Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
21BC4D60-C907-4350-B25A-A7AAACA4A819.jpeg

Oh squiggle. I’ve already prepared them as individual posts. The ship has sailed. Didn’t you realise that this is one of those pointless polls I do just for the engagement? Tut.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Is anyone willing to take the risk ...make this and report back 😬??
I’m predicting bitter onion with a background of stomach churning fat
And how the duck does it thicken??
LOL, it’ll thicken about as much as her white sauce. Which, let’s not forget, when asked how many times she tested that recipe, she said “one and done” 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I feel a bit for BB. I can’t imagine Jack will be gracious if she catches Covid off her. She may be an adult with a full understanding of the risks of bubbling with someone who comes into contact with lots of people in a high risk area (as well as having a long list of Covid risky escapades of her own) but I picture it something like this.

Isolation in the crappy bungalow, a crappy play scene 6 (sign up to my patreon to access scenes 2-5 if I can be arsed writing them in between dinosaur naps).

J: you gave me it & I could have DIED, it was the WORST EVER, it was LONG.

L: I think you’re being a tad dramatic, you were completely fine, you were knitting throughout. Nobody could taste the slop. It was okay...Please stop tweeting this.

J: you could have KILLED me. You know I’m immunocompromised. They kept the Nightingale hospital open just for ME, Jackie McMonroe, writer, former activist, slop savant, accidental conqueror of covid fears...

L: this bubble isn’t working.

J: you can’t LEAVE, I could have DIED.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
duck me that is genuinely the most disgusting recipe. Blend your raw onions with 2 types of fat and some herbs? Why not roast them or saute them as a flavour base.
I'll be making onion gravy for my veggie daughter. Thinly sliced onions cooked very slowly in butter and a touch of oil to stop the butter burning, when nicely caramelised a spoon of flour stirred in and then cooked out, veggie stock added and simmered until cooked and thickened. Very nice. No baking spread, no lard, no fuss and no liquidised boiled onions

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I think I may vom. Why is she not using the lovely fat from the turkey? Heat in a pan until bubbling, stir in flour and cook till it looks sandy and so you cook the flour out. Slowly add hot stock (and veg water if you fancy) mixing well so it doesn't go lumpy. Let it simmer gently and I add the juices that have come out of the meat. I add a drop of gravy browning just to make it a nice appetising colour. (I actually use a cast iron casserole dish to cook my turkey or joint in, that way you get all the amazing juices and flavour from the bottom of the pan. Why is she obsessed with blending stuff? Why not make a proper roux?

I'm a pretty good at making gravy (hell, I am northern after all), but my mum made the best gravy ever. After she died (very unexpectedly) and we were stood outside the hospital shell shocked, one of the grandchildren started to sob because he'd never have the joy of one of her roast dinners, and her gravy. It's not the big things that get to you is it?
My mother (from the Black Country) always used the roasting tin to make the gravy while the meat was resting. Just powder Bisto mixed with a little water and then the vegetable water. Heaven.

Reactions: 29
I thought Jack got tested at the same time as BB? Just odd that she hasn't got a result yet, but then again it is all so vague.

Just saw this tweet and thought of JM.

IMG_20201216_215304.png

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The squiggle must have been referring to her “work”. Babe, same x
BRB just off to fizz and hoot with Slopbot Mel Donte

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I love how we all must read these tweets and squawk laugh the same bits in a high pitched voice.

Focused and precise Fraus. Focused and precise. Not half assed and Wikipedia-ed. Focused. And. Precise.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.