Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol I am part of the very same mailing list and just punched the air and cackled with glee x
Without breaking confidentiality or landing anyone in it. Are you able to give us a rough outline (no direct quotes) of the points they raised?

Reactions: 19
I disagree, Harry. I think British people wield their famed sense of humour like a shield and we (yes) absolutely need calling out when we’re being unfunny, offensive arseholes.

ich liebe dich. ❤

ETA - In case it wasn’t clear I meant I disagree you should keep quiet!
but but but ultimately we, non-Brits like Harry and I, are here for the British humour.

Dared to make an assumption that this statement is true for @Harrybosch , hence the "we".

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What’s the point of a family recipe passed down if they won’t pass it down to her? Perhaps they saw her raw egg noodle bowl and decided she’s not up to making it yet.
Each to their own but I’ve had vege avgolemoni and it was not for me. Unsure how adding chicken would help.
They probably realised she would completely duck it up by adding stuffing or lard or grapefruit or grated corned beef, and then publish it on her website as their “family recipe”. So I can see why they might hold on to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
All right, not wanting to 🔺🔺🔺 anyone (or myself) but SOMEBODY just sent an amazing email to an academic mailing list I'm part of completely destroying Jack because another email suggested 'the artist formally known as potatoes' as essential reading for understanding food poverty. Really sorry I can't screenshot but it was brutal and brilliant and I am HERE for it. That person MUST be a Tattler.

They're very welcome to DM me (if they're comfortable) cos I am absolutely dying to know who it is :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Hi. Long time listener, first time caller. This was me and happy for you to screenshot my email as long as my name is removed! Have been seriously suspicious of Jack since beginning of lockdown when she started moaning about having no money or work, even though she was with a Channel 4 executive. So I unfollowed her then.

Am a final year PhD student working on a topic related to food and poverty and seeing her RTed praising her for that mess made me rage. Have followed the Tattle thread pretty closely minus screenshots after searching "Jack Monroe liar" not long after that haha. But only just made this account because it seems like exactly the time drain I don't need when I'm trying to write 80,000 words.

Not surprised that nobody has responded to the email directly because I tweeted about the £20 shop when I blocked her and only one person in the field agreed. She is Teflon.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 150
She definitely brought a chaos upon herself by trying to elevenerife her own photo of a temperature reading and not realising that it would mean she was dangerously ill if true. I think the resulting stream of food tweets are her version of a Men In Black memory eraser for the squigs just in case one of them decides to actually call an ambulance (maybe the same one that left the soap).

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I'd have made that joke about Teresa May when she was Home Secretary - or David Blunkett.
Teresa May got some hardcore rants from me in her time, and plenty of piss taking - she’s vile. Same now for Priti. The reason the joke is ‘funny’, or supposed to be, is I think meant to be the complete opposite of racist, but I can see what Harry is saying, it implies her family aren’t British. I make jokes about ‘foreigners’ all the time, in the context of my family mostly being hardcore -take our country back- Brexiteers, despite absolutely loving my husband, who is not from the UK. Most of them are narcissists, so it’s either humour, grey rock, or a screaming row to deal with them. They’re all rubbing their hands with glee about Brexit, so I’m always saying things like “thank god that horrible foreigner MrPatrol can go back to his own country and England will be wonderful again” with heavy sarcasm and eye rolls. My husband has a British passport so he’s not actually going anywhere. I mean..... I just think the joke was not particularly funny, but more a comment on Patel’s self-loathing. My kids are British, but if they grow up to be total arseholes who want to sling everyone out of the UK, I’ll be reminding them that they come from a long line of immigrants, and that they wouldn’t exist without immigration.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
To all you lovely people here, thanks for making this one time lurker feel welcome! Enjoy the sloppies, mr flutter bucket has just finished work until January and we have just completed our last home school lesson of the year. Music and dancing are in order now!
Have fun tonight. I will look forward to catching up tomorrow

• Heart
Reactions: 51
All right, not wanting to 🔺🔺🔺 anyone (or myself) but SOMEBODY just sent an amazing email to an academic mailing list I'm part of completely destroying Jack because another email suggested 'the artist formally known as potatoes' as essential reading for understanding food poverty. Really sorry I can't screenshot but it was brutal and brilliant and I am HERE for it. That person MUST be a Tattler.
The "artist formally known as potatoes" typo has ended me. Jack Monroe: the artist formally known as potatoes. Maybe she can use it with her honorary PhD: Dr Spud?

One of my favourite things was when our council re-named some local roads and put "[X] Street - Formally known as [old street name]" on the new signs. Every time I drove past, I'd think "That's SIR cul-de-sac to you, peasants!"

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I am quite surprised we haven't had a selfie yet of Jack looking very brave and very frail. We haven't have we?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Hi. Long time listener, first time caller. This was me and happy for you to screenshot my email as long as my name is removed! Have been seriously suspicious of Jack since beginning of lockdown when she started moaning about having no money or work, even though she was with a Channel 4 executive. So I unfollowed her then.

Am a final year PhD student working on a topic related to food and poverty and seeing her RTed praising her for that mess made me rage. Have followed the Tattle thread pretty closely minus screenshots after searching "Jack Monroe liar" not long after that haha. But only just made this account because it seems like exactly the time drain I don't need when I'm trying to write 80,000 words.

Not surprised that nobody has responded to the email directly because I tweeted about the £20 shop when I blocked her and only one person in the field agreed. She is Teflon.
Your email made me SO happy, especially as so many 'critical thinkers' take Jack at face value. But it's also frustratingly understandable that they do - nobody *expects* someone to be a lying narcissist, so people just assume she speaks the truth, and because she can write emotively and looks the part (white, attractive etc) everyone just believes her story unless they look deeper 😖

Here's the screenshot in all its glory:

2020-12-18 (5)_LI.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 164

Omg this unveil is so dramatic, love it, welcome ❤ See it’s researchers like you & our other phds on this exclusive 🔥 mailing list who need to be getting book deals to write on poverty, not a grifter who’s still resentful she only had a Land Rover and not a Mercedes as a teen.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Welcome Disgruntled Goat ! These threads are moving so fast. I keep meaning to start from the beginning but never get chance 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Teresa May got some hardcore rants from me in her time, and plenty of piss taking - she’s vile. Same now for Priti. The reason the joke is ‘funny’, or supposed to be, is I think meant to be the complete opposite of racist, but I can see what Harry is saying, it implies her family aren’t British. I make jokes about ‘foreigners’ all the time, in the context of my family mostly being hardcore -take our country back- Brexiteers, despite absolutely loving my husband, who is not from the UK. Most of them are narcissists, so it’s either humour, grey rock, or a screaming row to deal with them. They’re all rubbing their hands with glee about Brexit, so I’m always saying things like “thank god that horrible foreigner MrPatrol can go back to his own country and England will be wonderful again” with heavy sarcasm and eye rolls. My husband has a British passport so he’s not actually going anywhere. I mean..... I just think the joke was not particularly funny, but more a comment on Patel’s self-loathing. My kids are British, but if they grow up to be total arseholes who want to sling everyone out of the UK, I’ll be reminding them that they come from a long line of immigrants, and that they wouldn’t exist without immigration.
I also love how the Frauen always offer a multitude of views and interpretations!!

Yes, it always needs to be taken into consideration who makes a joke and why. There is definitely the aspect of "bloody hell, that horrible women has got no shame to deport her own family/sell her grandmother kind of style."
I too make horrible jokes sometimes but only when people who listen know me well enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.