Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The joke implies that her relatives can't possibly be British, as you can't deport British people. I have no clue about Priti Patel's family situation, but I suspect, like her, they are British.
I didn’t see it from that angle. You are totally correct. X

Reactions: 29
She’s on a load of Tweets already, reckon we could be on for a Jack Monrecord

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Narcs and the discussion about them on here are really fascinating but also, I imagine, utterly, utterly terrifying if you know one. My heart goes out to anyone involved with a Narcissist and that includes Louisa and SB.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hahaha to the mute comment. She would melt down quicker than an ice cream in a volcano. πŸ˜‚

It must be so nice getting someone to come stay with you only to spend all of your time tweeting your life away. I know she is isolating but if L already has it too then she doesn't need to. It's only the kid that needs isolated in that case. Just shut up womam rest and fluids is what you need to attention.

Reactions: 18
The joke implies that her relatives can't possibly be British, as you can't deport British people. I have no clue about Priti Patel's family situation, but I suspect, like her, they are British.

It's def BNP playbook to suggest that anyone who doesn't look like Hugh Grant or Lily Cole can't be British.
Right, because she keeps reinforcing this mindset herself. That's the point.

Reactions: 18
This is the thing she's doing to distract from the Sloppies isn't it?

I SHAN'T be put off. The fella's work sent him some mini gins plus tonic water and I have claimed the elderflower mini for Sloppies time. I have PLANS Jack. Plans that do not involve you tweeting til your sausage fingers bleed.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

It's def BNP playbook to suggest that anyone who doesn't look like Hugh Grant or Lily Cole can't be British.
I love that the posters on here make me consider my own reactions to things in a more nuanced way. A lot of lefty people on twitter have retweeted the joke and if it weren't for here I probably would have laughed at it but this and @HarderFaster's intelligent post made me stop and consider it a bit more deeply to see how problematic it is. This place really is an amazing resource!

although it obviously goes without saying that Priti Patel is evil

• Heart
Reactions: 62

This was the aspect I found offensive but you phrased it better than I could have.
I have now read a bit about her and I agree. No matter how despicable her own actions and politics are she is being reminded by white Brits that her family, due to their ethnic background and looks to go with it, must qualify for deportation. I argue that if she, in your words, looked like eg. Lily Cole the suggestion to deport her own family might not have been made. On a very personal level I generally react very badly to deportation 'jokes', no matter who makes them.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

The tweeter seems to be a left-wing chappie but three people said that his tweet was a bit racist, and two said while they got the joke, it was a bit off. He said he took their point but explained how awful Priti is, fwiw. Personally, I still don't like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26

She knows she has a massive challenge to try and direct attention away from 'The Sloppies' later on. I don't rule out an A&E lady doctor being involved.

What odds can I get on this episode inevitably resulting in a 'Long Covid' self-diagnosis that will be wheeled out to excuse any future failures to deliver?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Why didn't she just say, sorry I wasn't aware of that connotation? I was just asked by a photographer to take that pose and had no idea of the connection to demonic worship. I am sorry if I have caused offence.

It is not possible for her to know all religious and anti religion iconography. It is not an admission of failure to admit that she was unaware of something.

Just say thank you, now I am aware I will not use that picture again. No need for snarky attempts at a put down.
Not to defend Jack, but the person she was replying to seems to be a batshit conspiracy theorist (not to mention a hardcore anti-vaxxer/Covid denier). Once people like that buy into the notion that there's some huge Satanic cult operating in the shadows, it becomes very easy for them to project their paranoia onto people they identify as part of the conspiracy (their targets are usually also left-wing, curiously). They're dangerous idiots who shouldn't be pandered to. For all of Jack's numerous and infuriating faults, I think we can all agree she isn't part of a Satanic conspiracy and is well within her rights to shut down anyone who tries to imply otherwise!

Having said all that, she's still a monumental prick.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
303fd772-afc9-4186-8aec-d7ce2efe7d60.jpg

Found this pic last night of a catto cosplaying Jack's sentient hair and friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
She knows she has a massive challenge to try and direct attention away from 'The Sloppies' later on. I don't rule out an A&E lady doctor being involved.

What odds can I get on this episode inevitably resulting in a 'Long Covid' self-diagnosis that will be wheeled out to excuse any future failures to deliver?

Bookies have closed the market on it. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 16
All right, not wanting to πŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”Ί anyone (or myself) but SOMEBODY just sent an amazing email to an academic mailing list I'm part of completely destroying Jack because another email suggested 'the artist formally known as potatoes' as essential reading for understanding food poverty. Really sorry I can't screenshot but it was brutal and brilliant and I am HERE for it. That person MUST be a Tattler.

They're very welcome to DM me (if they're comfortable) cos I am absolutely dying to know who it is :LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.