Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn’t she just tweeting about how eating an apple and a cracker was the hardest thing she had ever faced such was her lack of appetite?! Yet now she’s listing reams of rich, heavy foods (by the way, was she brought up in a bleeping Enid Blyton novel or something?! She was a kid in the 90s - we were all guzzling turkey twizzlers ffs).

She knows that nostalgic food tweets get engagement, pure and simple. Extra notches for the dopamine like-ometer. I’m with @BeautifulTrauma - she’s not got it and if she has it’s essentially symptom-free. The longer she tweets tit the more she tells on herself tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
Is pearl barley soup Irish?! I never knew that and I am from there, we called it veg soup in our house. Also fried bread ( does she mean the English loaf version) or that lovely fried soda and potato bread from Ireland. There is no comparison so it's either one or the other.

I personally don't think loaf bread fries well( or else I have always done it wrong)

Also it's not just pearl barley it's actually made with veg soup mix. I know this because my mum made it all the time and we always had a bad in the cupboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Why can’t she say “sorry to hear you were in hospital, hope you’re better now” rather than “my son was in NICU so we’ll just keep talking about me thanks”.

Even cynical old me would like to think she’s not lying about having it, and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. But if she’s as ill as she’s implying, she just wouldn’t be able to tweet all day. Just stick on one of your six radios and concentrate on getting better!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
CB6EBAE8-4623-4790-8D52-DF7353FA51F8.jpeg

Well someone’s just remembered they are sponsored by Del Monte!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 79
Didn’t she tweet that she was under a weighted blanket yesterday and today she’s so hot she’s naked with all windows open?!

Sure Jan gif.

It’s all a lie, I would bet my life on it. And I can see how people are sucked in even on here because we are conditioned to believe people when they are poorly and take it at face value - however Jack isn’t a normal person. She’s a narcissistic attention seeker who just looks for the next social media high she can get. What can get better for her after a day of likes for her recipes? Ah yes, the martyr role, gravely ill and soldiering on for her squiggles to get recipes out. She’s like an addict, where you are constantly chasing a bigger and bigger hit and high, and this right now with a fake illness is the only way she can get it.

Ps. Hi Jack! Post your test result and when you had it and I’ll believe you! As I don’t for a second believe you caught it on Monday, as you didn’t isolate till Tuesday because of your son. Which means you must have had a test late Tuesday/Wednesday so Thursday is in the realms of possibility but unlikely for test results - and the symptoms being so dramatic just doesn’t add up.
Only the test results posted online is when I will believe it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Lads. The only good thing is she’s not dreaming about her own food 🤣
And isn’t that telling.

Ooh, ooh. I’m just imagining that thin, watery no-sauce and biting into the crunchy layers of my desert-dry lasagne. Ah, I feel better already.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Touch wood, I haven't had CV19 (though I did have a few weeks of terrible stomach pains and a low fever for which I got antibiotics and omeprazole), but I had real flu (as opposed to a bad cold called flu) several Christmases ago. All I could do was sleep or lie exhausted in bed in between forcing myself occasionally to take the dogs out. I couldn't eat, couldn't read, couldn't string two words together. I wasn't busy making sense on social media.

Too many lies mean that I just don't believe her symptoms are that bad. Let's not forget that her last brush with the NHS was for an eye coloured by make up.

Reactions: 39
Tweeting these nonsensical lists of foods are contributing to her working day. Give it a few weeks and she’ll be telling everyone that she continued to work flat out while delirious with COVID. Jack Monroe: Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Ok. I have mercifully stayed Covid free. A few of my work colleagues have had it to varying degrees, thankfully, none serious or needing hospital attention. But if she’s still tweeting despite feeling more poorly than she’s ever been, I would kindly refer her to the ‘flu. The proper ‘flu, when you literally cannot do anything because everything hurts so much. Honestly, after 2 weeks of having it and developing a secondary chest inf, my wife manoeuvred me into the shower before my Dr’s appointment, and I cried. I couldn’t brush my teeth, let alone tweet.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.