Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only thing more boring would be if she'd shared whatever she dreamt of this week (I tend to find other people's stories of their dreams very boring....sorry)
I immediately stop listening if somebody starts talking about dreams. Why would I care what they dreamt about?!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Touch wood, I haven't had CV19 (though I did have a few weeks of terrible stomach pains and a low fever for which I got antibiotics and omeprazole), but I had real flu (as opposed to a bad cold called flu) several Christmases ago. All I could do was sleep or lie exhausted in bed in between forcing myself occasionally to take the dogs out. I couldn't eat, couldn't read, couldn't string two words together. I wasn't busy making sense on social media.

Too many lies mean that I just don't believe her symptoms are that bad. Let's not forget that her last brush with the NHS was for an eye coloured by make up.
I'm sure I had it late January ,early February was totally knackered with dry throat, couldn't stop coughing and was getting hot flushes . Just took it to be possible menopausal . Parents Also felt not well after just so pissed off with people not sticking to rules ,like my neighbours going to your boyfriend's and your daughter's doing the same is just making those who stick to the rules suffer even longer 😡

Reactions: 17
I immediately stop listening if somebody starts talking about dreams. Why would I care what they dreamt about?!?
I once dreamt that JM was feeding me an enormous, buttered baguette and woke up immensley thirsty, which is nothing if not psychologically very interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Is she trying to make everyone think her temp is so high that she’s hallucinating? (And yet... still able to operate Twitter juuuuust fine.)
How 'strange' that a coven Frau had the same thought.. happens sometimes.
Is that maybe what got me here in the first place...?

So so glad she is on the mend, going from barely able to eat a cracker to an endless stream of culinary consciousness within a few hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Is brown lemonade something to do with kidney infections?

Bedtime . When I wake up, please let this all have been a dream.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The worst is the surprise about what they've dreamt about ("Can you believe I dreamt this weird thing?")

Yes!....It's a dream! Anything can happen in your dreams.

(I had a colleague who told one dream repeatedly. She did not repeatedly dream it, throughout the year she kept bringing the same one-off dream up)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Surprised she’s not gone full on cockney urchin with this throwback, also weird she’s not mentioned Rossi’s?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
duck me, she had a lot of comfort foods as a kid (mine were basically chips and Haribo's)

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I caught measles when I was 19 (they wouldn’t vaccinate me as I’d had convulsions as a baby). I was ILL. My temperature was sky high. I lay sweating in bed staring at the wall for a fortnight. If Twitter had existed then I couldn’t have gone near it. My parents left a radio playing in my bedroom - I still struggle to listen to Purple Rain and Jazzin’ for Blue Jean as they remind me of endlessly staring at that Laura Ashley wallpaper while feeling like death.
Ditto - measles at 19 but due to admin errors by the parent, school and GP. Was a year ahead at school (can I be classed as gifted, even did some GCSEs at 14!) so missed some regular stuff. Was in hospital for 10 days, don't remember about 8.5 of those. Space, Female of the Species seemed to be playing a lot! From what I've read it's not close to bad corona but the worst illness I've had.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.