
1kg Birds custard £1
£23.50
I’d probably not bother with frozen mixed veg, I’d spend the £1 on fresh carrots and swede.
This isn’t a zero waste dinner. There’s plenty of leftovers for Boxing Day. And it’s frozen so it will keep.
I think there’s too much spent on the meat to be honest. But yeah, similar cost as Mackie, but using much less electricity and with leftover food for another day....

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
hey everyone i thought i would finally say hello, you've probably all seen me liking all your stuff since feb /march time!!
i got onto our good friend jack after joining tattle to look at old pip schofs escapades and noticed jacks thread,i followed her a couple of years back and thought something was fishy then these threads really opened my eyes
i was here for the JO pile on ,DKL watch along and the famous thread when she graced us with her presence haha
i went through stages of catching up to the present time then forgot about it but i always caught up eventually!
i just want to stay you lot have gotten me through this year and made me laugh so much when i've felt down due to this shitstorm of a year/work/chronic health conditions and life in general
thank(space) you

• Heart
Reactions: 108
Sorry who the duck would want to wake up Christmas morning to the smell of onions?!?! For the love of god, gravy the forgotten Christmas scent. Someone needs to let Yankee candle know this they are missing a trick.
I've always enjoyed a good parody Yankee candle.

1608151444514.png

• Haha
Reactions: 31
@Gazelle, I am vegan so I am excused. But I would be most curious to hear reports from any intrepid Frau or Herr who dares to make any of this menu.

Reactions: 15
Oh my GOD. I’m on a grunk, and I’m sure it’s been said, but that roast chicken! The skin! This is cooking 101!!! It isn’t made right!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.